The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Dallas Stars at Vancouver Canucks | Apr. 18, 2022 | 7:30 pm PT | Sportsnet Pacific

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

7 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Dries has had like 2 decent shifts.  Theres a reason why Hes a career ahler.  Dickinsons been pretty good since hes been back in the lineup.

Have you not watched him these past two games?  He's been all over the ice every time he's out there.  His game has transitioned flawlessly into the NHL as of late.  Will it last?  Maybe not.  But right now I think he's the best option for that 6th top 6 forward

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

It feels like every time the Podkolzin-Miller-Garland line is out, they finish the shift with a scoring chance.

Miller has become a master at creating space, opening up ice where there wasn't any.  His abilities and vision in this department have gone through the roof this year, which is why his points have too.  He has radically improved the way he does things out there.  Podz is a great fit with him for this as he's similar already.  Great to see.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Interesting. What is it about McCauley that you like?

If we're talking about favourite refs I'm actually a pretty big Francois St. Laurent fan.  He's underrated for how well he calls a game.  I think he's one of the most consistent ones, tends to call fewer penalties (which I prefer), plus his name just roles off the tongue nicely lol.

Edit: Also a quick tidbit about him his first ever playoff game he called was Game 1 of 2011 between us and the Blackhawks and we all know how much we loved that game :D

Edited by Rindiculous
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Muttley said:

Period had it's ebbs and flows.  Was a bit worried at the 10 min mark but we held them off for the most part and we certainly owned the last six minutes or so. 

Petey looks to be on fire.  Garland, Miller, OEL all playing well. Boeser looks that part of being rusty. He sure doesn't like to keep the puck any longer then he has to..

I think Boeser will be the odd man out due to salary cap. We will keep Garland, Hoglander, Podkolzin, Petersson, Horvat and Miller for the top 6 and hope Danila will replace Boeser's shot. I think as long as we have a good top 6 and somewhat decent bottom 6 with Dickenson, Lammikho, Highmore, Lockwood, Richardson and maybe some UFA 3rd liner we would be set for forwards and set in goal with Demko and Martin. We need to find a good top 4 D. We have Myers, Hughes, OEL but missing a top 4 D. I dont see poolman, or Schenn as being a legit top 4 D eventhough I like Schenn. I dont think we need to tear up and rebuild the team but we need to have some retooling. I would trade poolman, Pearson and Boeser to retool.