The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Calgary Flames | Apr. 23, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

He's got 26 points in 76 games including 14 goals.

Don't think he has anything to learn in the minors. 

Actually, Drance put it really well.  He gets to learn what it means to be the big dog. 

He will be expected to be the best player on the ice for either team and play in every situation as the potential Alpha.  He isn't going to experience that on the main team for years yet.  Add playoff expectations and I think there is lots to learn and experience.  

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I'm not sure why people think Myers would be hard to move.  He's a workhorse, can play in all situations, has size, plays physical, can skate and his salary isn't nearly as bad as people think.

They'd have a tough time replacing him for cheaper

Well last season Adam Larsson signed for 4 years 4 million. 

1 minute ago, dm_ranger said:

Actually, Drance put it really well.  He gets to learn what it means to be the big dog. 

He will be expected to be the best player on the ice for either team and play in every situation as the potential Alpha.  He isn't going to experience that on the main team for years yet.  Add playoff expectations and I think there is lots to learn and experience.  

The minute anyone uses the term "alpha", I automatically presume they have zero credibility

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We can’t have both OEL and Myers.  OEL (contract) is impossible to trade without huge amounts of sugar, so he’s staying.  Myers goes.  We likely add a bit of sugar and retain some too, but he’s the guy out.

OEL can carry his partner

Hughes carries his partner

Myers needs to be carried.  He’s got to go.

We need to move Myers and Miller.  Plus one of Boeser or Garland.  

If Hughes "carries" his partner (Schenn) why is he only +7 and Schenn is +13 . Think LS is a positive for QH. Agree on Myers

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'd rather have Myers than Larsson......not really even a hard decision for me

For 2 million more + 1 another year in the contract?

We are not comparing Myers + Larson we are comparing a 6 Million Myers against a 4 Million Larson

Edited by iinatcc
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moe Knows said:

If Hughes "carries" his partner (Schenn) why is he only +7 and Schenn is +13 . Think LS is a positive for QH. Agree on Myers

You really think Schenn can carry a top pair?  

We have two D who carry their partner.  Put them with whomever, and they will still do well.  Hughes and OEL.

Myers sucks old socks unless he’s with a better player than he is.  

Im hopeful we can dumperoo him, but it’s going to cost sugar and retention.  

1 minute ago, iinatcc said:

We are not comparing Myers + Larson we are comparing a 6 Million Myers against a 4 Million Larson

Yup.  I have no issues with Myers.  Not a lot of guys can play big mins the way he does

1 minute ago, iinatcc said:

Larson would fit in nicely beside Hughes or OEL.  It would be fabulous if we could do a deal where we can move Myers for Larson.  I think all Canuck fans would celebrate!  

Then we move Boes or Garland to get Marino

Hughes Larson

OEL Marino

Dermott Schenn

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Larson would fit in nicely beside Hughes or OEL.  It would be fabulous if we could do a deal where we can move Myers for Larson.  I think all Canuck fans would celebrate!  

Then we move Boes or Garland to get Marino

Hughes Larson

OEL Marino

Dermott Schenn

Except the reply form above your post :lol:

But I can see people defending Myers over other players from other teams. We are Canucks homers after all. How long did it take us to realize Juolevi was a bad pick 2, 3, or 4 years lol?

6 hours ago, viking mama said:

Because they feel they are in? Resting up!

Stech is a skilled character player who continues to improve as an NHLer.  His contributions to the last IIHF World Championship winning team - were stellar, even heroic! Healthy scratched you say - who knows why?

The LAK went out & got him because they wanted/needed him &  believed that he could be more than just a light-weight asset to their NHL-team & locker room. 

Stech is being scratched in LA and couldn’t make the starting roster in Detroit for most of his time there. Last I watched him he was moving the puck better but his board battles were not going well. As a 3rd pairing d-man with limited offensive upside I think teams are willing to pass. 

I turned on the game just in time to see Pod make a determined rush into the Flames zone, just to get hammered into the end boards, which should have been a charging/targetting/boarding call,  quickly followed by a cheap $#% trip call on us as the flames were bringing the puck out, and the flames 4th goal. Anybody here as pissed on the Pod hit as I was, or was I dreaming?

• Vintage 2

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Outplayed, outclassed, outwhatever. Canucks aren't good enough, haven't; been in 10 years. As the Canucks mantra goes - maybe next year  :picard: 

It’s clear these last couple games that unless 

Demko is Double Bubble good we can’t compete with the big boppers.  

34 minutes ago, sockeye said:

I disagree with all the hate directed at Myers. You need to put the salary aside. Our D would be much worse without him. I double checked and he has the best +- on the team at +16. Schenn is next at +13 then Hughes at +7.

Like all our D, Myers has the odd gaff but he is solid defensively all things considered. I hope we keep him next season. Plus we need his size and he is a good skater.

Don't disagree he's had his best year as a Canuck. A lot of that is thanks to OEL whos defensive play against the top lines has been very solid. Tops on our team.

so you have 2 D over 7M in Hughes/ OEL so he has to go along with Poolman . Keep Schenn, Burroughs, Dermott (great pickup), and trade for a top 4 RD.

Both Poolman and Myers will be tough contracts to trade but for sure Myers should be out CAP wise

It may take bundling Garland or Boeser with Myers for a top RD but have to look long term here. 

Should be a very interesting summer as the JR/PA put their stamp on our future.

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You really think Schenn can carry a top pair?  

We have two D who carry their partner.  Put them with whomever, and they will still do well.  Hughes and OEL.

Myers sucks old socks unless he’s with a better player than he is.  

Im hopeful we can dumperoo him, but it’s going to cost sugar and retention.  

Did I say Schenn carries Hughes??? No I did not !!!  What I was saying was I don't believe QH carries Schenn, while Schenn isn't in QH's league he compliments him and allows him to utilize his offensive gifts better. To say QH carries Schenn is opinion not supported by the stats,  It's a symbiotic relationship. Style makes fights as they say.

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Except the reply form above your post :lol:

But I can see people defending Myers over other players from other teams. We are Canucks homers after all. How long did it take us to realize Juolevi was a bad pick 2, 3, or 4 years lol?

5 minutes....haha

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Muttley said:

Nope!  You weren't dreaming. Obviously Podz was one of the Flames main targets for the evening. They were on him quickly all night. He hung in there though.

His progression over the last two months in particular have been nothing less then stellar.  Having Boudreau has been fantastic for him.  

Welcome aboard!!

Maybe Brady cried to Matt about getting punched in the mouth. 

• Haha 1