• Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7
    • Kings in 4
    • Kings in 5
    • Kings in 6
    • Kings in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/05/2022 at 02:00 AM

1 minute ago, Chris12345 said:

Yea I hate Edmonton but absolutely enjoy watching him in full flight.

I’ve yet to see McWhiner in full flight BACK CHECKING.  McWhiner is a one way player.  He only goes hard when he has the puck.  Fun as hell to watch him do that though.  Just not winning hockey, especially in the playoffs.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Yea I hate Edmonton but absolutely enjoy watching him in full flight.

I'd prefer if he actually played like a man and cut out the diving and tantrums.  He doesn't cut that crap out though until the NHL fires the problem refs and cleans up the corruption.  We need refs with the balls to call McDiver for his flop and not the initial infraction, and kick him out of the game when he throws a tantrum about it.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I’ve yet to see McWhiner in full flight BACK CHECKING.  McWhiner is a one way player.  He only goes hard when he has the puck.  Fun as hell to watch him do that though.  Just not winning hockey, especially in the playoffs.  

The Canucks aren’t in the playoffs, not sure if any of us are watching for winning hockey. 

Pure chaos is most fun. 

We aren’t that far removed from Devils-Rangers which is the worst hockey I’ve ever seen in a finals, but the kind of hockey you’re talking about. 

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Which is great.

That doesn’t mean you can make blatant bad call after bad call. 

That was at least 3 borderline calls against LA so far. That’s not by accident. If the refs were just bad it would balance out, which it clearly isn’t.

Also right before the whistle McDavid interfered/cross checked away from the puck. 

Ref's blind spot.

• Cheers 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

I'd prefer if he actually played like a man and cut out the diving and tantrums.  He doesn't cut that crap out though until the NHL fires the problem refs and cleans up the corruption.  We need refs with the balls to call McDiver for his flop and not the initial infraction, and kick him out of the game when he throws a tantrum about it.

Damn that’s quite the compliment. Ask Flyers fans what they say about Sid.

9 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

Why aren't they showing the too many men call? Did they just sub too early from Quick coming off on delayed penalty?

I've run it back a few times and there's 5 Kings in the view so if one D was still on the ice to the left of the shot and he wasn'tt within 5 feet of the bench it's too many men. Never did see an angle that counted all 6 up though like they usually do. 

That being said I don't understand how that wasn't a Kings penalty shot.

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Which multiplies my entrainment value.

Nothing gets much better then watching him pull off mind blowing offensive plays and losing.

1 minute ago, Zhukini said:

The Canucks aren’t in the playoffs, not sure if any of us are watching for winning hockey. 

Pure chaos is most fun. 

We aren’t that far removed from Devils-Rangers which is the worst hockey I’ve ever seen in a finals, but the kind of hockey you’re talking about. 

McWhiner will never win a Cup unless he’s on a team with guys who cover for his lack of effort when he doesn’t have the puck. And the Soilers don’t have anyone like that.  

Just now, King Heffy said:

Well they cheer for a team that fired a coach for getting cancer.  I wouldn't use Flyers fans as a benchmark for anything.

dont remember hearing about that, when was that? also thats messed up lol

Pretty soon defenders won’t even be able to touch the forwards. I wish I was joking but that’s how bad it’s getting.

It seems like the NHL wants a league where guys figure skate and do pirouettes around the ice untouched…

• Vintage 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Pretty soon defenders won’t even be able to touch the forwards. I wish I was joking but that’s how bad it’s getting.

It seems like the NHL wants a league where guys figure skate and do pirouettes around the ice untouched…

You’re not wrong, but it’s kind of sad how we’re having this discussion on day 1 of the playoffs. I don’t think it was this bad at the start of the playoffs in previous years.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

And what happens a lot is guys hold the stick and the refs are oblivious....they see the tail end and tag the wrong guy. It's sneaky and not good hockey in my view. Cheap.

They have to stop calling the stuff that's 2 guys battling...you could call something every time 2 players engage. Unless it's something blatant, let them play.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

You’re not wrong, but it’s kind of sad how we’re having this discussion on day 1 of the playoffs. I don’t think it was this bad at the start of the playoffs in previous years.

No and it looked like from the games I watched at the end of the regular season that the refs were gearing up for playoff hockey.

Then I watch this garbage and it looks like preseason reffing.

Theres absolutely zero standard in this league.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I dunno man I'm old school it's a soft league now. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

The league has been bleeding money for several years now.  The NHL was hot in 94.  Been going downhill since, especially as the game is getting softer.  Losing its excitement.  Fancy “look at me go mommy” selfish plays isn’t what attracts the most fans.  Rough, straight ahead, hard nosed hockey gets fans into rinks.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1