• Flames in 5
    • Flames in 6
    • Flames in 7
    • Stars in 4
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/06/2022 at 02:00 AM

Yeah, Flames are done if Tanev is out. Hate to see anyone injured, but honestly, he was so injury prone with us and then some kind of ironMan with the Flames, I don’t mind him out now. Flames fans deserve some of the frustration us Canucks fans had after the team begins to rely on him and then he gets hurt.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Yeah, Flames are done if Tanev is out. Hate to see anyone injured, but honestly, he was so injury prone with us and then some kind of ironMan with the Flames, I don’t mind him out now. Flames fans deserve some of the frustration us Canucks fans had after the team begins to rely on him and then he gets hurt.

i hope tanev will be fine, but i also wouldn't mind him sitting out game 7

Edited by Rubik
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, JoshuaGuy said:

Stars need Benn ans Seguin to do something or this is over.

Seguin looks like hes still recovering from that bad calf injury. Not skating like he usually does.  Benn doesnt have a centre to play with.  I still think dallas takes this.  

the soilers are playing their game 7 tomorrow and if they advance to the next round that will put extra pressure on the lames the day after. get it done mcjesus, you can choke in the second round, the lames need to be stopped as early as possible, they could go deep this year

Edited by Rubik

15 minutes ago, Muttley said:

Clean or dirty?

I reluctantly have to say clean, barely. :( Thoughts?

Appears to be a hit to the head. Dirty! We've also seen more border line hits called as hits to the head!

I'm surprised how far Dallas is pushing Calgary to be honest, both teams have defended well but Calgary's top stars really aren't scoring much. I think it comes down to them under-performing instead of Dallas' defence and goalie over-performing.

Still they should win this series next game.

43 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

The letter of the law indicates that if the head is the principal point of contact, it's a dirty hit - so yes, that's a dirty hit because the elbow was clearly sticking out to strike the fellow's chin or head, and he followed-through after the initial contact.

Imho, it's clear to me as well but the league sometimes uses these "crouched victim" or "shorter player" loopholes. We'll find out soon enough.

3 hours ago, Muttley said:

Clean or dirty?

I reluctantly have to say clean, barely. :( Thoughts?

Hit to the head.

In the BCHL you’re out of the game, pretty much even if it’s an accidental thing or not. Why should the NHL’s standards be any different? Isn’t the NHL ‘smart hockey’, too? Don’t these players care when they sign papers  promising to abide by the NHL’s rules governing this game on & off the ice…and emphatically agree NOT to deliberately harm or injure one another, when they sign their contracts as union bros? 

If accidental…& you forcefully hit someone in the head - you’re probably still being reckless.  

Edited by viking mama

6 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I'm surprised how far Dallas is pushing Calgary to be honest, both teams have defended well but Calgary's top stars really aren't scoring much. I think it comes down to them under-performing instead of Dallas' defence and goalie over-performing.

Still they should win this series next game.

Isn't that the same story every year with the Flames?  Their star guys never show up in the playoffs.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Isn't that the same story every year with the Flames?  Their star guys never show up in the playoffs.

Yup.  And what does that “not showing up” tell us about those guys’ (lack of) character?