The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Tales (Game Over - Mafia Win!)

Rate this topic

14 hours ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

dcf5c51e8f19fec32e4324a115e91a3c.jpg

Word of advice for Captain Jack and his pirates... Mermaids always travel in pairs. They are beautiful creatures...which makes them so dangerous. Should they be disturbed, they may seek to woo and kill those who cross their paths..

R2 Begins Now. 2nd Nightfall will be 9:00PM PCT Tuesday. After Day 2, day cycles will drop to 24 hour cycles

Good Luck

Player List:

1. @AV.

2. @DarthMelvin

3. @luckylager

4. @falcon45ca

6. @Ilunga

7. @J-23

8. @naslund.is.king

9. @Aladeen

10. @Tanev

12. @Time Lord

13. @Sharpshooter

14. @Porscha

@naslund.is.king you must vote this round or be fed to the kraken.

Let's talk about the pair of mermaids.

Appears to be a 3P conversion mechanic.

Because MR's font was orange my assumption is MRs fellow mermaid is now a SK. Could be converted to vig because maf killed MR, but I'm leaning SK.

Thoughts?

• Like 2
On 6/10/2022 at 6:03 PM, DarthMelvin said:

I never EVER seen Falc play the humor card in our games. This is new...

jack sparrow GIF

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

You voted J23 yesterday, what is it about falcs game that has him hopping J23 now?

Johnny Depp Drinking GIF

I wouldn't say he's hopping lol. 

leg GIF

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

Why?

Too defensive and overreactive for a minor call-out.

20 minutes ago, luckylager said:

In case no one noticed, j23 was kicked from the super duper town gang.

There only two people in that gang. 

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Because MR's font was orange my assumption is MRs fellow mermaid is now a SK. Could be converted to vig because maf killed MR, but I'm leaning SK.

Thoughts?

Sounds like siblings.

• Like 2

Wolfy post from luckylager, IMO.

Would a town be concerned with a 3P mechanic (which is largely speculative, mind you) at this stage of the game?  Mafia are at large, and sure, I think a lover-turned-serial killer is a plausible possibility to consider for this game, but not one to be concerned with until later in the game when/if town numbers are lower and more information has been revealed.

Timing of this post is suspicious and really only serves to drive attention away from scum-hunting.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, AV. said:

Would a town be concerned with a 3P mechanic (which is largely speculative, mind you) at this stage of the game?  Mafia are at large, and sure, I think a lover-turned-serial killer is a plausible possibility to consider for this game, but not one to be concerned with until later in the game when/if town numbers are lower and more information has been revealed.

Timing of this post is suspicious and really only serves to drive attention away from scum-hunting.

Wolfy to hear other opinions on an important mech? Interesting.

If I'm scum, who was I pulling conversation away from with my question about mermaids? 

• Like 2
Just now, luckylager said:

Wolfy to hear other opinions on an important mech? Interesting.

If I'm scum, who was I pulling conversation away from with my question about mermaids? 

The subject/content is fine, but the timing is off for where we're at in the game.

I suppose you might have been thinking out loud (I have done this and do this on occasion), though.

• Like 2
Just now, AV. said:

The subject/content is fine, but the timing is off for where we're at in the game.

I suppose you might have been thinking out loud (I have done this and do this on occasion), though.

Yeah my understanding of conversion mechanics is shakey at best. I suppose we'll learn more as the game progresses, but I'm just curious if there's more than one threat to town, or of maybe we scored a vig due to maf killing MR.

Fingers crossed on vig, even if it's Sharpy and he kills me.

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Thoughts?

Meh, I just vote scummy players til the game ends. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, AV. said:

8 minutes ago, AV. said:

Hmmmmm....AV walks back his sus on LL pretty quickly I see

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, luckylager said:

You bet.

DM saying falc never drops cheesy jokes is a brutal take, and you thinking there are on 2 people in my super-duper town gang is just willful ignorance, or poor reading; and therefore a bad take.

Oh man…there are 2 people in MY town gang.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

Hmmmmm....AV walks back his sus on LL pretty quickly I see

Ehh, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, but I could still vote for him.

Not opposed since I can easily see a mafia luckylager wanting to shoot Master Radishes in N1.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, luckylager said:

You bet.

DM saying falc never drops cheesy jokes is a brutal take, and you thinking there are on 2 people in my super-duper town gang is just willful ignorance, or poor reading; and therefore a bad take.

Wait, he's serious?

I thought he was being sarcastic

• Like 1