The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[SCF] Colorado Avalanche (C1) vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (A3) | Avalanche win 2022 Stanley Cup

Rate this topic

2022 Stanley Cup Final  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Stanley Cup?

• Avalanche in 4
    • Avalanche in 5
    • Avalanche in 6
    • Avalanche in 7
    • Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/19/2022 at 12:00 AM

I'm really not a fan of how the refs call two polar opposite games from reg season to playoffs. 

And honestly the problem is the regular season. None of these hooks / holds / trips should ever be called unless it leading to an immediate scoring opportunity. I don't want to watch 6 powerplays a game just to make the show and get 1 to none for the same plays that happen during the reg season. League can't do much right but attempt a little consistency 

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Well I’m not a referee so it’s not my job to pay attention to those details. Kadri had the puck and was skating into the zone before MacKinnon even came off. MacKinnon didn’t come off until 5 seconds after Kadri jumped on. If you were a referre or a linesmen and were actually paying attention it was an easy call. 

There have been alot of missed calls in these playoffs. This one was one of the more obvious ones along with Kuemper’s mask coming off. 

There's a lot of missed calls every game. Too many men is often missed when the play is away from the benches. I see that throughout the season. It depends entirely on where the refs are looking and even the angle of their view as well at times. Refs will never ever be perfect. It's easy with replays from multiple angles and slow motion. They view everything in real time from one ice level viewpoint with a great deal going on. They tend to focus on the play where the puck is. It will never be perfect and expecting it to be is utterly unrealistic. It's why certain things are reviewable. This wasn't one of them. Human error will always be part of the game. Life goes on. As does the whining that life isn't perfect.

1 hour ago, Baggins said:

There's a lot of missed calls every game. Too many men is often missed when the play is away from the benches. I see that throughout the season. It depends entirely on where the refs are looking and even the angle of their view as well at times. Refs will never ever be perfect. It's easy with replays from multiple angles and slow motion. They view everything in real time from one ice level viewpoint with a great deal going on. They tend to focus on the play where the puck is. It will never be perfect and expecting it to be is utterly unrealistic. It's why certain things are reviewable. This wasn't one of them. Human error will always be part of the game. Life goes on. As does the whining that life isn't perfect.

While it was missed, the reality is the extra man was going to the bench and had zero impact on the play. Had the player impacted the play, different issue. Sure by the book it was a bad missed call. But on the impact to the goal, it had zero impact so....I can't feel that bad for Tampa

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

I think the refs want the Bruins to win this series...

The biggest regret was that ref Bill McCreary retired that year in 2011 and stopped at regular season. He should have done the playoffs too.  He would have been in the finals, being a vet and did the 2002 salt lake Olympics including men's final. 

Edited by Jaimito
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

My gosh that Jon Cooper is a whiney baby

Deal with it dude, you lost

Hope Colorado destroys them later

Initially I thought so too, but I think the way he said it, it was deliberate to move attention away from the team on the off day.

Rather than the media asking how can you blow a 2-1 lead in the third at home and go down 3-1 in series, playing so awful in 3rd and OT, etc, the entire media is taking about how the goal should not count etc.  It was a veteran move by Cooper. He immediately said the next day it's water under the bridge. A TB player also said it's fine and time to move on. 

It might not be a game 7, But it's an elimination game for them. Expect vasi to be out of the world. Tampa should win. 

Mac winning though would be yet another thing that can be rubbed in mcdivers face, So it's a win for me either way lmao