The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canadiens trade Shea Weber to Golden Knights for Evgenii Dadonov

7 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

I mean. He was asked why the team was having trouble finding a trade for him and he responded “my contract sucks”. In context he was right.  It didn’t suck for him. But it certainly lowered his value. 

He also wanted to be traded because he didn't start the outdoor game. Bitch move.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, JoshuaGuy said:

He also wanted to be traded because he didn't start the outdoor game. Bitch move.

Goalies are weird.  Roy essentially quit the Canadiens because he was left in for too many goals against in 1 game.  Also a bitch move. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, JoshuaGuy said:

That was not a bitch move.

Luongo was one of the best goaltenders in the game but they decided to go with the actual b!tch instead.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Goalies are weird.  Roy essentially quit the Canadiens because he was left in for too many goals against in 1 game.  Also a bitch move. 

…and went on to win a couple more Cups.

Edited by Me_
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Me_ said:

…and went on to win a coupe more Cups.

Not sure what that has to do with the fact that he had a huge ego and overreacted to being left in too long in one game.  He’s an all time great but he’s also a bit of a headcase. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Me_ said:

That was not a bitch move.

Luongo was one of the best goaltenders in the game but they decided to go with the actual b!tch instead.

Hey I'm not defending Tortorella here don't get me wrong lol

33 minutes ago, Me_ said:

$35,000,000 in cap space for 2023.

Miller is going to cost a lot but come on…

How many player will we need to sign with that? 

35 isn’t a lot when your talking Bo miller and brock

podz entry  level done to. 

then do you go with the short term mentality that Jb loved and look like a dear in the headlights when EP  expire. 

• Vintage 1

33 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Not sure what that has to do with the fact that he had a huge ego and overreacted to being left in too long in one game.  He’s an all time great but he’s also a bit of a headcase. 

Mario Tremblay’s ego was the problem; not Roy’s.

Edited by Me_

6 minutes ago, combover said:

How many player will we need to sign with that? 

35 isn’t a lot when your talking Bo miller and brock

podz entry  level done to. 

then do you go with the short term mentality that Jb loved and look like a dear in the headlights when EP  expire. 

Ok let me guess.

In 2027, the Canucks will have $84,500,000 in cap space with zero players signed.

…and you’re gonna tell me that’s not enough.

Got it.

15 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Ok let me guess.

In 2027, the Canucks will have $84,500,000 in cap space with zero players signed.

…and you’re gonna tell me that’s not enough.

Got it.

It'll never match our 1969 cap efficiency. 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  Luongo screwed us over.  His name should be in their with Messier for big loser.  

Really.

He was arguably the greatest goalie in Canuck history and backstopped us to a game 7 Stanley Cup final yet you compare him to Messier?

If anyone got screwed over it was him when Torts embarrassed him at that outdoor game before he finally wanted out.

If Lui didn’t want that office job, I’m sure he would have gone LTIR. At the end of the day, it’s his life and what he wants. He didn’t owe us anything. 

If you want to blame people. Blame that idiot coach and mostly blame that idiot commissioner that changed the rules after that contract was signed and approved by the league.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, qwijibo said:

Key difference is Luongo was healthy enough to play but didnt want to go through the rigours of training to get ready for the season and playing it out.  Weber is done.  He won’t be back on the ice 

He was up there in age and don’t pretend to know his health status. He didn’t owe anyone anything. He was free to retire whenever he wanted.

7 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

He was up there in age and don’t pretend to know his health status. He didn’t owe anyone anything. He was free to retire whenever he wanted.

He issued a statement saying he didn’t want to go through the rigours of playing.  And I have no problem with his decision to retire. But people who insist he could have gone on LTIR are ignoring the statement that came right from Luongo. 

Edited by qwijibo

1 minute ago, Me_ said:

You don’t win four Cups without the attitude that goes with it.

Absolutely. All  I was saying was goalies are weird.  This isn’t a new concept. 

and to be clear. I was a huge Roy fan. But he’s definitely a bit of a head case. 

Edited by qwijibo
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, JoshuaGuy said:

You’re being a bit ignorant.

He came off the Olympics where played well and won his second gold medal. He was great in that tournament, had a good break to come back to Vancouver and was sat out. I was at the game. Every fan was yelling out Luongo’s name. We were pissed at how he was being treated. 

The bitch move was made by Torts and he is on the record later saying how that was a mistake.

Edited by grandmaster

4 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

He issued a statement saying he didn’t want to go through the rigours of playing.  And I have no problem with his decision to retire. But people who insist he could have gone on LTIR are ignoring the statement that came right from Luongo. 

• Like 1