The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Lekkerimäki | RW

Fanuck

10 minutes ago, Comeback_Kings said:

Also thought Edvinsson had a very poor game last night, big kid, but no big deal. 

Edvinson has a lot of Broberg in him.  Big guys with lots of physical gifts but process the game very slow.  

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Comeback_Kings said:

Lekkerimaki created the best scoring opportunity for Sweden in the first period last night.  His line-mate takes a penalty and then he doesn't get any icetime for the rest of the period.  The Swedish team is not well coached, they needed goals and should have played our kid a lot more.  

Yip. Reminds me of when they kept playing Silver Medal over Petey. 

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Comeback_Kings said:

Lekkerimaki created the best scoring opportunity for Sweden in the first period last night.  His line-mate takes a penalty and then he doesn't get any icetime for the rest of the period.  The Swedish team is not well coached, they needed goals and should have played our kid a lot more.  

Yeah i saw that. He had a good shot on net with a juicy rebound and his teammate had an open net but whiffed on it. 

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Edvinson has a lot of Broberg in him.  Big guys with lots of physical gifts but process the game very slow.  

Have you noticed Helge Grans at all Alf?  Really interested in this kid as I think the Nucks could pick him up.  The

Kings are still in the market for a 2nd line RW.  Hint hint.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Have you noticed Helge Grans at all Alf?  Really interested in this kid as I think the Nucks could pick him up.  The

Kings are still in the market for a 2nd line RW.  Hint hint.

Well, he has 1 more assist (2) than JL (1) in 3 games played and is a plus 3 to JL's zero

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Well, he has 1 more assist (2) than JL (1) in 3 games played and is a plus 3 to JL's zero

Well, he is known to be an offensive dman, so that doesn't surprise me.  Have you noticed his defensive game at

all?  He's got good size and is a very good skater, so he may be good in his own end as well.

Don't forget that JL just turned 18yrs not even a month ago.  Grans is 20 now. 

16 minutes ago, HighOnHockey said:

Ohgren and Lekkerimaki played more ice time last night than Rosen, Lysell, Torgersson, Stjernborg, among others.

That’s cause Lysell is a puck hog that tries to do everything on his own.

He reminds me of Ehlers but without the ability to beat guys or make plays.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

That’s cause Lysell is a puck hog that tries to do everything on his own.

He reminds me of Ehlers but without the ability to beat guys or make plays.

Lol, your contempt of Lysell is duly noted, but apparently you're really bad at logic. I mentioned a handful of players JL and Ohgren played more than. You talked about one of those players as an explanation for why they played more than all of the players mentioned?

• Cheers 1

59 minutes ago, HighOnHockey said:

Yeah! I mean points are fun and all, but I find it almost more exciting to see that he's earning the trust of the coaching staff over 19 and 20 year olds who were also 1st and 2nd round picks. Granted, it was just Germany, but if they continue to roll against tougher competition that would bode really well.

I'm with you on this. Many believe that points are the be all to end all.

2 hours ago, HighOnHockey said:

Lol, your contempt of Lysell is duly noted, but apparently you're really bad at logic. I mentioned a handful of players JL and Ohgren played more than. You talked about one of those players as an explanation for why they played more than all of the players mentioned?

I’m telling you why he played more than Lysell.

He plays a responsible two way game, Lysell does not. How is that logic hard to follow?

• Cheers 1