The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Curtis Lazar | #20 | C/RW

-AJ-

• -AJ- changed the title to Curtis Lazar | #20 | C/RW
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Muttley said:

Listen to the homer broadcast crew spin their homer narrative on this scrap. He didn't lose by much and was making a comeback. :P

Yeah those Neanderthal Announcers are just over the top biased; they also contributed to the 2011 media crap on the Canucks with their BS.

Additionally, the one linesman was only holding Lazar; course the Bruin got the upperhand; it would have been a different fight if Lazar was able to use both hands.

When their tubby, over-aged, ignorant goalie (KKK-er) tried to get into a debate with the much more cerebral Roberto Luongo, that other media slime-ball Ron 'Crotch Watcher' MacLean jumped in on all that stuff, including the Luongo pumping tires media misrepresentation of what Roberto actually said.

It was a Schmitt Show rigged from the start, with taking our toughest defenceman out for an unprecedented 4 game suspension in the Stanley Cup Final for a hit that Boston would have got away with all day long.  Greg Campbell got his bell rung and his (ex-Canuck) dad was the VP of the league and he and Buttman were in crooked heaven with the whole cheating fiasco.

You got me all worked up Mutt.  Grrr.   Grrrrrrr.

• Cheers 2

7 hours ago, Muttley said:

Listen to the homer broadcast crew spin their homer narrative on this scrap. He didn't lose by much and was making a comeback. :P

so funny, Wagner could almost be a 3rd man in and definitely an instigator 

Lazar is jumped from behind and held by the linesman at the beginning

and the dude says, "Beat the tar out of him"

Boston really does have the best/worst homers in the biz

I actually wouldn't mind seeing that scrap

On 7/13/2022 at 1:08 PM, -AJ- said:

- Most frequent hitter of all of Boston's forwards

- Blocked more shots than any other Bruin forward last year

I was going to point out these two things as being quite impressive, given what I had assumed was low ice time. Then I went to see the stats for myself.

Sure enough, his ice time was at the bottom. And 186 hits. That's noticeably more than the 2nd place Foligno at 164. Extremely impressive.
But according to my data source, he was 7th in blocking shots.

Looking forward to his contributions.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, kloubek said:

I was going to point out these two things as being quite impressive, given what I had assumed was low ice time. Then I went to see the stats for myself.

Sure enough, his ice time was at the bottom. And 186 hits. That's noticeably more than the 2nd place Foligno at 164. Extremely impressive.
But according to my data source, he was 7th in blocking shots.

Looking forward to his contributions.

7th on the team in blocked shots, but 1st of all Bruins forwards, like I said.

Usually, both hits and blocks are pretty highly correlated with poor possession numbers, which is why it is good to look at a more complete picture when assessing stats, but Lazar's possession metrics are still pretty solid. There's no doubt his competition level wasn't overly impressive, given his minutes, but it does seem like he played pretty well as a 4th line guy last year.

That said, I said similar things of Dickinson from his last year in Dallas and for whatever reason, his play completely evaporated when he arrived in Vancouver, so we can only hope the same doesn't happen to Lazar.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, -AJ- said:

7th on the team in blocked shots, but 1st of all Bruins forwards, like I said.

Usually, both hits and blocks are pretty highly correlated with poor possession numbers, which is why it is good to look at a more complete picture when assessing stats, but Lazar's possession metrics are still pretty solid. There's no doubt his competition level wasn't overly impressive, given his minutes, but it does seem like he played pretty well as a 4th line guy last year.

That said, I said similar things of Dickinson from his last year in Dallas and for whatever reason, his play completely evaporated when he arrived in Vancouver, so we can only hope the same doesn't happen to Lazar.

Sorry - I missed the "forwards" part. That makes sense, as defensemen usually have more blocked shots for obvious reasons.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, lmm said:

so funny, Wagner could almost be a 3rd man in and definitely an instigator 

Lazar is jumped from behind and held by the linesman at the beginning

and the dude says, "Beat the tar out of him"

Boston really does have the best/worst homers in the biz

I actually wouldn't mind seeing that scrap

Yeah, pretty sure we'd see a different decision in a rematch; especially one without the ring ref holding one guy's arm.

Lazar was a 1st round pick, projected to be a top 6 player.  I admire these guys that have the gumption to

overhaul their game once they realize they don't have enough skill to reach their teenage goal.  I think he

improves the bottom 6 significantly, while his speed, physicality and PK will make him a fan favourite.

https://thehockeywriters.com/canucks-lazar-fills-multiple-team-needs/

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2022 at 3:48 PM, Goal:thecup said:

Yeah those Neanderthal Announcers are just over the top biased; they also contributed to the 2011 media crap on the Canucks with their BS.

Additionally, the one linesman was only holding Lazar; course the Bruin got the upperhand; it would have been a different fight if Lazar was able to use both hands.

When their tubby, over-aged, ignorant goalie (KKK-er) tried to get into a debate with the much more cerebral Roberto Luongo, that other media slime-ball Ron 'Crotch Watcher' MacLean jumped in on all that stuff, including the Luongo pumping tires media misrepresentation of what Roberto actually said.

It was a Schmitt Show rigged from the start, with taking our toughest defenceman out for an unprecedented 4 game suspension in the Stanley Cup Final for a hit that Boston would have got away with all day long.  Greg Campbell got his bell rung and his (ex-Canuck) dad was the VP of the league and he and Buttman were in crooked heaven with the whole cheating fiasco.

You got me all worked up Mutt.  Grrr.   Grrrrrrr.

I agree with you...Jack Edwards is about the biggest goof this side of Ron MacLean.  But by Greg Campbell, I am assuming you mean Nathan Horton?  Regardless of which of the Bruin was stretchered off the ice, four games for Rome was outrageous and simply showed Jeremy Jacobs carried a bazooka to Aquilini's slingshot with the Board of Governors to whom Bettman reports to. 

Edit: Forgot this was the Curtis Lazar thread.  Love the signing (term and money).  Definitely upgrade from Lammikko and Dickinson.  Lazar will probably end up the third line centre if they put Petey or Miller on the wing. 

Edited by bigbadcanucks
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

Thanks bbc, getting on here, and once I've had a couple I mix up the old rants etc.

I too love the Lazar signing; in fact I like all the new guys, even back to Dermot(sp?).

Curtis is definitely bringing some of the thing we've been missing for far too long.

Cheers!

That entire Bruins team was easy to despise.  Even Bergeron and Krejci were easy to hate.  Despicable characters...all of them.  Personally, I don't know where to start and where to end when it comes to my hate and rant towards that team.  Was actually a little happy when Julien had his health issue and had to take some time off.  Hate anyone associated with that team.  Even Cam Neely. 10+ years later, I don't hate the Bruins as much, though I still hate Marchand, Seguin, Lucic and the likes and wish monkey pox upon them.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty neat to see them back in Jr's. 

Lazar was the captain, playing with McDavid.  JV, nurse, domi, Theodore. 

https://www.tsn.ca/2015-world-junior-roster-canada-1.164586

Igor Shesterkin got pulled in less than 4 mins in. Goldy was in it too. 

https://www.tsn.ca/2015-world-junior-roster-russia-1.167896

Edited by Jaimito

If I read correctly that's, Lazar, BoHo, Dickinson, Poolman, Motte, Bailey, Petan, Martin, Bowey, Subban and Shinkaruk....all from the same draft class, plus a few others from our own draft that never made it.  Just me or is that a lot of guys from the same class going through one organization at one point or......?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...