The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) 'Nucks & Sabs

Went back a few pages, but didn't see any proposals with our expansion cousins. Would say they have a fairly hard time attracting vet talent. They'd prob appreciate a guy like Garland, locked in to a digestible AAV. Also, they seem to have a reasonable number of skaters with size. Perhaps they could afford to part with 1 strong, younger fwd-piece, for a feisty lil' waterbug like CG?

Obviously the opening cap space would be a smooth bonus for Van. Buff have a load of cap(19 mill-ish), although they will have talent to sign in coming off-seasons.

Van: Garland

Buff: pick 1..Cozens, Quinn, Krebs

I'd appreciate poster-insight on these young Buff assets. With no exposure to jr tilts, have seen very little of the three.

Which of their guys would fit our roster the best? Should they perhaps add a 2023 2nd(they have 3 2nd's next June)?

Edited by Nuxfanabroad
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Went back a few pages, but didn't see any proposals with our expansion cousins. Would say they have a fairly hard time attracting vet talent. They'd prob appreciate a guy like Garland, locked in to a digestible AAV. Also, they seem to have a reasonable number of skaters with size. Perhaps they could afford to part with 1 strong, younger fwd-piece, for a feisty lil' waterbug like CG?

Obviously the opening cap space would be a smooth bonus for Van. Buff have a load of cap(19 mill-ish), although they will have talent to sign in coming off-seasons.

Van: Garland

Buff: pick 1..Cozens, Quinn, Krebs

I'd appreciate poster-insight on these young Buff assets. With no exposure to jr tilts, have seen very little of the three.

Which of their guys would fit our roster the best? Should they perhaps add a 2023 2nd(they have 3 2nd's next June)?

You will not get to young players like Kreb and Cozen for Garland..

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Are all 3 of these kids that amazing? Personally feel CG is a pretty impressive player.

Yeah, they are.  2 of them are already playing in the NHL at 20yrs.  Quinn is the best on their farm team and will

probably be in the NHL in the coming season.  All the heartbreak losing over the past 10 yrs is paying off now.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, wildcam said:

You will not get to young players like Kreb and Cozen for Garland..

Appears they're amassing a nice collection of top, young assets. Are they in 'the tank' for 1 more yr, or is it possible they might try to turn the corner/compete harder?

Jack Quinn is already over a point per game in the AHL at age 20.  I think he will be a 1st line RW.  Cozens is a legit 2C and could be a 1C.  Krebs is the worst of the bunch.  He's meh in my opinion.  Could be a good 2nd line LW.  I'd rather try and get a Dman for Garland...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Jack Quinn is already over a point per game in the AHL at age 20.  I think he will be a 1st line RW.  Cozens is a legit 2C and could be a 1C.  Krebs is the worst of the bunch.  He's meh in my opinion.  Could be a good 2nd line LW.  I'd rather try and get a Dman for Garland...

Okay..let's say CG for Krebs, for sake of arg - now we've opened up 4 million $mackers of cap.

Then say a modest Miller return. Mid to late 1st & young, ELC D-man.

Well, presumably then we could throw a 7 mill/ 5, 6? yr offer at Klingberg. Be nice to amble into Sept with all this shyte sorted thru...

Mikheyev - Pettersson - Boeser

Pearson - Bo - Podkolzin

Kuzmenko - JD - Hoglander

Krebs - Lazar - Lockwood

(Maybe claim a grinder-fwd at camp; or make deal with Lost Vegans for Nic Roy?)

Hughes - Klingberg

OEL - Myers

Rathbone - Schenn

Dermott - Burroughs

TD & SM

All cap-kosher..I'd be down for this.

3 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Are all 3 of these kids that amazing? Personally feel CG is a pretty impressive player.

Cozens is a definite no from BUF. Kid looks legit. Quinn has been putting up practically unheard of numbers for his age in AHL. Krebs is the only one maybe they'd consider but I just don't see the impetus for them to want to get older and smaller.

• Thanks 1

Can’t just keep building up wingers hoping they will turn into something else. 
‘Haven’t signed a Right d, traded for a right d or drafted a right D.

Top Right D in organization is probably Myrenburg a fifth rounder with a long way to go. 
If we are going to move assets it needs to be for a potential partner for Quinn or possibly another NHL Centre. 

Edited by DrJockitch

• 2 weeks later...
  • Nuxfanabroad changed the title to (Proposal) 'Nucks & Sabs