To New Jersey:

JT Miller

Travis Dermott

To Vancouver:

Damon Severson

Michael McLeod

Kevin Bahl

Why New Jersey does this?

They have a glut of RHD now and cannot play all of them in their top 4.  Hamilton and Marino are signed long term and will be their two top 4 RHD, plus they have Simon Nemec in the wings.  Severson, like Miller, is a UFA next summer so he looks like the odd man out.  Dermott gives them a good option for their 3rd pairing and can play either side.

Why Vancouver does this?

Severson will immediately step into the lineup on the top pairing with Quinn Hughes.  He is a bonafide top 4 Dman, can play 25 minutes a night, can play the 2nd unit PP and is one of the better PK'ers in the league.  He can also put up 45-50 points from the backend, which is another area of need for us.  He is not the perfect partner for Hughes but he will immediately become our best RHD by a mile.  McLeod is as fast as they come.  He will be our new 3C.  Him and Mikheyev will form an unstoppable PK pairing that will bring our PK to the top of the league.  As well, he is one of the best faceoff men in the entire NHL, so he will allow Horvat to focus on scoring and being a 2C.  McLeod hasn't developed his offensive game yet in the NHL and may never live up to his draft ranking.  However, he will add much needed speed and will be our #1 faceoff man as well as be able to make our penalty kill one of the best in the league.  Kevin Bahl is a beast and is a local boy.  He and Rathbone can battle it out for the 3rd pairing LHD role.  We can switch them up depending on the competition.  Bahl hasn't even scratched the surface of his potential in the NHL.  At 6'6" and 230+ pounds he can really help us to get much bigger and meaner on the back end.

There you have it.  This trade takes care of several needs.  A top pairing RHD for Hughes, a 3C who is as fast as they come and is one of the best faceoff men in the NHL, and a 6'6" beast of a Dman who has untapped potential and is also a local boy who would love to come back home.

Flame away...  :)

We should do everything we can to pry McLeod out of Jersey.

He's what you need.

He's what you're looking for.

- Dan, BC Lions

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

To New Jersey:

JT Miller

Travis Dermott

To Vancouver:

Damon Severson

Michael McLeod

Kevin Bahl

Why New Jersey does this?

They have a glut of RHD now and cannot play all of them in their top 4.  Hamilton and Marino are signed long term and will be their two top 4 RHD, plus they have Simon Nemec in the wings.  Severson, like Miller, is a UFA next summer so he looks like the odd man out.  Dermott gives them a good option for their 3rd pairing and can play either side.

Why Vancouver does this?

Severson will immediately step into the lineup on the top pairing with Quinn Hughes.  He is a bonafide top 4 Dman, can play 25 minutes a night, can play the 2nd unit PP and is one of the better PK'ers in the league.  He can also put up 45-50 points from the backend, which is another area of need for us.  He is not the perfect partner for Hughes but he will immediately become our best RHD by a mile.  McLeod is as fast as they come.  He will be our new 3C.  Him and Mikheyev will form an unstoppable PK pairing that will bring our PK to the top of the league.  As well, he is one of the best faceoff men in the entire NHL, so he will allow Horvat to focus on scoring and being a 2C.  McLeod hasn't developed his offensive game yet in the NHL and may never live up to his draft ranking.  However, he will add much needed speed and will be our #1 faceoff man as well as be able to make our penalty kill one of the best in the league.  Kevin Bahl is a beast and is a local boy.  He and Rathbone can battle it out for the 3rd pairing LHD role.  We can switch them up depending on the competition.  Bahl hasn't even scratched the surface of his potential in the NHL.  At 6'6" and 230+ pounds he can really help us to get much bigger and meaner on the back end.

There you have it.  This trade takes care of several needs.  A top pairing RHD for Hughes, a 3C who is as fast as they come and is one of the best faceoff men in the NHL, and a 6'6" beast of a Dman who has untapped potential and is also a local boy who would love to come back home.

Flame away...  :)

My counter proposal 

To CBJ: C JT Miller 

To VAN: C Alexandre Texier, RHD Corson Ceulemans, 2023 1st round pick 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

My counter proposal 

To CBJ: C JT Miller 

To VAN: C Alexandre Texier, RHD Corson Ceulemans, 2023 1st round pick 

A trade with CBJ also crossed my mind. Miller and Gaudreau on a line.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

A trade with CBJ also crossed my mind. Miller and Gaudreau on a line.

Columbus only have 2.7 million left and have Laine to sign at 7.8 million??

I think Miller trade will be with NJ Devils or NYR and maybe  NYI ??

To NJ

JT - playoff leader for a young team.

Pearson (Stanley Cup exp)

Rathbone 

To Van

Sharangovic (offsets JTs goals)

Severson- immediate defensive help.

Bahl - prospect for prospect.

We had a chance of 2OA bit that doesn't look like it's going to happen in any way shape or form. NJ will keep their draft picks. The longer we wait the more slippery it gets.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

I was fixated on their 1st rounder, but I really like this trade. McLeod and Mikheyev on the 3rd line would be a pain to play against--speed for days. And McLeod might have untapped offensive potential.

If we had a choice between Bahl and Mukhamadullin, I'd choose Mukhamadullin. But Bahl might fit our needs more.

Hughes - Severson would be an amazing 1st pairing. I'd rather trade for Severson than sign Klingberg for sure. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

8 hours ago, Nave said:

I was fixated on their 1st rounder, but I really like this trade. McLeod and Mikheyev on the 3rd line would be a pain to play against--speed for days. And McLeod might have untapped offensive potential.

If we had a choice between Bahl and Mukhamadullin, I'd choose Mukhamadullin. But Bahl might fit our needs more.

Hughes - Severson would be an amazing 1st pairing. I'd rather trade for Severson than sign Klingberg for sure. 

Sure if Severson provided at least adequate play in his own end. 

Myers = Severson as far as quality.  

He would not become our best RHD by a mile. 

Don't mind the proposal... I think we are giving up way too much value though, I would make New Jersey take on Ferland's LTIR contract too, to even things out a bit. 

5 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Don't mind the proposal... I think we are giving up way too much value though, I would make New Jersey take on Ferland's LTIR contract too, to even things out a bit. 

Or Dickinson 

6 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Severson is better than Myers. He's younger, way better at carrying the puck, has a better shot, and the Devils had the 14th ranked PK largely because of him. Where was the Canucks' PK ranked? Oh yeah, 30th. 

• Like 1

On 7/17/2022 at 9:13 PM, wildcam said:

Columbus only have 2.7 million left and have Laine to sign at 7.8 million??

I think Miller trade will be with NJ Devils or NYR and maybe  NYI ??

I think Van can make it work with retained salary bury Dickinson, Poolman and Ferland on LTIR.

Maybe ship Rathbone or Hoglander attached to Garland or Pearson in a separate move.

• Cheers 1

On 7/17/2022 at 11:03 PM, Hairy Kneel said:

To NJ

JT - playoff leader for a young team.

Pearson (Stanley Cup exp)

Rathbone 

To Van

Sharangovic (offsets JTs goals)

Severson- immediate defensive help.

Bahl - prospect for prospect.

We had a chance of 2OA bit that doesn't look like it's going to happen in any way shape or form. NJ will keep their draft picks. The longer we wait the more slippery it gets.

Sharangovic 24, 6'2 Gp 76--G 24 - 46 PTS - I like this player lots of upside 1 yr @ 2 million RFA next summer.

Severson 27, 6'2, RD,  - Very good player #2 D man for sure can play 21-25 mins would be great with Hughes..

Bahl 21 -6'6 LD-- could be #5 guy soon..

Giving up Rathbone I would want 3rd rounder added 2023

Really feel Rathbone will have a  break out season..Future # 3 D man for sure , great skating and offensive talent..Has some grit ..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Sharangovic 24, 6'2 Gp 76--G 24 - 46 PTS - I like this player lots of upside 1 yr @ 2 million RFA next summer.

Severson 27, 6'2, RD,  - Very good player #2 D man for sure can play 21-25 mins would be great with Hughes..

Bahl 21 -6'6 LD-- could be #5 guy soon..

Giving up Rathbone I would want 3rd rounder added 2023

Really feel Rathbone will have a  break out season..Future # 3 D man for sure , great skating and offensive talent..Has some grit ..

Yup.  Miller + Bone for Severson + Sharangovic + Bahl is a great trade for us.  No third rounder (from them) needed. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  Miller + Bone for Severson + Sharangovic + Bahl is a great trade for us.  No third rounder (from them) needed. 

I really don't think NJ is parting with draft picks very easily. Otherwise the 2OA would have been in play.