The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2022 - 23

Mike Vanderhoek

I personally took a step back from the spreadsheet update subject because I don't know how or want to learn how to update sheets.

Other executives that aren't going to fill the role of updating sheets have taken a step back as well on the subject.

Personally, I don't really care who does the sheets as long as they get done.

I know that some other members may have stronger opinions on the subject but I think that it's a matter that needs to be discussed between the members who are actually willing and capable of doing sheets.

I really don't want to speak on the behalf of any other members so I don't even want to take on the responsibility of trying to explain what the hold-up is about. Honestly, I barely look at the sheets at this time of year because I only need to consider my own team sheets and I have a firm understanding of where we sit in accordance with the salary cap but I understand why managers who are dependant on the sheets right now are frustrated.

As a member who doesn't need the sheets right now and isn't using the sheets right now I don't think that it should fall on me to decide who needs to do what or when. 

I remain as devoted to this league as I ever have and I am always happy to participate and help in anyway I can; sheets not being one of them.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Gator said:

I have offered to do updates but haven't gotten a reply.. I'm too invested into this league to let it die :unsure:

I should also add that the exec group basically gave the boot to 1 of our most active GMs that has always shown his drive to keep this league lively in @Rush17.. I mean, I am just very confused as to why that happened, and now even more so with how inactive this "big group of execs" are. I'm hoping things change, but damn, this feels like it's in major down fall

It's going to take weeks just for yall to get these sheets in order

Wake Up Win GIF by INTO ACTION

Nobody gave Rush the boot. He was in fact actively encouraged to remain. He chose to leave. He also never updated sheets to my knowledge.

Edited by aGENT

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Nobody gave Rush the boot. He was in fact actively encouraged to remain. He chose to leave. He also never updated sheets to my knowledge.

He didn't choose to leave the league, he chose to leave CBJ. He just wanted 1 of the 4 vacancies and the Execs wouldn't allow it

Just now, aGENT said:

Nobody gave Rush the boot. He was in fact actively encouraged to remain. He chose to leave.

True. No arguments here as I asked him on numerous occasions take back his old team.

He could have.

However, he was made aware that he would be able to take on a new team that was available.

On the other hand, Rush scorched-earth his team to the point where it was unviable and then wanted a new team to build with.

I don’t think that’s fair to an incoming GM. That’s not playing ‘fair’.

All that said, I respect and consider Rush a great GM, person and friend.

Rush could have been part of this League. He just didn’t want to be based on continuing being the GM of his former team. 

We need to leave the drama behind us. We need our Execs to lead. We need to support OUR League and do what’s best for all of us. 

Step up buttercups and let’s go! 

We’re so far behind where we normally are.

Please sort all the crap out. If William and Harry can do it, so can you. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Gator said:

He didn't choose to leave the league, he chose to leave CBJ. He just wanted 1 of the 4 vacancies and the Execs wouldn't allow it

That isn't remotely accurate and I'm not rehashing it again here. Everyone was informed of what he decided, all on his own, back in last year's thread. Feel free to give it another read.

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

That isn't remotely accurate and I'm not rehashing it again here. Everyone was informed of what he decided, all on his own, back in last year's thread. Feel free to give it another read.

I ain't going to argue about it, but I know what happened. I watched the whole thing unfold.

Edit.. Maybe there's more to it that im unaware of, but to say it's not "remotely close" is a straight up lie or you just know nothing about it

Edited by Gator

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

The arguments going on right now are because the League is stalled and not moving forward. 

Let’s not bring our friend Rush into all of this. I would welcome him back with open arms if he chose to came back. 

Let’s move forward brothers. 

Sorry Discovery Channel GIF by Discovery

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

All good. I think we’re just frustrated and looking for something to argue about. 

When the fuck did we become the level headed ones?? 

:lol:

I'm just glad there's some damn dialog happening now :lol:

Less than a month away! :towel:

• Cheers 1