The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2022 - 23

Mike Vanderhoek

7 hours ago, Devron said:

Personally the sheets are my favourite part of this league. I like to look at them. I’m bugged when mine are not updated (my perfectionism kicking in) not a shot at anyone. 

I would like to get more involved in the league, maybe sheets could be my thing. BUT I need time to figure out a few things here. My life is Finally getting back to a routine. It’s been a mess with a separation and 2 little ones. Finally getting into a schedule etc. 

I assume the best way to do this is via an actual computer. Im working on cleaning mine up. Once that’s done I’d like to learn the ropes. Give me a month or two and I can be the Sheet Guy! Let me know what you guys think. In the meantime updates would be welcomed.

Don't get me wrong, I love the sheets too. It's just this time of year.

• Cheers 3

On 9/13/2022 at 9:17 AM, Gator said:

I have offered to do updates but haven't gotten a reply.. I'm too invested into this league to let it die :unsure:

I should also add that the exec group basically gave the boot to 1 of our most active GMs that has always shown his drive to keep this league lively in @Rush17.. I mean, I am just very confused as to why that happened, and now even more so with how inactive this "big group of execs" are. I'm hoping things change, but damn, this feels like it's in major down fall

It's going to take weeks just for yall to get these sheets in order

Wake Up Win GIF by INTO ACTION

Rush was never given the boot. He resigned 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Because @Ilunga outbid me for his services :(.

Nice signing by the Red Wings.

Good to see you back my friend.

Was a little concerned about you as well.

You don't usually take that long a break from our league. 

You signed the other player I was trying for, Anton Levtchi.

61 points in 55 games last year in Liiga. 

Really good pick up for your Devil's.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Many people have been away during the dog days of summer and others have had family commitments.

There is literally 1 thats right 1 trade call pm and that is not even a valid trade so it is very quiet in the league absolutely. I imagine things will pick up as we near the season.

In terms of updating sheets, other than not a glut of signings and roster tinkering there is again not much to update by the time the season starts.

I would ask you @canuck2xtreme to refrain from any updating of sheets. 

The league won't die or fizzle or be left unattended, GMs can expect things to pickup leading up to the season.

Thanks guys

I would have hoped that anyone who has the ability and know-how to update the sheets would be welcome to do so.  

It’s not like they’re being updated by anyone right now unfortunately. 

More hands make the load lighter right? 

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

I would have hoped that anyone who has the ability and know-how to update the sheets would be welcome to do so.  

It’s not like they’re being updated by anyone right now unfortunately. 

More hands make the load lighter right? 

Not when they're done outside of normal procedure, and the guys normally doing it have no idea what has/hasn't been updated/ where to start. It's one of the reasons (beyond it being summer, people busy, family issues etc) that updates have been delayed in fact.