Canucks Community

Reverse Retro 2.0 Leak?

Rate this topic

6 hours ago, The.Burrowers said:

What is all over the place about it?

Since 2008...

http://www.nhluniforms.com/Canucks/Canucks18.html

we havent had a home or 3rd jersey that wasn't blue

As someone who has owned a blue jersey since 2008...why would i buy another one?

Both reverse retro jerseys are the same blue color.... why can't they come up wtih something different.... more original?

and no, i'm not talking about re-hasing jerseys from the past that i consider to be ugly.

So why would they be jealous of the sea of red? Why do multiple other iterations of jerseys inexplicably not count? What colour would it be if not blue and green? You're arguing for multiple different things here, do you want them to just adopt yet another brand new colour scheme entirely out of left field?

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, LionofJudah said:

He also has Tampa at 6 and Calgary at 1... they are some of the worst. That said, I've seen a number of lists with nux up in top 10-15. It's not as horrible as some are making it out but it's not nice either. 

Jerseys are all perspective though, everyone is going to have widely different views of what they think is great and what they think is horrendous. 

Tampa’s is dope af 

2 hours ago, LionofJudah said:

My second point proven in 4 words.

I personally think it's God awful. To each their own. 

Very true. What bothers me though is when people get caught up in hype/nostalgia and don’t actually care about the design. For example there are a lot of people clamouring for a return to the skate full time, but most of them are only doing it because it’s trendy. If they really did make the switch, within a couple years they’d hype up something else and want the team to switch to that.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, klw604 said:

Jerseys are all preference, who cares

If you like it, buy it

If you dislike it, don't buy it

Sagely words. 

If the Canucks score more goals than their opponent, they win. If they don't, they lose. No point discussing it. Shut the forums down fellas.

21 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Winning sells.  Will see how it goes by the time they wear them. 

The amateurish look is actually being authentic to the orginal, which was amateurish.  So that doesn't bother me, since they are just marketing them as retro. The original colors were terrible, real cartoonish.  The new retro actually looks better. 

beacc20d50c9c07c2b496e642ef81783.jpg

s-l400.jpg

s-l300.jpg

20221020_192715.jpg

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/new-canucks-reverse-retro-jersey-johnny-canuck

canucks-reverse-retro-1.jpg

canucks-reverse-retro-jersey.jpg

canucks-reverse-retro-2.jpg

canucks-reverse-retro-4.jpg

canucks-reverse-retro-6.jpg

Looks way better in these photos.  Great gordie this thing is growing on me.  

• Cheers 1

22 hours ago, Jaimito said:

CBS Sports ranks it very high.

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/nhl-reverse-retro-jerseys-ranking-each-teams-newest-look-for-their-2022-23-season-alternate-sweaters/

TSN's YouTube page ranks it at #1. 

https://youtu.be/MGBl_Peq-60

21 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

so we are wearing our ahl affliate jersey?

Actually, our AHL affiliate is wearing a longtime Vancouver-based logo.

20220726_195627.jpg

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, IRR said:

Unfortunately when the media / some fans want to be constantly & consistently toxic & negative, prob not! Seems to be the norm these days…unreal expectations & negativity. 

I mean I don't think it's un realistic to want the team to have a better start than they have had. I also don't think it's unrealistic to want the team to put out a decent reverse retro. 

One thing I will say though is the nucks have done some great other jersys recently. The Chinese new year, Diwali, Pride, Every child matters. All great so theres a positive but this one is bad and the fans resoundingly told them it was bad months ago. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I mean I don't think it's un realistic to want the team to have a better start than they have had. I also don't think it's unrealistic to want the team to put out a decent reverse retro. 

One thing I will say though is the nucks have done some great other jersys recently. The Chinese new year, Diwali, Pride, Every child matters. All great so theres a positive but this one is bad and the fans resoundingly told them it was bad months ago. 

For sure…agreed, but it’s just the overall attitude and it seems like a lose lose situation sometimes. Some are never happy if that makes sense. 

7 hours ago, hammertime said:

dont undersand the hate for johnny canuck ... been a very long time coming. i cant really figure it out. very curious to me some of the gaudy preferences people prefer for some reason or other. a halloween sir on d & d was given such a high regard. i coukldnt imagine looking at that for any extended period of time. these 'Chinese new year, Diwali, Pride, Every child matters,' while canvassing, catering, soliciting to meet the new social needs, demands, that are infiltrating all walks of society, certainly are not something i would want to see either. im not sure if it is the agenda of blending everything into the inclusivity of  diversification or jsut caving to the trend, or, call to stomp on so-called male toxicity (its a lot weirder world these days) but, come on... would you really want the team to wear any of those jerseys? anyway, compared to most if not all of the other (bustaroo) rr jerseys, i am very happy with the design of the canooks jersey and look forward to seeing the team donning johnny canuck for the first time in the nhl in november. i'll just add, the team looks to be coming around and it should be a great effn year. as far as im concerned, the exhibition season is just ending ... 

• Upvote 1

On 7/24/2022 at 3:29 AM, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

The flying V is by far the ugliest logo in sports history. 

Were you around back then?  That team for sure had an identity at least,  was tough as nails.    Johnny Canuck is worse and so was the first Orca uniforms anyways.    And that's just our team!    So worst in sports history is a little dramatic.     Canucks were wearing black, two decades before the entire league went on a black kick in the late 90's early 2000's.    Dallas vs Buffalo (and heck even they had the Buffoslug - that was a funny mistake!, and one of the most iconic expansion teams, NYI had the tragic cartoon fisherman's friend one lol...  The V worked just like the Skate.    Bet you'd have a lot of folks who watched 82 and the Smyl era not mind at all seeing that one played in actual games.  

Dallas vs Buffalo was hard to tell who was who on the ice lol...no high definition yet.   Just a bunch of black or almost black guys skating around lol.   Wasn't the only teams back then that were tough to follow.   Their home, light jerseys were tough to follow. 

Logos are part of the package.   And as far as uniforms go the flying V wasn't so bad.   At least you knew Butcher, Snepsts, Fraser, Neely, Delorme, Smyl- or whomever, wasn't doing a fly-by after a dirty or hard hit.    CAL, EDM and even LA at times made it awfully hard to compete in that division...be like having TB and COL in our division, but even better for a decade lol.  

To me the purple WCE era ones were the worst we've ever had.   Simply terrible.   Got a tiny bit better, then a lot better once they went back to something like our original colours.    A lot of folks still aren't fond of the Orca, a lot of other folks like me have just accepted it (but it also took a decade plus to get there).  

None of our logos ranked in the top 50 all-time hockey uniforms by a group of famous graphic designers hired to rank them in THN's book about five years ago ... this did include junior, AHL and international ones though .....they ranked ours as well, the SIR got top marks, then the skate, then the V then the Orca lol - both the V and the Orca were picked apart for their failures.   SIR and Skate were close to making the cut (top 50).  

Only BC one that impressed, was the World Cup Champs - Trail Smoke Eaters, Ferraro's stomping grounds.   Top ten actually, around 8.   Johnny Canuck wasn't mentioned.  

Sweden i think was 3.  One of SJ's number one.   Detroit and CHI also in the top ten.   As far as the worst uniforms NHL only, i'm sure that the V is one that comes to mind ... the hot mustard ones lol they were something!    WCE constipated Orca were simply awful.   A total mess.   Not easy to see who was who, blended too much, terrible use of contrast and negative space.   And why the purple!   Feel bad for the players ... they sure would have looked better ... and maybe the Messier stink is attached to this too.  Linden sure didn't look right in them.   A very close third was the red one that they did the sprite uniforms last time with.   Just gross.

Not sure why the Canucks messed with a good thing.   Miller, Horvat ... heck even QHs looked like a total boss wearing the black skate ... and that wasn't even the best skate, that was the home whites.    At least PHI (one of the most iconic jerseys), who also did something blasphemic to theirs - cooperalls, we're smart enough to revert.   Same with NYI... 

Edit: Don't mind some subtle changes as new cores emerge to a degree.   But why is it, that the Canucks rarely get it right, and the few times they have, they just can't help themselves and go ahead and ruin it?   The current ones ... aren't that good. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Vintage 1

57 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Were you around back then?  That team for sure had an identity at least,  was tough as nails.    Johnny Canuck is worse and so was the first Orca uniforms anyways.    And that's just our team!    So worst in sports history is a little dramatic.     Canucks were wearing black, two decades before the entire league went on a black kick in the late 90's early 2000's.    Dallas vs Buffalo (and heck even they had the Buffoslug - that was a funny mistake!, and one of the most iconic expansion teams, NYI had the tragic cartoon fisherman's friend one lol...  The V worked just like the Skate.    Bet you'd have a lot of folks who watched 82 and the Smyl era not mind at all seeing that one played in actual games.  

Dallas vs Buffalo was hard to tell who was who on the ice lol...no high definition yet.   Just a bunch of black or almost black guys skating around lol.   Wasn't the only teams back then that were tough to follow.   Their home, light jerseys were tough to follow. 

Logos are part of the package.   And as far as uniforms go the flying V wasn't so bad.   At least you knew Butcher, Snepsts, Fraser, Neely, Delorme, Smyl- or whomever, wasn't doing a fly-by after a dirty or hard hit.    CAL, EDM and even LA at times made it awfully hard to compete in that division...be like having TB and COL in our division, but even better for a decade lol.  

To me the purple WCE era ones were the worst we've ever had.   Simply terrible.   Got a tiny bit better, then a lot better once they went back to something like our original colours.    A lot of folks still aren't fond of the Orca, a lot of other folks like me have just accepted it (but it also took a decade plus to get there).  

None of our logos ranked in the top 50 all-time hockey uniforms by a group of famous graphic designers hired to rank them in THN's book about five years ago ... this did include junior, AHL and international ones though .....they ranked ours as well, the SIR got top marks, then the skate, then the V then the Orca lol - both the V and the Orca were picked apart for their failures.   SIR and Skate were close to making the cut (top 50).  

Only BC one that impressed, was the World Cup Champs - Trail Smoke Eaters, Ferraro's stomping grounds.   Top ten actually, around 8.   Johnny Canuck wasn't mentioned.  

Sweden i think was 3.  One of SJ's number one.   Detroit and CHI also in the top ten.   As far as the worst uniforms NHL only, i'm sure that the V is one that comes to mind ... the hot mustard ones lol they were something!    WCE constipated Orca were simply awful.   A total mess.   Not easy to see who was who, blended too much, terrible use of contrast and negative space.   And why the purple!   Feel bad for the players ... they sure would have looked better ... and maybe the Messier stink is attached to this too.  Linden sure didn't look right in them.   A very close third was the red one that they did the sprite uniforms last time with.   Just gross.

Not sure why the Canucks messed with a good thing.   Miller, Horvat ... heck even QHs looked like a total boss wearing the black skate ... and that wasn't even the best skate, that was the home whites.    At least PHI (one of the most iconic jerseys), who also did something blasphemic to theirs - cooperalls, we're smart enough to revert.   Same with NYI... 

Edit: Don't mind some subtle changes as new cores emerge to a degree.   But why is it, that the Canucks rarely get it right, and the few times they have, they just can't help themselves and go ahead and ruin it?   The current ones ... aren't that good. 

Skate jerseys are the coolest by far... black or white...

• There it is 1