The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023 NHL Entry Draft

Craig Button also has his final list:

https://www.eliteprospects.com/draft-center/2023/tsn-craig-button

He also has Matthew Wood right at 11. Interestingly, he has ASP at 5, Tom Willander at 8, Zach Benson at 14, Nate Danielson at 19 and David Reinbacher at 20. 

His board is quite different than Bob McKenzie’s board. 

So Simashev could be a real great partner for Hronek meaning we need to find another solid defenseman to play alongside Hughes.

looking st the draft rankings I really think the canucks need to walk away with one of these high end defenseman Reinbacher, Simashev, or Wallinder

I’d think in most drafts guys like Simashev and Wallinder would go in the top 5 with their talent.

I think unless Dvorsky slides the centremen left at 11 won’t be as valuable in the long run as the dmen left.

16 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Craig Button also has his final list:

https://www.eliteprospects.com/draft-center/2023/tsn-craig-button

He also has Matthew Wood right at 11. Interestingly, he has ASP at 5, Tom Willander at 8, Zach Benson at 14, Nate Danielson at 19 and David Reinbacher at 20. 

His board is quite different than Bob McKenzie’s board.

Wow Button REALLY likes ASP. I think he's too high at 5. Willander at 8th is also interesting. He really doesn't feel Reinbacher should be the best D this draft, and you know what, he might be right. I just wonder if he's ranked this high because he seems to the most NHL ready. 

That's not the order of his ranking after the top 32 picks is it? Simashev is way past 200 lol

48 minutes ago, canuckwings said:

Wow Button REALLY likes ASP. I think he's too high at 5. Willander at 8th is also interesting. He really doesn't feel Reinbacher should be the best D this draft, and you know what, he might be right. I just wonder if he's ranked this high because he seems to the most NHL ready. 

That's not the order of his ranking after the top 32 picks is it? Simashev is way past 200 lol

Button is really high on ASP.  And he might be right.  He could be the next Cale Makar or Adam Fox.  He doesn't really fit the Canucks right now because we have Hronek, but there might be another team who takes him in the top 10.  He also doesn't have Simashev in his top 32.  He might drop due to the Russian factor.  If that is the case, I can see the Canucks try and move up into the 2nd round.  Or maybe they move down and collect a 2nd round pick that way.  They could trade with Nasville for example and move to 15OA and collect one of their 2nd round picks.  

Edited by Elias Pettersson

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Button is really high on ASP.  And he might be right.  He could be the next Cale Makar or Adam Fox.  He doesn't really fit the Canucks right now because we have Hronek, but there might be another team who takes him in the top 10.  He also doesn't have Simashev in his top 32.  He might drop due to the Russian factor.  If that is the case, I can see the Canucks try and move up into the 2nd round.  Or maybe they move down and collect a 2nd round pick that way.  They could trade with Nasville for example and move to 15OA and collect on of their 2nd round picks.  

Asp doesn’t get past Fetroit. Yzerboy know he stewed the pooch letting us steal his best D man and he needs a replacement. He found out the hard way that SLO Mo is Tyler Myers. Stupid Stevie. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Asp doesn’t get past Fetroit. Yzerboy know he stewed the pooch letting us steal his best D man and he needs a replacement. He found out the hard way that SLO Mo is Tyler Myers. Stupid Stevie. 

I think you are right.  ASP would be the replacement for Hronek.  Detroit doesn't really have any puck moving Dmen on their team...

• Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I still think Yzerman will take a forward at 8th  if someone like Benson or Leonard is there. He can draft his D with his second first round pick at 17th. But we'll see what actually happens. 

13 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think you are right.  ASP would be the replacement for Hronek.  Detroit doesn't really have any puck moving Dmen on their team...

Seider is a pretty good puck mover, great vision, great first pass, just not the ability to skate with blazing speed or use elusive edge work from end to end like Dahlin, Hughes or Makar. However, Seider is an absolute stud. Plays in all situations and dominates the opposition physically. He is a true number 1 in the making.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KirkSave said:

Seider is a pretty good puck mover, great vision, great first pass, just not the ability to skate with blazing speed or use elusive edge work from end to end like Dahlin, Hughes or Makar. However, Seider is an absolute stud. Plays in all situations and dominates the opposition physically. He is a true number 1 in the making.

Seider is exactly like Myers. Same path. The guy is Chaos Giraffe 2.0. He’s a puck sucker and Yzerboy knows it. Detroit will pick ASP. They need a pp qb. SLO Mo is a nothing burger. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, BarnBurner said:

Yeah, packaging Podz and the 11th would be another absolute bone head move. MAJOR PASS! 

LMAO. If packaging 11th + Pod gets you michkov you do it. If I was another team, I would be asking for 11th, Pod, AND the 2024 1st round pick unprotected to move up to say 7th overall. ** assuming michkov is still there 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

To CLB:

Miller

11th Overall Pick

To VAN:

3rd Overall Pick (Carlsson)

Bean or Peeke

Throw in Hoglander or Rathbone as a sweetener if needed. 

i wouldn't throw in Hoglander as any sweetener. Rathbone and Garland sure. Hoglander has too much untapped potential.

friendly reminder, this is your sweetener

2 minutes ago, KirkSave said:

This clip is for you @Alflives

Myers eon the Calder too. Both are puck suckers. Yzerboy had to have a year end presser to apologize for trading away their best D man (who is only 25) and causing their team to collapse. Seider couldn’t play the minutes. That’s exactly why Detroit takes ASP. They need to replace Hronek who the let us steal away on the cheap. 

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Myers eon the Calder too. Both are puck suckers. Yzerboy had to have a year end presser to apologize for trading away their best D man (who is only 25) and causing their team to collapse. Seider couldn’t play the minutes. That’s exactly why Detroit takes ASP. They need to replace Hronek who the let us steal away on the cheap. 

Your homer glasses are clouding your vision. Lol. Seider is the reason they were fine moving on from Hronek. He will be Detroit's QB on the PP to start the season and be that all around D-man every team covets.

• There it is 1

1 minute ago, KirkSave said:

Your homer glasses are clouding your vision. Lol. Seider is the reason they were fine moving on from Hronek. He will be Detroit's QB on the PP to start the season and be that all around D-man every team covets.

Actually you’re 100% wrong. Yzerboy got lured by the potential of the islanders pick being a 2024 unprotected first, which at the time of the Hronek steal was how things looked. Barzal was out and Yzerboy thought he was getting a top five pick next draft., he couldn’t resist. IMHAO we could have had Seider but said NO WAY to Slo Mo and insisted on Hronek. And Yzerboy gave in. He let Alvin take him to the woodshed. And now he’s got to try and fix the mistake he made. So he drafts asp. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Actually you’re 100% wrong. Yzerboy got lured by the potential of the islanders pick being a 2024 unprotected first, which at the time of the Hronek steal was how things looked. Barzal was out and Yzerboy thought he was getting a top five pick next draft., he couldn’t resist. IMHAO we could have had Seider but said NO WAY to Slo Mo and insisted on Hronek. And Yzerboy gave in. He let Alvin take him to the woodshed. And now he’s got to try and fix the mistake he made. So he drafts asp. 

You put Sh!t on Benning Alf, and rightly so.

If we could have got Seider in that trade instead of Hronek that would make current management look like complete imbeciles for turning down that deal.

27 minutes ago, KirkSave said:

Seider had worst stats then Hronek last year.  Seider was a -11 and Hronek was a +9 while with Detroit.  Hronek is also more effective on the PP and has a much better shot.  Seider may be bigger and may be a bit better defensively, but he is in no way in the same class as Dahlin, Makar or Hughes.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Seider had worst stats then Hronek last year.  Seider was a -11 and Hronek was a +9 while with Detroit.  Hronek is also more effective on the PP and has a much better shot.  Seider may be bigger and may be a bit better defensively, but he is in no way in the same class as Dahlin, Makar or Hughes.

Exactly! Seider is in the same class as Chaos Giraffe. Slo Mo is a puck sucker. 
#hateisgood

• Haha 2