The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Flyers re-sign Zack MacEwen

54 minutes ago, tas said:

rick dipietro must be succeeding since he's been collecting a paycheque for like 30 years and will continue to be paid more than macewan for sitting on his couch until the year 2137 or whatever. 

but I was speaking in general terms. measuring success by dollars is gross. 

Money is a pretty common measure of success actually. Rick DiPietro has made over $47,000,000 and is doing some light coaching and some work as an analyst for ESPN, I don't see how you don't call him a success. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Money is a pretty common measure of success actually. Rick DiPietro has made over $47,000,000 and is doing some light coaching and some work as an analyst for ESPN, I don't see how you don't call him a success. 

since when does being common make something good? there are a whole lot of mindless, selfish idiots out there. 

rick dipietro isn't succeeding at being a professional hockey player. he is succeeding at making money, breathing, and not dying.

2 minutes ago, BureBurrito said:

Player Jimbo let go for free

I am certainly no fan of Benning’s,  but most NHL teams have several MacEwan level players in their organization.  Heck, many AHL teams have them too.

The guy didn’t have any trade value.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, tas said:

rick dipietro must be succeeding since he's been collecting a paycheque for like 30 years and will continue to be paid more than macewan for sitting on his couch until the year 2137 or whatever. 

but I was speaking in general terms. measuring success by dollars is gross. 

If you're getting paid millions of dollars, you are succeeding.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Provost said:

He was and still is a fringe player.  Good to cycle through those guys and slot in different versions…. Hoping to find lightning in a bottle with some chemistry.

Macewan brings nothing that Dakota Joshua doesn’t… and Joshua has to played more of a defensive role like we need more of.

I wish him the best of luck, but there will be players as good or better on the waiver wire by the end of training camp.

This is the way we need to look at guys like Lammikko, Highmore, McEwen, etc. There’s a reason they are recycled the way they are. Valuable but expendeable.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, tas said:

... is, as I stated before, the thought process of mindless, selfish idiots. 

Not entirely true. If it is the sole basis, you have a point. If it is part of a factor of success it’s far from mindless as well. 

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Not entirely true. If it is the sole basis, you have a point. If it is part of a factor of success it’s far from mindless as well. 

money plays zero role in any real life success. 

I'm sorry, but there's no point in us arguing about this because my mind will never change. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

That is just factually untrue. i will agree to disagree. 

it's not factually untrue when you fully believe in your soul that money and society are both meaningless trivialities. 

• Haha 1

I liked MacEwen, but as others have mentioned, even though he played more games in Philly, his minutes were extremely limited and Philly wasn't exactly a great team. He's 13th forward on most teams, and Joshua fits that role in probably the exact same way. They are nearly identical players, though Joshua has less experience so far.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I liked MacEwen, but as others have mentioned, even though he played more games in Philly, his minutes were extremely limited and Philly wasn't exactly a great team. He's 13th forward on most teams, and Joshua fits that role in probably the exact same way. They are nearly identical players, though Joshua has less experience so far.

No GIF

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Western Red said:

cool. how was yours when i emulsified it in front of all of cdc?

emuslify isn't a word that can be used that way. you suspended one liquid in my brain in another without forming a solution?