The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022-23 Abbotsford Canucks Thread

4 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Boeser's replacement if we could trade him...and save $5.65 million in Cap space. 

If we can only trade one between Garland and Boeser, I'd rather trade Garland. Hogz or Karlsson could do what Garland does.

Edited by greenbean30

3 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Boeser's replacement if we could trade him...and save $5.65 million in Cap space. 

Second only to Woo in penalty minutes too.  Not a shrinking violet when it comes to the after - whistle scrums.   Another trait Tocchet will appreciate

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

I just hope his (somewhat) improved production translates.

Agreed, he's acclimated well to his level of competion though the last couple seasons...would still have prove it at the NHL level though.

He's faster, feisty(ier), plays the boards and goes to the dirty area's... Tocchets kinda player. 

Beoser has (or had) a better shot but I haven't seen it lately, plays soft (IMO) and around the perimeter. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Googlie said:

Linus isn't speedy like Hogz or Gnarly.   I see Hoglander as a Garland replacement and Karlsson more as a Boeser replacement, but stronger along the boards.  They were both dynamite when they played with Aman as their center for a few games.  That would make a great 3rd line for the big club

I definitely feel like they should both be with the big club next year.

Honestly I felt like Hogz really only struggled with finishing this year, he created so much and was such a hard forechecker before he was sent down.

4 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

I definitely feel like they should both be with the big club next year.

Honestly I felt like Hogz really only struggled with finishing this year, he created so much and was such a hard forechecker before he was sent down.

He lost the trust of Boudreau with some poor defensive coverages, but for sure has tightened that up under Colliton.  I was surprised he wasn't a staple on the PK, like Karlsson is.   I'd have thought Hogz game - tenacity and retrieval - was tailor made for penalty killing

2 minutes ago, Googlie said:

He lost the trust of Boudreau with some poor defensive coverages, but for sure has tightened that up under Colliton.  I was surprised he wasn't a staple on the PK, like Karlsson is.   I'd have thought Hogz game - tenacity and retrieval - was tailor made for penalty killing

the biggest issue with HOgz in Van this year was that he was going to lose his waiver expemtion, that's why he was sent down when he was and why he stayed down

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

I'm a big Karlsson fan--he's probably the 2nd most exciting offensive forward in Abbotsford outside of Hoglander, but he's not a Boeser replacement unless he explodes into the NHL next year. Boeser produces 50-60 points a season. Karlsson does the same...in the AHL. Let's wait till we see him in the NHL before labeling him as ready to take a top 6 spot.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

I'm a big Karlsson fan--he's probably the 2nd most exciting offensive forward in Abbotsford outside of Hoglander, but he's not a Boeser replacement unless he explodes into the NHL next year. Boeser produces 50-60 points a season. Karlsson does the same...in the AHL. Let's wait till we see him in the NHL before labeling him as ready to take a top 6 spot.

Given the same opportunity as Boeser, Karlsson would produce good numbers and get to Boes' level in  fairly short order, imo.........the puck really follows him and ge gets a ton of touches inside the hashmarks.  That will usually mean points, no matter the level

• Upvote 1

Just now, stawns said:

Given the same opportunity as Boeser, Karlsson would produce good numbers and get to Boes' level in  fairly short order, imo.........the puck really follows him and ge gets a ton of touches inside the hashmarks.  That will usually mean points, no matter the level

I'm definitely all for giving him a shot--he's proven that he's on the cusp of NHL-level. I suppose we'll see how he does in the pre-season next year.

1 minute ago, Stierlitz said:

Don't see the Ratu-Klimovich line much in this game 

not too much, AR got some pk time.  They've been hemmed in a bot, bt also had some solid shfts too.  Not surprising, youngest guys on the team, first playoff games etc

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

He's listed as 6'1" and 178 lbs, but about a month ago the intermission piece on him said he was 6' 2" and playing at 195 lbs.  If he could just develop another gear he'd be a prototypical power forward at that height and weight and skill level 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

He's listed as 6'1" and 178 lbs, but about a month ago the intermission piece on him said he was 6' 2" and playing at 195 lbs.  If he could just develop another gear he'd be a prototypical power forward at that height and weight and skill level 

I'd love to see it. He certainly doesn't seem light from when I've seen him in Abby.

He’s gotta be 6’2” 195, he looks big and solid out there. He’s a bull on the puck

• Cheers 2