The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022-23 Abbotsford Canucks Thread

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

I was at tonight's game and I gotta tell you, the Hoglander playing tonight is not the same one as a couple months ago. This guy is absolutely dominant every time he's on the ice. We've got to give him another shot in Vancouver at some point.

I get the feeling that they want to make him into a solid top-6 winger in the NHL and that they're going to develop the heck out of him to make sure he reaches that level.  I don't think they see him as a bottom 6 player, like Podz can be when needed, at all.  Hence the longer time being devoted to his development.

Edited by Captain Canuck #12
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I was at tonight's game and I gotta tell you, the Hoglander playing tonight is not the same one as a couple months ago. This guy is absolutely dominant every time he's on the ice. We've got to give him another shot in Vancouver at some point.

As too was I. Whenever Hoglander was on the ice the puck was his, and it was usually in the Eagles zone. His line dominated whichever line he was matched up against. Martin stood on his head, and it looks like he has his confidence back. The Abby defense plays the man as well as the Canuck defense, hence why Brisbois, Juulsen and Wolanin have made an impact on the Canuck defense. Woo hits like a brick, Rathbone skates himself out of trouble, and his passes are crisp and on target. The Canucks are developing a center in the minors, a guy by the name of Karlsson. He's doing OK, and doesn't look out of place in Abby, but, can he do it in the bigs. He was the first star of the game. Raty was jumping, but I thought his first goal shouldn't have counted, his stick was above the crossbar. Wouters is GOOD! Klimovich, is huge, but really didn't have much to show scoring wise, but is very strong along the boards. He's what? 20? What a great atmosphere in that arena, it's too bad it's over an hours drive to get out there.

The best part of the night. My grand daughter took a stick in the rink Canuck jersey to the game, and all the way out there she kept saying, I brought 5 sharpies, I'm going to get it signed. So, in between the second and third period, my son walked over behind the Abby bench and as the players came out, an attendant asked Silovs if she would sign her jersey. He did, and as she got it back she told him, I'm starting out to be a goalie, he said "awesome". That certainly topped the evening off. 

We went because my oldest son works with Brad Hunts' dad, and months ago was excited to see him play a "home" game. The Aves are decimated with injuries, so Hunt has been with the Aves for about two weeks. Too bad, he plays a huge role on that Eagle team.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

I get the feeling that they want to make him into a solid top-6 winger in the NHL and that they're going to develop the heck out of him to make sure he reaches that level.  I don't think they see him as a bottom 6 player, like Podz can be when needed, at all.  Hence the longer time being devoted to his development.

I think you are exactly right. Hogs has the speed, tenacity, and shot to be top 6. If not with the Canucks then thru trade with another team. I am hoping with the Canucks.

• Like 1