The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Minor uniform change to stripes on pants

Rate this topic

BMorrison 7

10 minutes ago, McBackup said:

Whereas I have enough mental bandwidth to be able to watch a game and tell which team is which based on what they are wearing.

Yes, one team could be 'skins' and the other one could be 'shirts' that is a good way to tell the difference between teams.

however I try not to get wrapped up in " I think the 'shirts' should have stripes on them.

How they look is not high on my list.

How they play

do they play fair

do they win

What does their uniform look like?

22 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

True Story:   Many years ago on the way home from work I heard about Gordie Howe being at a charity golf event in Tsawwassen on the radio - late one afternoon and rushed home to grab what ever hockey "stuff" I could quickly find for him to sign and then rushed right back out the door and rushed out to Tsawwasen.  This included a couple of newer Gordie Howe cards and our white Canucks jersey.   When we got the the golf course, we immediatly spotted him walking near the club house and got a good 5 minutes alone with him where we posed with him for pictures holding his book and where he signed two of his hockey cards and then the canucks jersey on the back side.    Before doing so, He took at the logo on the front of our jersey and asked Quote: "What kind of fish that was on the jersey?" We said an Orca, which he quickly responded back with  QUOTE " No real hockey team puts a whale on their Jersey"      I'll remember that for the rest of my days.

Yet Howe played for a team with a whale tail on the jersey. Weird....

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Baggins said:

Yet Howe played for a team with a whale tail on the jersey. Weird....

Great point.  I never thought of that !   That would have been a great comeback - for sure!  Maybe he just hated the Orca or maybe even the canucks.    We'll never know.

On 10/5/2022 at 1:52 AM, RU SERIOUS said:

True Story:   Many years ago on the way home from work I heard about Gordie Howe being at a charity golf event in Tsawwassen on the radio - late one afternoon and rushed home to grab what ever hockey "stuff" I could quickly find for him to sign and then rushed right back out the door and rushed out to Tsawwasen.  This included a couple of newer Gordie Howe cards and our white Canucks jersey.   When we got the the golf course, we immediatly spotted him walking near the club house and got a good 5 minutes alone with him where we posed with him for pictures holding his book and where he signed two of his hockey cards and then the canucks jersey on the back side.    Before doing so, He took at the logo on the front of our jersey and asked Quote: "What kind of fish that was on the jersey?" We said an Orca, which he quickly responded back with  QUOTE " No real hockey team puts a whale on their Jersey"      I'll remember that for the rest of my days.

Yup Hartford Whalers and for years ever team knew they were the worst in north America for any jersey and voted so.Now ours is close to that.

Edited by cripplereh
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Great point.  I never thought of that !   That would have been a great comeback - for sure!  Maybe he just hated the Orca or maybe even the canucks.    We'll never know.

Maybe, like many others, he just didn't get the Orca connection to Vancouver. But it's still an odd statement considering he played for the Whalers.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Baggins said:

Maybe, like many others, he just didn't get the Orca connection to Vancouver. But it's still an odd statement considering he played for the Whalers.

I asked a pop star to sign another team's jersey once ( I was wearing it at the time)

she was not impressed

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Bring back the skate jersey forever and game over! We run it!

You just end up with another crowd wanting our current jerseys back. Game would be far from over. Game will likely never end honestly.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 2
  • There it is 1