The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pre-Season [GDT/PGT] Seattle Kraken @ Vancouver Canucks/ Thursday, Sept. 29/22 / 6:30pm KONG, NHLN,SN1, SNP, 650AM at Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

How much does that say about just feeling safe around the arena? 

I work downtown and it’s such a shit show. 

My kid is 6, and it’s a roulette table when I’m down there myself. How the hell am I supposed to feel about her safety when I take her to her first game?

I was downtown in the ‘bad’ days in the early 80’s as a kid. Never felt it was unsafe with my dad. 

Now? I feel like I gotta carry just to keep my little one safe. 

But, I digress. Sorry for taking the thread into a curve. 

It sucks.

If ever in trouble near the arena, head to the pharmacy or liquor store at Tinseltown. They have good private security, some are under cover. Mall also has general security.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

How much does that say about just feeling safe around the arena? 

I work downtown and it’s such a shit show. 

My kid is 6, and it’s a roulette table when I’m down there myself. How the hell am I supposed to feel about her safety when I take her to her first game?

I was downtown in the ‘bad’ days in the early 80’s as a kid. Never felt it was unsafe with my dad. 

Now? I feel like I gotta carry just to keep my little one safe. 

But, I digress. Sorry for taking the thread into a curve. 

Lived in the Olympic Village for 5 years, never had a single issue walking to a game from that side. 

Just now, bishopshodan said:

It sucks.

If ever in trouble near the arena, head to the pharmacy or liquor store at Tinseltown. They have good private security, some are under cover. Mall also has general security.

Excellent advice my friend. 

I’m taking the little one to the whitecaps game on Saturday. 

I got all my boys/girls around the events and the city. I have no fears. 

Just always a fear for the kiddies that go down there without the backup and resources I have. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, eeeeergh said:

I live on Quebec st, same, literally 0 issue. 

Even on main st, its just sad, not threatening. People keep to themselves. 

yep its like a different city when you cross under the viaducts. But we still did a lot of stuff in Chinatown, just kind of have to keep your head up. 

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Poolman or DeKeyser?

That’s the debate tonight. 

They’re playing together tonight. 

Who needs to stay? Who needs to leave? 

maybe they'll find a special bond and be a 1+1=3 thing. 

;)

6 minutes ago, JM_ said:

yep its like a different city when you cross under the viaducts. But we still did a lot of stuff in Chinatown, just kind of have to keep your head up. 

Anything past Main and Union is where the shenanigans appears, your right it does feel like another city. 

The people around here are absolutely bonkers. I think this was 2 weeks ago, but an immigrant who came from Afghanistan 5 months ago was brutally stabbed in the neck on Keefer and Main requiring his entire neck to his collarbone to be stapled. Seeing him in the interview, it was chilling. It was unprovoked, he had his head down the whole time, doing doordash, and the sick individual slashed him. What’s crazier is that this same individual slashed someone’s chest the day prior and was being hunted by VPD. Some homeless guy. 

And then there’s that cop who went like 60kmh on Hastings and Main and steamrolled a pedestrian. VPD cruisers are so reckless around that area despite it being a 30kmh zone. 

Edited by Odd.
  • Sad 1