The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] October 1, 2022 Preseason: Canucks @ Kraken 6:30pm PT at Climate Pledge Arena SN1, SNP, ROOT-NW, SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

Just now, DeNiro said:

Forwards have been absolutely useless.

It seems like they’ve never worked on line rushes at time. Like how do we enter the zone coach?

They're supposed to be motivated enough to play a half-decent game with a more than a decent effort,after the lackluster previous game.

Instead, they decided to continue where they left off.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Again if you expected big changes the first off season with the mess Benning left behind you are bats*** crazy. 

Demko

Petey

Hughes

Miller

Podz

Hogz

Rathbone

OEL

Garland

I wouldn't exactly call it a mess

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

His history has been the same as we have seen. It's previous managements fault but I don't know what current management was thinking they were getting out of him.

I’m talking injury history.

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Miller isn’t the issue. 

I don't know why you want to be so confrontational, but re-signing him while making no other upgrades is just repeating the previous regime.

They said our defense was bad. What was addressed then from last year? Answer me this.

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

Ppl need to chill.

They’re giving him a chance.

the guy has a big contract and some term, hasn’t played a pro game in a long time, and is just coming back from injuries that have prevented him from getting back to any consistent game shape. 

they have to try him. That’s part of the point of pre-season…to allow re-integration. Some guys are able to keep up shape in the offseason (EP) and some like Poolman have to use it just to obtain balance health wise.

im not saying keep him but I think it deserves a check to remember the investment in that player and his history, as to why he’s getting looks

No doubt. I agree with this premise.

but.. what have we seen from poolman in the past, while in game shape, that can give us hope?

Hate to pick on just him.. because they can use an upgrade  on their 2nd, 3rd,4th d positions at the very least… and the forwards were trash tonight.