The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] October 1, 2022 Preseason: Canucks @ Kraken 6:30pm PT at Climate Pledge Arena SN1, SNP, ROOT-NW, SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

2 minutes ago, RWJC said:

If we have a tepid season, I can envision Trader Jim waking from his hibernation and playing puppet master to Allvin to make wholesale changes. 

I just worry they come in with the attitude there is a lot of time to get going. It's what ruined their season. When you don't change things the culture is hard to change. I always thought they needed to make a move for someone who doesn't accept losing.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

And Rathbone with a missed assignment and screening Demko. His offensive IQ is there, but his Dzone awareness is still a ways away

That goal was 5% Rathbone’s fault and 95% Myers fault.

A no look back pass around the boards? Like in what world is that the play you make??

Myers is a bonehead he shows it time and time again. The coach needs to drill it into him that he’s a bonehead and make the simplest plays possible. He’s Aaron Rome if Rome didn’t know how to play within his limits.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Strawbone said:

This team is way better when Petey and Quinn are playing. We will need those 2 healthy all season to have a chance at a good season. 

I see we’re already well on our way to wearing Demko out if he has to keep playing fire wagon hockey like this. 

Yup. If one of Pettersson, Hughes or Demko goes down, we're in trouble.

• Vintage 2

1 minute ago, EddieVedder said:

You can like him all you want.  He hasnt once been able to impose himself on an nhler and hes constantly out of position thinking hes bobby orr. 

Hes not an nhl dman

The sad thing his he’s the best and closest shot we have in the prospect pool for helping improve this defence.

i don’t know how they will fix this without trading at least one core forward.  

3 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

You can like him all you want.  He hasnt once been able to impose himself on an nhler and hes constantly out of position thinking hes bobby orr. 

Hes not an nhl dman

Calm down Eddie.

I agree, he’s not NHL yet.

lots of promise though. 

Edited by RWJC

Just now, DeNiro said:

That goal was 5% Rathbone’s fault and 95% Myers fault.

A no look back pass around the boards? Like in what world is that the play you make??

Myers is a bonehead he shows it time and time again. The coach needs to drill it into him that he’s a bonehead and make the simplest plays possible. He’s Aaron Rome if Rome didn’t know how to play within his limits.

Myers turned it over for sure. Rathbone still had time to be in position after the turnover. He chose to stand infront of Demko and wave his stick. If he takes his man, theres no shot. Instead the SEA player gets to shoot freely on a blinded Demko.