The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] October 1, 2022 Preseason: Canucks @ Kraken 6:30pm PT at Climate Pledge Arena SN1, SNP, ROOT-NW, SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ya but even up to speed what really does he offer? It's not like he was a difference maker before. He's at best a 6-7, 8th dman.

If he can be a solid 6 that’s a huge win.

At this point I don’t see him even being an 8. He’s two steps behind and not engaged at all. You can’t win with guys like that.

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

So removing him helps how? 

That doesn't really have anything to do with what I was refuting.

That said, our defense is atrocious so in a vacuum, yes we are much worse without him.

Doesn't change the fact that it was and always will be a dumb trade.

• Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

So our goal is to play soft enough to not get injured. :picard:

Oh boy. If that’s actually their mindset we’re in real trouble…

At what point do they flip the switch and try then? 10 games into the season? 25 games? After the coach is fired?

If you’re not seeing that this comes down to this teams drive and professionalism, you haven’t been lying attention the last few seasons. This team is not good enough to just cruise. They need to put in the work now.

They don't have a switch. They showed that at the beginning last year. Not many teams do except maybe Tampa or Colorado. The team has shown they can't just flip the switch. That's why I am frustrated. I thought it was going to have a different culture/attitude. They just accept losing. Saying its preseason and they don't try hard is a losers mentality. I don't care that they lost, it's how they lost.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AlphaNuck said:

This is what happens when management since taking over does absolutely nothing besides sign some mediocre ufa’s that any gm can do 

the fact they think poolman dickinson and Pearson are still regular line up material is hilarious 

management came in guns a blazing and did nothing but resign bennings team

Exactly! I disagree on Pearson, but agree that they have done FA other than blowing a 3rd and 700k of cap space on Dermott.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

It was a problem when Green was the coach. It's still a problem with Boudreau as our coach. I think it falls more on the players if a different coach didn't solve the problem.

7 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

I remember the year those guys came in.  The entire feel of this franchise changed.  The speed, work ethic, the intensity they showed each shift-  the entire franchise and fanbase fed off of it.  no one has been able to give us what that trio did.  

Im hoping hogz, podz and petey can try at least.

Our top players (EP, QH, TD) look determined to take the next step. Miller will play with his heart on his sleeve as well, just needs to take out the frustration moments.

But we lack that second wave of heart and soul players right now. Hopefully someone can step up.

4 minutes ago, MrCanuck94 said:

Our top players (EP, QH, TD) look determined to take the next step. Miller will play with his heart on his sleeve as well, just needs to take out the frustration moments.

But we lack that second wave of heart and soul players right now. Hopefully someone can step up.

Podkolzin?

1 minute ago, MrCanuck94 said:

This core desperately needs a winning season. I think that can be achieved this season. We were missing Pettersson, Hughes, Garland, Mikheyev, Kuzmenko and Boeser today.

We will be fine regular season, just need to build some chemistry.

No it has a lot to do with it and simply removing him and replacing him costs as much or the same at best. OEL and Garland for scraps was far from a dumb trade. 

If you want to completely disregard the importance of cap and cap flexibility then sure.

But in real life that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I will always say I like both players in a vacuum. I like Ferraris and Lambos too, just doesn't exactly make much sense financially for me to buy those right now, though.

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

No it has a lot to do with it and simply removing him and replacing him costs as much or the same at best. OEL and Garland for scraps was far from a dumb trade. 

I agree.  Imagine our defence WITHOUT OEL right now?  It would be on par with Toronto and Arizona...

• Cheers 1

6 games with an all time great d partner vs an entire playoffs with Winnipeg 

Except he was never really that good, and was also propped up by a good partner (Morrisey).

Ask any Jets fan, nobody misses him lol.

1 minute ago, kanucks25 said:

If you want to completely disregard the importance of cap and cap flexibility then sure.

But in real life that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I will always say I like both players in a vacuum. I like Ferraris and Lambos too, just doesn't exactly make much sense financially for me to buy those right now, though.

Spending cap is fine if the player is worth it and honestly both OEL and Garland are. What’s hurting is Dickinson and Ferland’s cap hit. In all honesty Ferland is contributing more to the team than Dickinson at this point. 

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I didn't mind the trade but it definitely wasn't one we should've made.

Guenther + 2nd round pick + 12 mill in cap space would be more valuable to us right now.