The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Preseason October 5, 2022 Oilers @ Canucks in Abbotsford Centre @ 7:00pm PT Streaming @ Canucks.com and may be on SN650am.

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

Miller's got Pearson and Garland

Petey's got Podkolzin and Kuzmenko

Interesting that they gave Horvat - Joshua and Hoglander, as his wingers. Almost as if Horvat is filling in temporarily and questionable how much success he'll have with them. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Why are some making such a big deal about McDavid playing tonight in Abbotsford? Same size rink as any other rink, playing against the hometown Canucks. Most people who live in Abbotsford can go to see a game in VAN, and many of them have probably seen McDavid already. You'd think the VAN media would be more excited about the Canucks playing and them getting their first win in the preseason against the hated Oilers. Nope, not Don Taylor, he loves Connor.

Edited by NUCKER67

I was so looking forward to this game to watch.  Probably our first game where Bruce has finally been able to play the most complete team he can. Minus Demko.   With a bit of a depleted Edmonton team as opponents, we should be able to watch the skill on our team elevate their game to another level with more room to move.  (they better)

Can't believe that SN won't even broadcast it on one of their feeds.  Ridiculous.

Yup, old timey radio for me again.  All we need is Jim Robson to come out of retirement for one game to complete the package.

boy-listening-to-wireless-007.jpg?width=

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kilgore said:

I was so looking forward to this game to watch.  Probably our first game where Bruce has finally been able to play the most complete team he can. Minus Demko.   With a bit of a depleted Edmonton team as opponents, we should be able to watch the skill on our team elevate their game to another level with more room to move.  (they better)

Can't believe that SN won't even broadcast it on one of their feeds.  Ridiculous.

Yup, old timey radio for me again.  All we need is Jim Robson to come out of retirement for one game to complete the package.

boy-listening-to-wireless-007.jpg?width=

The game is being broadcast on this site.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

52 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Here’s the thing. 

Poolmans been dogshit. But I want him to do good, because he’s still a RHD with size and can skate. 

He needs to stop overthinking and over committing and just play solid defensively. Let OEL handle the offense. He can be a useful d-man if he can just focus on literally defense and that’s it. None of that doing laps around the opposing net and holding onto the puck like a PMD, not trying to make fancy plays. Get the puck up, don’t even move it, just get it up, get it to OEL, if given a chance just whack on net, none of that fancy deflection crap, just whack it to the net, play as simple as possible. 

Exactly I'm okay with zero points at the end of year even,  just play defense, show him some Tanev tapes and say  "do this" I had high hopes but the last two games I'm going ugh... Bleep! Just play defense and focus on that, seeing him cycle behind the net the one game and I'm like dude just get back, like you said trying to do too much. Especially after missing so much of last season..