The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Philadelphia Flyers | Oct. 15, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

He should be getting aa many minutes as Petey.  Podz was unreal in the last 25 games last yr.  Should be out there as much as possible

And he was amongst the best players out there today. 

Podz should be a consistent top 6’er, and at least a consistent PP2 player. 

Bruce, there it is. 

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He actually did really well even last year in won puck battles which proves he’s not as soft as some of you making him out to be. Player who doesn’t hit a lot doesn’t always equal soft. Hell Van fans should know the Sedins were far from soft… 

Ahh…… you didn’t just compare Boeser to the Sedins….. 

Boeser has no value whatsoever if he doesn’t score. I don’t understand what justifies his contract. There is nothing that stands out other than his shot (which is just above average). But the shot has not been there since 2019. So why did we give him a 3 year 6 million contract? Why? Just why? Why? Alvin why?

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

The best games in the last half of last season were when Miller and Petey were split up. 

Those two centres need to stay split up in order give the team the best two scoring lines possible. 

Who would the 2nd Center be if Petey and Miller were put together?

Horvat? 

C’mon man. Horvat is playing so disinterested. That’s the second line Center? 

Doesn’t work for me. But maybe I’m wrong and you’re right. Let’s see. 

Perhaps he wants to test UFA and truly cash in 

12 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He actually did really well even last year in won puck battles which proves he’s not as soft as some of you making him out to be. Player who doesn’t hit a lot doesn’t always equal soft. Hell Van fans should know the Sedins were far from soft… 

Didnt see him win any puck battles last year. Probably 1 out of every 50.

• Haha 1

Just now, JayDangles said:

Scary thing for me is we didn't just lose to a weaker team.. we were out shot, out hit, out scored, out chanced and overall out played. 

Not scary just for you bud. I mean I know it’s almost Halloween but this is Mike Myers kinda shit. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

Ahh…… you didn’t just compare Boeser to the Sedins….. 

Boeser has no value whatsoever if he doesn’t score. I don’t understand what justifies his contract. There is nothing that stands out other than his shot (which is just above average). But the shot has not been there since 2019. So why did we give him a 3 year 6 million contract? Why? Just why? Why? Alvin why?

Not hitting doesn’t mean soft. Trouble with reading comprehension? 

5 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Didnt see him win any puck battles last year. Probably 1 out of every 50.

Then you weren’t watching or you’re full of s***. Take your pick. 15th in the NHL last season in puck battle win possession. 

Edited by canuck73_3

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Miller is playing with 2 pylons. Even McDavid would have problems getting points with them. 

He’s not going from 99 points to only 60 points. Boudreau will likely put him with Podkolzin and Garland next game and let BO skate with the pylons. 

Chiasson is staying in North America waiting for a contract. Get him back here asap. Get the Miller, Podz, and Chiasson line back together. They were dynamite at the end of last season!

• Cheers 1