The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Columbus Blue Jackets | Oct. 18, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

The defense isn’t fixable in house. Any combination of Schenn, Juulsen, Poolman, Borroughs, and Stillman are being asked to do too much each night. On top of that, the team’s best Dman in Hughes is struggling hard to start the year and exposing the already weak depth. Yes, the backchecking effort from certain forwards hasn’t been the best, but a better defense could mask those problems. Bad defense + low effort = the current results.

11 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Im fucking done with this team. Until they win win a game, im not wasting a single minute watching them. Piece of shits not worth the mental headache.

How could you. Lose 4 games while up 2+ goals? You fucking kidding me. This is fucking insane. 4 games up 2 goals or more. It’s outrageous, pathetic. No support from me until they win. 

Maybe consider taking a break from CDC until they win too. Or the mods will do it for you. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Screw said:

Time to throw another jersey on the ice?

And what? even that rich basterd ain’t cleaning house again. Knowing our fan base they’ll be all salty. But nows the team to be as loud as heck and support the team. Literally nothing good will come otherwise. I get it. It’s a joke right now. But there are 77 games left

• Cheers 1

We can pick apart individual players, parts of the game, etc.  At the end of the day, I'm not seeing 60 minutes of pressing the opposition, out-hitting, out-skating, etc.  This team simply isn't outworking the other teams.  Pretty simple.  that's culture and a hunger to win.  Country club hockey right now.  You only have to look at how the Canucks played just over a decade ago to understand how they were at the top of the league through the regular season.  Yes the game is different, but there was so much energy out there.  There were a lot of emotions and quite simply a lot of care.  When they needed a goal, you could see the Sedins skating faster, sometimes even hitting, most certainly taking time away from the opposition in waves.  I'm not seeing any of that from this group.  Hate to say it but this comes down to personnel as much as coaching.  That's why I don't mind Miller and his terrible early season plays.  I know he'll bring the fight through the season.

12 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

With our top offensive players playing like defense doesn't matter (Miller, Hughes, Horvat), this is gonna be a long season.

Petey is having a nice season at least.

Horvat was great all over the ice. There were positives today. Miller though I can’t really say anything good right now. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Muttley said:

The game wasn't all that bad. There were good signs. I think we'll end this road trip with a fairly convincing win on Thursday. It isn't easy starting with five straight on the road.

Aaahhhh, there's always one Mr. Happy in the bunch who sees the best of every situation.  Good on ya!  

Yes, it's early and this is fixable......to the point of getting back to .500 or .600 but the bigger picture is that Allvin needs to put his mark on this team now.  Regardless of the record and regardless of how serviceable the defence group have been, we're not becoming contenders without some big additions to the D.  If we add 1-2 really solid D players to the mix and keep the depth we have, we're in great shape.  Easier said than done but we have really good forward depth now.

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Im fucking done with this team. Until they win win a game, im not wasting a single minute watching them. Piece of shits not worth the mental headache.

How could you. Lose 4 games while up 2+ goals? You fucking kidding me. This is fucking insane. 4 games up 2 goals or more. It’s outrageous, pathetic. No support from me until they win. 

Chill with the language, dude.

Unnecessary, ya know?

May be best for your mental health that you take a break anyway

• Cheers 3