The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Columbus Blue Jackets | Oct. 18, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

16 hours ago, BPA said:

Not if CBJ views him as a needed piece.  CBJ got Gaudreau this summer.  Means they want to get into the playoffs and possibly go deep.

Think a package of…

Miller + Rathbone 

for

Nyquist + Johnson + Peeke

would spark some interest.

Edit:  Agreed Boeser would be harder to move at that cap hit.  He’s paid to get goals but still has 3a so far.

Kekaleinen made it rather clear that he's not interested in trading futures for win now players - unprompted he brought up that he's not giving up futures for 30 year olds.  Gaudreau was a free agent signing.   They are still trying to develop their young players but Gaudreau was unexpectedly interested in CBJ and they weren't going to pass on the opportunity. 

Don't see Miller as the type of player they would want either.  CBJ were open that they felt that they had deviated from their culture of hard work/playing the right way.  It's why they named Jenner their C - Davidson says he represents everything the Blue Jackets should stand about.  Miller not exactly the example most teams would want for their young players - he gets away with things because he can produce but not everyone has his offensive skills and they have to learn how to play the right way.

9 hours ago, lmm said:

and tell the exact same thing doesn't happen when people are critical of the team or managements mistakes

the ones I really like are the Positive Petes who swear at the Negative Nellies, because swearing and bashing is sooo positive

gee, that happened on a fan site? omg :frantic:

12 hours ago, AnthonyG said:

Is that all you got Bond?

I @‘d you to shed some light on what you got your panties all up in a knot about. This a new system, it needs a bit of adjusting and tweaking. Its only game 4. Chill. Sit back and watch the Elias Pettersson show. 

I get it, theres some PTSD from losing and last years start and the COVID season thats giving us alllll flashbacks right now. Its going to get better. But before we make drastic changes, lets figure it out on the ice first and find ways to play win and play through it. Learn now, rather than later. Which is why I brought up STL and LAK, they too went through a really rough start and barely made it into playoffs and then went on to win a cup allll while also having locker room drama. We have 78 games to figure it out and go on a tear. Its all about timing.

So just for a recap. Let's see if I've got this right.

The Canucks actually took it to everyone so far this season. Actually dominated play. We only lost due to a couple lucky bounces. Especially on the PK. We've looked superb, absolutely no reason for concern there. Our defence is rock solid, Quinn is flourishing in his role and should be given some more minutes. And above all there is absolutely nothing wrong with the compete as evidenced by back checking from the Captain. Certainly not a locker divide as we can clearly see.

So all in all a great start to the season. Thanks Tony it all makes so much sense now. Hopefully we can keep this momentum going. So much fun when you're playing well.

• Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

So just for a recap. Let's see if I've got this right.

The Canucks actually took it to everyone so far this season. Actually dominated play. We only lost due to a couple lucky bounces. Especially on the PK. We've looked superb, absolutely no reason for concern there. Our defence is rock solid, Quinn is flourishing in his role and should be given some more minutes. And above all there is absolutely nothing wrong with the compete as evidenced by back checking from the Captain. Certainly not a locker divide as we can clearly see.

So all in all a great start to the season. Thanks Tony it all makes so much sense now. Hopefully we can keep this momentum going. So much fun when you're playing well.

Sorry forgot to add CBJ’s first goal, deflection off a stick, off a knee towards top corner in the opposite direction and then tapped in just under the crossbar. Yea. Sounds like a real dominating play.

outshot CBJ 16-10 in the 3rd and got outscored 2-1, one of the goals being off the entry into a wrap around… sounds like they really had us hemmed in on that one,

On 10/18/2022 at 11:08 PM, Devron said:

That was Hoglander. OT is a crap shoot anyway. I don’t really blame players in OT, sometimes you take a chance and it doesn’t work out otherwise it’s just a cycle back into your end over and over again. Then it goes too a shootout. And those just suck. 

Hope your doing well JB 

Nope, Hoglander lost the puck, Horvat made the low IQ play to jump forward.

Just now, Duodenum said:

Nope, Hoglander lost the puck, Horvat made the low IQ play to jump forward.

Yes I saw it again. Horvat took a chance there but Hoglander had a chance to play it too. Horvat skated his ass back though. Miller would have skated to the bench 

• Cheers 1

On 10/19/2022 at 6:55 AM, Goal:thecup said:

I am here.

I think there is a flu bug going through the team.

That would explain Garland sitting.

Might explain Miller's lack of effort.

Did explain Myers absence.

Might explain why BB and many Canucks have puffy red faces.

Might explain why Bo is better now.

Might explain why so many Canucks look out of breath.

Etc.

Also the team put in a tremendous effort and played a great game in front of our backup goalie who only had the one BAD goal against where he over-committed. 

Petey is world-class.

And 'fan boy' is a derogatory term that is inappropriate.

Cheers Hammer.

Lets win the next one.

GO CANUCKS GO!

BRUCE, THERE IT IS!

LOL I'm just frustrated. Boys gotta turn this ship around tomorrow!! Hopefully the whole team went out together today and had some fun. This losing is getting under my skin. 

These losses are real real bad. For all the talk of Travis not having the team prepared last year. This is a new low. 

Only up from here though. Right???? Right?????????

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, hammertime said:

LOL I'm just frustrated. Boys gotta turn this ship around tomorrow!! Hopefully the whole team went out together today and had some fun. This losing is getting under my skin. 

These losses are real real bad. For all the talk of Travis not having the team prepared last year. This is a new low. 

Only up from here though. Right???? Right?????????

RRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTE!

• There it is 1