The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Buffalo Sabres at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 22, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Between this start, the jersey ad, and the Aquilini allegations, I'm at the point where I'll watch a game if I have nothing better to do, but I won't go out of my way.  

Honestly at least the jersey adds match the colour scheme. 

at the very least we made out better than some teams. 

the wilds look awful

1 minute ago, Firstname Lastname said:

There is a good chance that the Canucks can actually lose all first 10 games of the season. They might be just as bad as the 16-17 Avalanche...

Be funny if the first win was against pits randomly. With Spencer Martin 

i don’t even believe it as I type it. They have the feeling of a team that will never win a game again it’s wild lol

Rutherford cited length of time as a prohibitive reason against a rebuild. I'd rather go through a proper rebuild than be stuck indefinitely in the state that we have been. I'm pretty sure many fans agree as well. We tried to take a shortcut to the top and it didn't work. Time to admit defeat and do things properly.

• Cheers 3

15 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Can you share a few with me? I’m not saying it’s impossible I’m just drawing blanks.

Everyone favourite Mark Messier. Kurri played centre later in his carrer. PLD never played centre until the end of his draft year. Aho drafted as left winger. Also wasn’t Linden drafted as a right winger?

Edited by J-23

11 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Honestly at least the jersey adds match the colour scheme. 

at the very least we made out better than some teams. 

the wilds look awful

lol soon the hockey jersey will go the way of soccer jersey.. it's only a matter of time.. a large logo for the sponsor replacing the current logo and the current logo is a tiny patch where the ad goes now.. it'll get there.. it's all about the moneyyyy

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol soon the hockey jersey will go the way of soccer jersey.. it's only a matter of time.. a large logo for the sponsor replacing the current logo and the current logo is a tiny patch where the ad goes now.. it'll get there.. it's all about the moneyyyy

Look at all the room  left I wonder what a 2x2 inch square cost TD. A couple of years it’ll look like one of those quilts at the Sunday flee market. It’ll be fun. Not 

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

Rasmus Dahlin:    # 1 overall

Owen Power        #  1 overall

Dylan Cozens:      # 7 overall

Jack Quinn           # 8 overall

Casey Mittelstadt  # 8 overall

JJ Peterka           # 34 overall

M. Samuelsson   # 32 overall

Buffalo has been keeping their high draft picks and it seems like they finally get rewarded for their strategy.

And before that they had Eichel and Reinhart - didn't help them win much of anything.

It's more that they are working on changing their culture.  Ever since Adams took over he has been talking of implementing a winning culture.  They had to have players who want to be there (ie no more mercenaries), accountability, playing for each other etc.  He's trying to make sure that they are building a team and not just assembling players to play hockey together.  It's cliché but talent is not sufficient to make a winning team if there isn't the right mindset.

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, mll said:

And before that they had Eichel and Reinhart - didn't help them win much of anything.

It's more that they are working on changing their culture.  Ever since Adams took over he has been talking of implementing a winning culture.  They had to have players who want to be there (ie no more mercenaries), accountability, playing for each other etc.  He's trying to make sure that they are building a team and not just assembling players to play hockey together.  It's cliché but talent is not sufficient to make a winning team if there isn't the right mindset.

Tuch pickup was huge. He is a long time die hard Sabres fan. He wanted to be there and he wants to win there. That type of culture is needed here.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, EmilyM said:

Yeah. And if we’re allowed to retain 50% on Miller for just this season, there could be a desperate taker at the deadline who needs to go all-in.

No such thing as variable retentions.  It's the same rate on the full remaining term of both contracts.  

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

47 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

well he can't walk yet he'll have to take the 1 year qualifying offer.. and we likely trade him if it comes to that

Players do not have to accept a QO, anyway my point is if we are rebuilding I can't see Petey hanging around

Edited by BigTramFan
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, CanuckFan1123 said:

Can’t decide what’s worse between the team or the fan base. Booing your team off the ice throughout the home opener and throwing jerseys on the ice. No matter how bad things get, you have to be better than that. Disgusting display from our fans. I wouldn’t want to play my heart out in front of those fans either… 

You're not wrong