The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] November 3, 2022 Anaheim Ducks @ Vancouver Canucks - 7:00pm PT Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I’m honoured that we long time fans get a chance to cheer him loudly in the building. 

Juice did more than enough. 

I hope the fans in the building do service to him tonight by chanting and saying,

”Juice there it is.”

Hey @-SN- can we get a "Juice there it is" emote 

• Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

No idea if ths was a planned start all along but it's the right choice imo. Demko is in a funk that is honestly more cocerning to me than anything else.  Demko has  lost the ability  to track the puck, even when he makes a save he looks awkward and is leaving way too many juicy rebounds. He's also yet to make a single stop the entire year where we look back and say "game changer" Martin had more in one game than Demko all year. His inability to be the best PKER or tighten up with the lead has disappeared.

People can blame everyone else and there's probably some truth to that but for a goalie some had picked for Vezina consideration he's been terrible, there's no way to sugar coat it.

Elite goalies make big stops at crucial times, the team has given him multiple goal leads, they did their part and it's crushing to see a guy so talented unable to make a high danger save at crucial moments.

Hopefully this is a blip that can be ironed out with some time with Ian but if we win tonight and we can look back and say Spence made a big stop at a big time, than he should be given the reigns until if/when he falters. With 2 back to backs on a tough eastern trip, Demko would get his chance to play regardless. 

For now go with whoever can get a few GD wins and if that's Spence so be it.

4 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

ngl wish Bieksa would join the club/Sedins in some capacity.  

I think we’re all feeling that way today, between the team’s current struggles, and Juice’s presser comments about the previous culture and what made those Canucks teams so special.

I definitely think he has a future in coaching or player development (at the pro level, since he’s already fairly accomplished coaching kids), if the media thing ever gets old, or he’s just looking for a new challenge and the right opportunity comes along.

It’s obvious that Bieksa understands the game at a high level. But perhaps more importantly, he has that “gift of the gab” and the right type of personality for teaching others and sharing what he’s learned over his career. I think he could really be an effective NHL coach, especially working one-on-one with Dmen.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I think we’re all feeling that way today, between the team’s current struggles, and Juice’s presser comments about the previous culture and what made those Canucks teams so special.

I definitely think he has a future in coaching or player development (at the pro level, since he’s already fairly accomplished coaching kids), if the media thing ever gets old, or he’s just looking for a new challenge and the right opportunity comes along.

It’s obvious that Bieksa understands the game at a high level. But perhaps more importantly, he has that “gift of the gab” and the right type of personality for teaching others and sharing what he’s learned over his career. I think he could really be an effective NHL coach, especially working one-on-one with Dmen.

I think it’s his mindset that should be copy and pasted to this team. He had the right mindset when he and Rypper toiled in Manitoba that made them really become the players that they became. 

Team first. Grind it out. Respect your chance in the bigs. 

Then do everything you can to stay in the bigs. 

That was the mentality that made Bieksa and Rypien so beloved. 

Juice should definitely be a coach in some form or fashion , but he has a good gig as a commentator. 

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

It's impressive how many members of that team have gone on to coach. Manny is doing his thing, Higgins is still with us, Burrows is in Montreal, Bieksa could probably do it. Pretty sure Kesler is coaching at some level too. 

Might be missing someone else. 

I LOVE that Bieksa signed the 1-day contract with VAN, and suited up and attended practice, just as if he was on the team. Damn, it would be amazing if he actually played tonight :lol:  I know, it won't happen, but still...I think the roof would come off. 

I think the Canucks get ramped up for this one and pull of the win. Maybe a Bieksa pre-game speech in the room to get the boys fired up. "You guys better not lose, okay?" 

20 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Post of the year!

Sorry, that was already handed out. 

2nd post of the year!!

• Haha 1
  • There it is 1