The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] November 3, 2022 Anaheim Ducks @ Vancouver Canucks - 7:00pm PT Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

7 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

I actually realized that I posted it in this thread which is how you found it: 

an absolute gold thread btw. 

Here’s a screen shot of the page it’s from 

6097B988-193B-444D-9E5E-DFDC9F98AC56.jpeg

Edited by chon derry
  • There it is 1

I’d switch Bieksa for Allvin today if I could. I have zero doubts that Kevin is the leader this team needs at the top. Sure it would be a “learning on the job” situation, but he’d have more than enough support behind the scenes it would be fine.

Kevin is so damn great to listen to, while Allvin speaking puts me in a coma.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

I’d switch Bieksa for Allvin today if I could. I have zero doubts that Kevin is the leader this team needs at the top. Sure it would be a “learning on the job” situation, but he’d have more than enough support behind the scenes it would be fine.

Kevin is so damn great to listen to, while Allvin speaking puts me in a coma.

What strikes me about Juice, is that he would never have the 'entitlement' to even take on a job like that without paying his dues through the organization.  He'd be the first one to ask himself, "What have I done in hockey other than play, that makes me qualified to do a job like that?" 

But you're right, he could make substantial money as a motivational speaker. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Wanless said:

Of course

but then the canucks dominated the penguins and the talk id of how the penguins had a bad game. The real penguins came out in the first 5 minutes of the third period

with some people there is nothing positive

the positive i see are that the goals scored on us arent from being out strategized or out played but from very high risk low reward type plays, example d to d passes through players or blind passes to open ice instead of having a board battle. They are desperate plays by a few under performing players who dont really do that

The Canucks are getting out played, out chanced and out worked. Again, losing is losing at the end of the day. I disagree that we are losing any kind of unique way...others teams are playing better in most facets of the game...thats it. They deserve their record. Sure. maybe a couple positives so far but it's been a horrific start...to not admit that and look at the "bright side" is disingenuous.

44 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

It's impressive how many members of that team have gone on to coach. Manny is doing his thing, Higgins is still with us, Burrows is in Montreal, Bieksa could probably do it. Pretty sure Kesler is coaching at some level too. 

Might be missing someone else. 

Sami Salo has been coaching at the Liiga level and also with the national team in Finland.

Mikael Samuelsson currently on the Canucks staff as a player development coach.

Ryan Johnson (not part of the Finals team but with the team from 2008-10) started out in player development and has quickly moved up the ranks in Vancouver.

Dan Hamhuis has apparently been working with kids for 16 years, as a founding member and senior instructor on Northern Hockey School’s coaching staff. He’s also part of the Prince George Cougars ownership group.

Probably even more that I’m missing (EDIT: Sedins).

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Sami Salo has been coaching at the Liiga level and also with the national team in Finland.

Ryan Johnson (not part of the Finals team but with the team from 2008-10) started out in player development and has quickly moved up the ranks in Vancouver.

Dan Hamhuis has apparently been working with kids for 16 years, as a founding member and senior instructor on Northern Hockey School’s coaching staff. He’s also part of the Prince George Cougars ownership group.

I think Higgins is working with the team in player development.

Edit: missed in originally quoted post

Edited by King Heffy

3 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I completely forgot about Sami and Mikael, didn't know about Dan  

The twins coached?