The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Anaheim Ducks at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 03, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

We just barely beat a bottom feeder, playing with almost no structure/defensive play. Scoring is fun and all but this team still looks nothing like a legit playoff threat. 

Our roster construction (and succession) is a mess, we still need two top 4 RHD, a legit 3C,  far more/better organizational depth and the assets and cap space to add all that.

Then even with that, we actually need to play with NHL caliber structure. 

Fun win, but we're miles away.

Agreed. 

Kind of sad to face the reality after the emotional high of a fun win. On a special night too.

Just going to have to see what unfolds.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Walker has health issues. He's part owner of the Guelph Storm. He stepped down from head coaching for that team on Oct 4, 2022. He's still team president.

Shaw left to join Philly and as Torts assistant.

He only joined Philly when we brought in a bevy of assistant coaches. 

7 minutes ago, canuckspride said:

So 8 goals is the magic number to win every night.  Let's do it. 

ya, those 3 shots in the 3rd last game are gonna make it tough to get to 8 every night

I think this team is definitely good enough to win the Calder Cup!

• RoughGame 1

33 minutes ago, billabong said:

Stillman-Myers had a rough game 

Canucks lack of mobility on the blueline has been torched this week 

the Canucks PK is amazingly awful

I thought that was all Stillman...  Myers did pretty good, all things considered.  Stillman was a gong show. 

1 minute ago, 4petesake said:

Bruce wanted him back but Shaw preferred to go to Philly. 

“Brad was different. I didn’t want to lose him but obviously he thought he had a better opportunity,” he said. He also indicated that coaching in Philadelphia would be easier for family reasons.

Shaw said he really enjoyed working for Boudreau. He hadn’t really had a role to fill under Travis Green, but under Boudreau he was put in charge of the defence and then later the penalty kill and played a big role in the success the Canucks had over the second half.

“On the family side it really helps being closer to my mother and my in-laws. Both our daughters live on the east coast,” he said.

“I took a job initially I thought I would love but I felt lost. With the coaching change I felt like I had a chance, more functional. I thank Jimmy Rutherford and Patrik Allvin because it gave me a chance to work again,” he told Postmedia from his cottage on Mississippi Lake in Ontario.

Travis Green. The coach that keeps giving.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1