The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nashville Predators at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 05, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

So if they did tear it down scorch earth. 

Would the returns on trading Miller, Bo, Demko at the deadline and draft be enough to rebuild properly. I think potentially yes. In the process there would be enough money off the books to weaponize cap space. 

We as fans would have to accept a long rebuild as we would be building around this draft. 

There are a lot of potential franchise centers at the top of this draft and some good D gems hiding in the 2nd round behind the glut of forwards in this draft.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, igorwasgreat said:

Cut our losses and take draft picks ?  That would signify a reset/rebuild/ (catch phrase of the week ) I am delusional obviously 

We made our bed with the OEL trade. We slept in it with the Miller extension. A rebuild is gonna be very tricky.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, igorwasgreat said:

Cut our losses and take draft picks ?  That would signify a reset/rebuild/ (catch phrase of the week ) I am delusional obviously 

JR did say a couple weeks ago (after a Saturday HNIC loss) the club could be heading for a rebuild if their play continued like it was.  Then the next day Allvin did an interview (called very quickly, which was likely directed by the owner) to “walk back” what JR just said about rebuilding. 

IMHAO JR knows we need to rebuild but our owner is fighting against it happening.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

JR did say a couple weeks ago (after a Saturday HNIC loss) the club could be heading for a rebuild if their play continued like it was.  Then the next day Allvin did an interview (called very quickly, which was likely directed by the owner) to “walk back” what JR just said about rebuilding. 

IMHAO JR knows we need to rebuild but our owner is fighting against it happening.  

I think JR was being facetious and just jokingly saying we’re heading toward a rebuild at this pace. We’re not gonna see a rebuild.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Markstrom has always been the better goalie. We picked demko over him only due to the age thing. I mean demko has always been overhyped by this market. He is not bad, but has not really been top of the league like markstrom or luongo etc. he is struggling big time now and we just have to go with Martin for now. There is no other way. If Martin is the starter now so be it

• Vintage 1
  • There it is 2

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EmilyM said:

I think JR was being facetious and just jokingly saying we’re heading toward a rebuild at this pace. We’re not gonna see a rebuild.

If we haven’t signed Bo by the 2023 TDL I wonder if there will be gumption to trade him?  Usually TDL deals are for futures (picks + prospects).

• There it is 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

If we haven’t signed Bo by the 2023 TDL I wonder if there will be gumption to trade him?  Usually TDL deals are for futures (picks + prospects).

Yeah, I think Bo ESPECIALLY with retention would bring back a haul at the deadline and we have to ship him out if an extension isn’t happening. There’d be a full blown mutiny in the fanbase if we get Gaudreau’ed.

3 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

Markstrom has always been the better goalie. We picked demko over him only due to the age thing. I mean demko has always been overhyped by this market. He is not bad, but has not really been top of the league like markstrom or luongo etc. he is struggling big time now and we just have to go with Martin for now. There is no other way. If Martin is the starter now so be it

For Demko its a rough patch i believe, like when he first had trouble getting consistency in his game to get to the NHL.  Markstrom tires himself out with how much he moves in the net and like Luongo is awful playing the puck and gets mental blocks where its the case of first shot goes in or there are teams/buildings where he basically can't play because its an automatic L.  

Demko seems to be telegraphing his saves this year which is odd like he's being too technical and wanting to make the exact right moves.  

7 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

Would agree.  Can't see them going into a rebuild.  They also seem to blame in part Boudreau so they'll probably want to see what they can do under another coach and different defensive structure.