The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nov 12/22 Vancouver Canucks(4-7-3) @ Toronto Maple Leafs(7-5-3) Scotiabank Arena 4:00pm PT CBC SNP SNO SNW  SNP650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

2 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

you aren't either. He was one of the top 3 best forwards last game. Nice try though.

I gotta agree with the other guy. His wave his elbow on your general direction forecheck was embarrassing. 
‘He has not looked good this year, yeah he does something’s well, he is a pro and a decent one but when has been able to get in the lineup he has looked slow, unengaged and ineffective. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

For people thinking BB should stay or is a good player here is what I for one see.

He reminds me of Booth took a bad hit and was never the same.BBis the same since he got hurt bad he has not been close to the same player and won't be till he starts playing his old style of play.

52 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Youre not even watching these games.  Boeser is doing nothing.  His points are  product of being given minutes.  

He gets beat to pucks, gets beat in battles, cant skate with the puck, cant even skate at all.  Not to mention, brutal on the backcheck.  There are examples all over the game day threads that multiple people have pointed out.  Nice try though.

49 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Agreed and if he gets more points fast we should trade him for what ever we can get and save cap space or use it to resign Bo.

45 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

I gotta agree with the other guy. His wave his elbow on your general direction forecheck was embarrassing. 
‘He has not looked good this year, yeah he does something’s well, he is a pro and a decent one but when has been able to get in the lineup he has looked slow, unengaged and ineffective. 

32 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

For people thinking BB should stay or is a good player here is what I for one see.

He reminds me of Booth took a bad hit and was never the same.BBis the same since he got hurt bad he has not been close to the same player and won't be till he starts playing his old style of play.

Yup, and the longer the wait before deciding to deal him, (if at all, but someone needs to be dealt) the further his stock will drop. Potential trade partners aren't looking at BB6's "board battles" or LE "little things" like "puck retrieval" and wetting themselves.... they'll be looking at the zero goals and lethargic play, from a guy who's advertised as a sniper.

Whatever the reasoning is behind his lack of scoring, whether valid or not, won't matter during negotiations, his production is what will be scrutinized. That's the nature of the beast. That's not to say he doesn't have value, of course he does, but if one is thinking his play at $6.65M isn't value here, well the rest of the league will also value him accordingly, it's all based on merit, and "what have you done for me lately".

@cripplereh you made a good analogy inre David Booth, I believe the same. Injuries have possibly more than physically hurt him, hopefully not the case but he just looks like he doesn't have it anymore, it's plain to see, sucks but true.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Yup, and the longer the wait before deciding to deal him, (if at all, but someone needs to be dealt) the further his stock will drop. Potential trade partners aren't looking at BB6's "board battles" or LE "little things" like "puck retrieval" and wetting themselves.... they'll be looking at the zero goals and lethargic play, from a guy who's advertised as a sniper.

Whatever the reasoning is behind his lack of scoring, whether valid or not, won't matter during negotiations, his production is what will be scrutinized. That's the nature of the beast. That's not to say he doesn't have value, of course he does, but if one is thinking his play at $6.65M isn't value here, well the rest of the league will also value him accordingly, it's all based on merit, and "what have you done for me lately".

@cripplereh you made a good analogy inre David Booth, I believe the same. Injuries have possibly more than physically hurt him, hopefully not the case but he just looks like he doesn't have it anymore, it's plain to see, sucks but true.

And the league has gotten faster since he started, significantly faster and he hasn’t. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Youre not even watching these games.  Boeser is doing nothing.  His points are  product of being given minutes.  

He gets beat to pucks, gets beat in battles, cant skate with the puck, cant even skate at all.  Not to mention, brutal on the backcheck.  There are examples all over the game day threads that multiple people have pointed out.  Nice try though.

I actually think since coming back he’s been better than I expected considering the lack of skating and stick work he’s been able to do. 

I think his game legs and his puck handling and shot are off from the injury and lack of skating.

but he’s actually performed better than expected. And I’ve been watching him like a hawk.

the pearson miller line with him he was the best part of that trash line. But maybe they were just so horrendous it made him look alright lol

And he produces regardless of time m in ice he finds a way to get points quietly even when hurt here which is kinda impressive. It’s not like goldobin or other guys like him just got points because of minutes given.

he needs to be much better, he needs to start scoring and he we need to rebuild his trade value and move off of him. 

I kinda half agree with you but not fully. 

2 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

You can tell injuries have affected him here. Like when he goes to shoot it’s a bit awkward. Where it use to be his greatest attribute and his release.

hoping he can work through it this season and show well before getting hurt again or having to have another offseason of this is the year! 

• Like 2

someone needs to start a new Canucks forum where ALL the content is 100% negative and you can trash the owner/manager/coach/players etc...So many people here are negative with either every post or damn sure more than half of em! Why are you watching if all you spew about the team is negativity...is there nothing better you can be doing with your life!?

Don't get me wrong every Canuck fan deserves to be frustrated but if they disappoint you that much don't watch them...find a hobby or work some extra hours, gets a bit much reading so much negativity from "so called" Canuck fans on here...

Go Canucks Go! Would sure be nice to see the laffs lose but the Canucks better try to put a near 60 minute effort in tonight, oh and get tons of shots on their goaltender...you just never know what he might let in!

• Cheers 4

1 hour ago, Shayster007 said:

you aren't either. He was one of the top 3 best forwards last game. Nice try though.

Youre both in denial and delusional.  If boeser is one of our teams best forwards we are going to keep losing.  That is something you just cant understand because youre too busy being obsessed with his hair. 

5 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

someone needs to start a new Canucks forum where ALL the content is 100% negative and you can trash the owner/manager/coach/players etc...So many people here are negative with either every post or damn sure more than half of em! Why are you watching if all you spew about the team is negativity...is there nothing better you can be doing with your life!?

Don't get me wrong every Canuck fan deserves to be frustrated but if they disappoint you that much don't watch them...find a hobby or work some extra hours, gets a bit much reading so much negativity from "so called" Canuck fans on here...

Go Canucks Go! Would sure be nice to see the laffs lose but the Canucks better try to put a near 60 minute effort in tonight, oh and get tons of shots on their goaltender...you just never know what he might let in!

I don't think you have the right to complain about what people post and if they are negative or positive. You don't have to read them if it bothers you that much. Some people have been fans since 1970. They have watched other teams come in like Tampa Bay and win three Stanley cups by building a team the right way. This franchise refuses to do it and haven't been successful and they are allowed to be criticized. You don't have to read if you just want rainbows and flowers. It's not your forum to try to tell people to go away. You know what the best cure is for it is winning and we really have no control over that.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • RoughGame 1

1 hour ago, grandmaster said:

Screw off Drance. Hate this guy. 

Vintage does a way better job of keeping us informed than that pleb, Drance. 

@-Vintage Canuck- can we ship your robot with the team 24/7 and keep us up to date? I'm sure you've gone from home appliance size to fit-in-your-pocket since the turn of the millennium ;)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

It can be a lot when everyone is negative about either Gillis, Benning or JR. 
It covers everything.