The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Toronto Maple Leafs | Nov. 12, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Not sure why the “we should have rebuilt crowd” is so mad.

This team is so bad it will accomplish that goal regardless.

And to the anti-Aquilini crowd take solace in the fact that these owners are spending over the cap to have the worst team in the league. They deserve this.

If there’s ever a year to be this bad this is it. This management and last managements incompetence may actually be the best thing that could happen to us. We should have been this bad in 2015, but thankfully this will be the year to make up for it.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

3 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

It will become clear they will need to move Horvat when he lets them know he will not re-sign here. I don't have the foggiest idea why he would. 

His agent didn't even want to talk to JR this weekend.  I highly doubt he even wants to be here anymore.  He is having a career year and he knows he will get a Miller type contract in the summer.  Best case for us is to have him continue his crazy pace and hope we hit a home run on a trade.

• Cheers 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Not sure why the “we should have rebuilt crowd” is so mad.

This team is so bad it will accomplish that goal regardless.

And to the anti-Aquilini crowd take solace in the fact that these owners are spending over the cap to have the worst team in the league. They deserve this.

If there’s ever a year to be this bad this is it. This management and last managements incompetence may actually be the best thing that could happen to us. We should have been this bad in 2015, but thankfully this will be the year to make up for it.

Spending up to the cap and missing the playoffs every year. You think they would be smart enough to know it isn't working and try something new.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I still wonder what made OEL and that contract so desirable? Made no sense then and it doesn't now and it screwed the franchise unless they eventually buy him out.

A very desperate GM at the time with no clue what he was doing...

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I still wonder what made OEL and that contract so desirable? Made no sense then and it doesn't now and it screwed the franchise unless they eventually buy him out.

Quite literally one of the worst trades in our history, and it doesn't even matter what Guenther turns into. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Doesn't matter who is in net, this team is afraid to play with a lead. 

Afraid. So embarassing. All those fans defending them. Your team is afraid of being in leads. So sad. How can you be afraid of having a lead? Sounds like future Stanley cup winners.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

11 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

If the Coyotes had any fans, they'd be pointing and laughing at us.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Spending up to the cap and missing the playoffs every year. You think they would be smart enough to know it isn't working and try something new.

We all know by now they aren’t smart enough. They’ve iced some of the worst teams in franchise history spending to the cap and trying to be competitive.

Thankfully for us this ownerships incompetence has landed us Pettersson and Hughes. If we’re lucky Bedard will fall into our laps too.

Best thing us fans can hope for is that this team becomes so bad ownership finally decides to sell and we actually have a chance to win a championship.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

He played at a norris caliber level 5+ years ago and JB thought it was just Arizona holding him down.