The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Toronto Maple Leafs | Nov. 12, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

they don't need AHL time, they need ice and opportunity in the NHL.  They finally have enough young guys t make up a core group, now it's time to let them have the team.

Dunno, their ice time has been all over the place with Podz having gotten more opportunity thus far. Lot of other forwards ahead of them, particularly on the powerplay.

Maybe we'll see them get more as the season goes on.

6 minutes ago, sassbs said:

There’s absolutely no other explanation as to why this team hasn’t been through a complete rebuild as of yet.   This can’t be on the GM’s because they are afraid.  

what is a "complete rebuild" look like.....because what most people are calling for is a total myth and won't happen.  

14 hours ago, BertaNuck said:

I like Petterson he is a good player but part of me says he isn’t a true super star to drive a team  

Petterson's growth this year has been significant - he added a strong element of physicality this year, I think there is lots to come as he matures physically.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Dunno, their ice time has been all over the place with Podz having gotten more opportunity thus far. Lot of other forwards ahead of them, particularly on the powerplay.

Maybe we'll see them get more as the season goes on.

it has, I agree.  Both of them also outwork the lazy vets who are gifted icetime ad neaseum every single game.  Jettison the lazy, apathetic players and give the team to the young guys

1 minute ago, stawns said:

what is a "complete rebuild" look like.....because what most people are calling for is a total myth and won't happen.  

Unfortunately, you are probably right. We missed the opportunity to trade Miller for a first and a rhd and now we are extremely likely to lose Bo. Given the 2023 draft, this may be our last chance for quite a while to get whatever picks we can and a partner for Hughes. Would rather have seen us sign Bo rather than Miller, but that's water under the bridge. This season is the one to stop the retooling on the fly crap and reconstruct the roster. We cant afford Bo now, so he will be gone. Time and patience are running out. 

Just now, steviewonder20 said:

Unfortunately, you are probably right. We missed the opportunity to trade Miller for a first and a rhd and now we are extremely likely to lose Bo. Given the 2023 draft, this may be our last chance for quite a while to get whatever picks we can and a partner for Hughes. Would rather have seen us sign Bo rather than Miller, but that's water under the bridge. This season is the one to stop the retooling on the fly crap and reconstruct the roster. We cant afford Bo now, so he will be gone. Time and patience are running out. 

still completely possible to move Miller, we just have to accept that the return won't be significant.  I refuse to believe that a group of hockey minds are willing to lose Horvat to keep Miller.

• Vintage 4

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

it has, I agree.  Both of them also outwork the lazy vets who are gifted icetime ad neaseum every single game.  Jettison the lazy, apathetic players and give the team to the young guys

Here's hoping, if we're gonna be bad we may as well put the young guys in bigger roles offensively as we strip things down a bit

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Putgolzin said:

they said last night that Calgary is looking for a forward - I'd give them almost any winger for Tanev back

Target hanifin, still young fits the age group of the core.  Steady dman. We have wingers of similar cap hits in boeser, garland etc. 

36 minutes ago, stawns said:

still completely possible to move Miller, we just have to accept that the return won't be significant.  I refuse to believe that a group of hockey minds are willing to lose Horvat to keep Miller.

This is where I'm at. Like they can't possibly be thinking that, right...?:unsure: If they are... This could get ugly.

One caveat being that Horvat may just want out anyway. In which case, it doesn't make much sense to retain Miller either IMO... But what the hell do I know, we would have had Chytil, Marino and possibly flipped Lundkvist and the Rangers first + for Chychrun if I was in charge...

• Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

This is where I'm at. Like they can't possibly be thinking that, right...?:unsure: If they are... This could get ugly.

One caveat being that Horvat may just want out anyway. In which case, it doesn't make much sense to retain Miller either IMO... But what the hell do I know, we would have had Chytil, Marino and possibly flipped Lundkvist and the Rangers first + for Chychrun if I was in charge...

for sure, if he wants out they have no choice.  I just hope that they come out and say that if it goes that way.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Petey Castiglione said:

Tanev and Edler.  We can really use Eagle for bottom pair, crease clearing, PK minutes

For a guy that refused to waive his NTC, he didn't seem that dead set of only playing for Vancouver...750k this year with 750k in bonuses I think is cheap! Canucks likely wouldn't of had interest I guess this past summer with new management and them wanting to get younger.

But one thing is for damn sure Edler>>>>>Stillman AND we could have a 2nd round pick, team was just so dead set on moving out Dickinson and making that little bit of cap space to acquire Bear...as JR said they were in talks to get Bear for months before it finally happened. Team should have moved out an older player like Pearson instead...just another mistake just from the new regime this time, but they have a long way to go before they are Benning bad!!!

3 hours ago, -DLC- said:

Frail isn't really the right word though....he was a warrior, really. I mean he's had surgery for a torn labrum and is STILL out there throwing himself directly in front of pucks. Twice that I saw.

Injuries were the sign of the willingness he had to sacrifice his body for a win. Like he did last night. sigh

Frail in meaning injury prone...

No disagreement in Tanev being a warrior, but the main reasons so many had him in trade proposal was he was out for substantial times during most seasons.

I have never called for Tanev to be dumped, and I don't believe in this age stuff, posted here all the time. Yes players get older, but should be ok until 32-33 in general.

While injuries are part and parcels of hockey, some players just tend to get more injuries as others, and the more injuries you have, the more likely you are to slow down with age.

But in Tanevs case that is just not the case... 

Good for him. I wish him nothing but the best as we had a get servant here, who never complained but just got the job done. I think its more likely to be the case now, for a lot of fans to realise that not everything can be measured in goals and assists...

9 hours ago, J-23 said:

Hitting has no correlation as to why a team is the worst or best in the league.

Tkachuk gets a pass cause he plays on a bad team, but Bo doesn’t when he plays on an even worse team. Contradicting much, but whatever pushes the argument.

Tkachuk averages 270 hits a year so who said anything about him getting a pass?  He hits, fights, scores goals, sticks up for his teammates and leads by example. Perfect player to be a captain.  Reminds me of Trevor Linden in his prime. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, stawns said:

I don't have a lot of faith that this management group can pull this off.  I feel like they're going to look for the easiet path, rather than the right path.

That's what it looks like... they don't walk the way they talk.... 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Tkachuk averages 270 hits a year so who said anything about him getting a pass?  He hits, fights, scores goals, sticks up for his teammates and leads by example. Perfect player to be a captain.  Reminds me of Trevor Linden in his prime. 

What a gawd awful take on Horvat