The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Boston Bruins | Nov. 13, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, stawns said:

They're going to have to take cap back on every deal, there's no escaping that.  Some will be old guys on expiring deals, some will be guys who the Canucks will need to step into important positions on the team.  Believing that this is going to be a stockpiling picks "rebuild" is setting up for disappointment, imo.

This, even the Boeser/Garland/Myers deals if they were to happen will have a salary or 2 coming back. 

• There it is 1

3 minutes ago, Zerofaith said:

I have a jersey signed by Burr and a draft year Bo jersey and a bunch of other memorabilia FS. Make me an offer.  This team has lost the privilege of having fans continue to show up for this team. Embarrassing. 

Not an airport, you don't need to announce your departure. 

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Miller for Severson, Bahl, Clarke. Adds to the prospect pool can add or trade in a pick.

Boeser/Garland for a prospect/pick package

Myers for pick/s

On what planet are these not moves with future benefits? And fills a nesd in adding a legit top 4 dman. 

I dont mind that severson trade, But i flip him at the TDL. :P I want to move out those guys was well. We all know our cap situation is bunk till the 24' offseason. In that timeframe I'd much rather focus adding to the future of this team rather then focusing on the now when we are in no man's land as it is.

I would be moving out nearly anyone with good value for 23' / 24' picks + ready now prospects. Focusing big on creating cap space without spending futures to do so. Followed by using that capspace to take on cap dumps + picks. ( any term must end by 24' off season ) 

If we can be creative enough to just scrap the pieces around EP and Hughes, We can still fix this in a 2 year span. Could have upwards of 6 picks in the first 2 rounds this year and possibly another 4+ next year if we just commit to moving our guys who have value. I just see no point in adding severson while we are at the bottom with nearly nothing in the pipeline to keep the additions and Improvements going

• Cheers 2

35 minutes ago, stawns said:

They're going to have to take cap back on every deal, there's no escaping that.  Some will be old guys on expiring deals, some will be guys who the Canucks will need to step into important positions on the team.  Believing that this is going to be a stockpiling picks "rebuild" is setting up for disappointment, imo.

Yeah of course. Turning any term into less should be the goal. We are wasting cap till 24/25 season just letting things end naturally. I feel it best to utilize this downtime to build up the organizational depth as much as possible before we ascend. The sample size is long enough to show this group is not worth investing in anymore. Alot of good pieces but it just does not work here. 

We all know a small percentage actually pan out, But at the very least we are adding valuable assets to the club. They make the team, or they are trade bait for higher end player to complement our core during that 24' off season. It also fits the 2/3 year timeline JR talked about when joining us ^_^

• There it is 1

21 minutes ago, Zerofaith said:

I have a jersey signed by Burr and a draft year Bo jersey and a bunch of other memorabilia FS. Make me an offer.  This team has lost the privilege of having fans continue to show up for this team. Embarrassing. 

Try posting here, you'll get more bites

Reddit gets way more hockey traffic https://www.reddit.com/r/canucks/

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

youre clearly not paying attention. 

I am!  I’ve noticed that he is only a minus one despite logging huge minutes for a team that has conceded the second most goals of any team in the league.  He has also continued to reduce his giveaways.  

Haha!  Yeah… he totally can’t defend at all!  

• Cheers 3

5 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

I think you're completely out to lunch. Big time lol. Maintaining and mitigating the toll on an NHL body is a very real thing and just shows you know very little about NHL hockey. Is Kesler a pussy too because he sure went through steps to save his body from the pounding he took?

There are a lot of things wrong with this team. Bo being soft is not one of them. Hello, he's one of the only bright spots on the team. Sorry that's just clueless analysis.

Kessler played a tough game and was a huge reason his teams made the playoffs and went far in the playoffs. He had to mitigate the toll on his body. 

Bo’s the leader and has led this team into being a bunch of soft bend over and take it “pussy’s” just like you said. Hes the biggest player in the NHL who has gone the most games without throwing a hit.

Thats not the kind of leader that takes a team to the NHL playoffs and beyond.

Ill be happier than a pig in shit when Soft as butter Bo is traded. 

• Haha 1
  • There it is 1