The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] November 15 2022 - Vancouver Canucks @ Buffalo Sabres - 4:00pm PT/7:00pm ET - KeyBank Centre

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

6 minutes ago, Roberts said:

If Martin steals the show and becomes the Canucks #1, do you think they have to trade Demko? I bet a team would be willing to give a lot for him despite him not having a great year so far. I think he's proven himself outside of this season. Not saying they should trade demko at all, just wondering if it makes any sense.

I like Martin a lot, and he has been very successful for us so far. But I don't think he is fast enough in his lateral movement to be a starter. Unless he develops further under Ian Clark.  As for Demko, I didn't realize until recently that he had quite a number of surgeries.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roberts said:

If Martin steals the show and becomes the Canucks #1, do you think they have to trade Demko? I bet a team would be willing to give a lot for him despite him not having a great year so far. I think he's proven himself outside of this season. Not saying they should trade demko at all, just wondering if it makes any sense.

That would be asking for trouble. If we really wanted to tank (and we should) then yes. He's a good goalie but that would really thin us out.

We do have a Latvian goalie prospect 

5 minutes ago, R3aL said:

This is where I’m at like this kid should have been dominating in the AHL. Ironing out his defensive issues and being in a better environment and playing in all situations/big moments.

not sure if he’s ruined but we are making it messier 

Send him to Abby, pair him with my boy, LK, in all situations and let them develop like Kess & Burr with the Moose (and Bones could be their Bieksa)

7 minutes ago, Dannydog said:

You’d keep Oel over having his cap freed up for a RD and left over cap?

Then we’d need a strong LHD which *gasp* sounds like OEL. 

OEL is not our issue on defense and honestly you’re a moron if you think he is. 

We need depth on defense, not just losing our best defenseman for nothing. 

I have said numerous times on here move Miller for a package like Severson, Bahl/Clarke, pick/s.