The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Buffalo Sabres | Nov. 15, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

20 hours ago, tas said:

I dunno, to me you just kinda come across dumb when you phrase it that way. saying the opposite of what's accurate doesn't make it more impactful, it makes it dumb. 

Don't forget I proactively added in a small disclaimer " (736 is the very worst in the entire National Hockey league)" in my initial post to be clear how the rankings were pressented to avoid "somebody" coming back and saying something like "shouldn't he actually be 722nd BEST? 722nd worst implies there are 721 players worse than him."   Not sure if you noticed that!  

Cheers!

Edited by RU SERIOUS

7 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

oh, you mean like the NBA's frozen envelope scandal that gifted Ewing to the troubled Knicks?

No.  I hope you were being sarcastic.

The NBA is full of crooks from top to bottom including the refs.

A high percentage of the players actually have criminal records.

According to Google, "the NBA has around 400 players, and about 40% of them have a police record involving a serious crime."Oct 10, 2022

That 40% is just convictions involving a serious crime; so more than 40% have a police record.

Their refs were caught in cheating too.

11 hours ago, FaninMex said:

That is what I have been saying about having Hughes on PP1. Hughes only shoots if it is a slapper and he usually has his shot blocked. OEL gets his shots through and he uses little wristers that then cause havoc. Hughes needs to learn that.

I was thinking HUghes only uses his muffin.

not sure it qualifies as a slapper really

hah

He passed up a slapper against Buffalo, and passed

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, hammertime said:

I really like OEL he plays the right way and is a consummate pro If we are truly in a rebuild I'm fine having him here as a lightning rod for criticism while bringing along a young D core. 

We are going to get some D prospects in the system right??  we can deal with OEL later. 

I think we retain this year on Miller and hope to get a late 1st and a prospect. I also think Miller crushes it in the playoffs with his new team. 

I think we could maybe move Brock with shorter bad money coming back for a pick late 2nd or early 3rd is it worth it? I think Brock stays for the time being until we can get a better deal. I doubt we retain. 

Bo sure we could get a haul I dont think we trade him unless the return is staggering. 

I agree

the thing with Bo is, he could well be this years Johnny Gudreau

there is no reason to think that he won't leave July 1

I really think they should replace the GM first

I don't see any sign that Alvin has the chops to get this done

I also kind of wonder what the Chipmunks are feeling about this ride they are on?

34 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I get it. There will always be questions no matter how they do it but taking it behind closed doors makes it worse not better.

Add in the cardinal sin of turning something that should be an exciting event into something totally boring and cringeworthy. 

I dunno, at this point I'd take the "boring" AV hockey years that had us winning the division over the high scoring mess we're seeing now.. :ph34r:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

Good point. It's utterly ridiculous that a multi million dollar company would put their entire livelihood on the line to cheat the public right in front of their eyes in a big scam. Rich people don't get rich by being complete morons.

Interested Kim Kardashian GIF

I beg to differ. I actively try to avoid pop culture and I feel like I could easily start listing people who are rich, and not because of talent or intelligence.

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, VforVasili said:

I take it you weren't around back then? 

The team spent years after AV's final time with the team saying that they wanted the team to play a more exciting style of hockey and for multiple coach hires they said that the main goal was to play that style. Fans had expressed frustration with the boring defensive style.

My point is that many years later, that is at the philosophical root of how this team was built, and it really doesn't work. 

I been around since they traded for Gary Smith

I recall wanting to get rid of the Country Club atmosphere ( that is when that term originated in Vancouver)

I recall wanting to stop signing NTCs and NMCs as it was creating said CC atmosphere  

I remember jokes about AV "protecting the tie" etc

and overall I was not sad when AV went, but I (not too concerned about others) thought the team was done after the 2013 playoffs 

Torts was brought in to disrupt the CC atmosphere, which he did, but the Hallway brawl sank him

but to a degree I agree that some fans have said they would put up with a bad team if it was exciting

but there were also fans who agreed with every move Ol Jimmer made, and defended them all with statements like, "I understand what he is doing... filling the age gap, NHL ready prospects... veteran leadership"

they are probably the same fans

4 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

What? And give up all this cringeworthy?

If you don’t laugh you’ll cry….sigh.

I started laughing last season after we spiraled early and I haven't stopped

Some are def crying though, but if they think they're upset now.. :bigblush:

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 3

16 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I dunno, at this point I'd take the "boring" AV hockey years that had us winning the division over the high scoring mess we're seeing now.. :ph34r:

but  the question is, who plays those roles?

? = Alex Burrows?

? = Kesler?

? = Malhotra?

? = Hamhius?

?= Bieksa? 

?= Samuelsson?

? = Hansen?

Schenn = Rome or maybe he more acurately = Edler (with fists)

2020 Pearson =ed HIggins, but 2022 Pearson = 2016 HIggins

Garland = MayRay

everybody else = David Booth

51 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Don't forget I proactively added in a small disclaimer " (736 is the very worst in the entire National Hockey league)" in my initial post to be clear how the rankings were pressented to avoid "somebody" coming back and saying something like "shouldn't he actually be 722nd BEST? 722nd worst implies there are 721 players worse than him."   Not sure if you noticed that!  

Cheers!

a disclaimer stating that you're consciously phrasing your post in a dumb, completely wrong way is also kinda dumb. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, lmm said:

but  the question is, who plays those roles?

? = Alex Burrows?

? = Kesler?

? = Malhotra?

? = Hamhius?

?= Bieksa? 

?= Samuelsson?

? = Hansen?

Schenn = Rome or maybe he more acurately = Edler (with fists)

2020 Pearson =ed HIggins, but 2022 Pearson = 2016 HIggins

Garland = MayRay

everybody else = David Booth

Nobody, we have a team that resembles those teams back then. 

We don't have a Burrows, we definitely don't have a Kesler. A Malhotra? We don't even have a legit 3C. 

Hamhuis? Maybe OEL. Bieksa? Yeah, maybe if you had Schenn and Hughes fuse. 

Samuelsson? Could maybe make an argument for Miller. Hansen? I don't see one. 

OEL's probably the closest we've got to Edler too. 

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1