The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOUR] Vancouver and Columbus in trade talks

I think one of Miller or Horvat is all but gone 

I do not think CBJ trade Johnson, Juricek, Sillinger or their 2023 1st.............I think they are all but locked up

That is not to say that CBJ do not have some other nice pieces.............aka, Ceulemans, 2024-1st, 2023-2nd, rights to Tessier, and or Peeke

We also know we need to clear cap, so I think one of Bo or Miller, and one of Boeser or Garland

That clears between 11 to 12 Million off the books, minus any cap dumps coming back

But I could see a futures deal from Columbus

The question is which one of Garland or Boeser go, and what is the return?

8 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

I think one of Miller or Horvat is all but gone 

I do not think CBJ trade Johnson, Juricek, Sillinger or their 2023 1st.............I think they are all but locked up

That is not to say that CBJ do not have some other nice pieces.............aka, Ceulemans, 2024-1st, 2023-2nd, rights to Tessier, and or Peeke

We also know we need to clear cap, so I think one of Bo or Miller, and one of Boeser or Garland

That clears between 11 to 12 Million off the books, minus any cap dumps coming back

But I could see a futures deal from Columbus

Futures deal?  With our owner?  Not happening.  It should, but he will not allow that type of trade. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Johnson, Juricek, Sillinger or their 2023 1st

LOL. that would be all who I'd be interested in. Gotta give to get. 

And my preference is to trade Miller before the new deal kicks in, and pitch it to another team that he's cost controlled for the rest of his career. Especially when the cap rises. Sign Horvat and keep him, move out the junk that is Pearson, Myers, etc for hockey trades with those guys. They do have value to contending teams closer to the playoffs. 

I could see a Rathbone for Peeke deal

Peeke, 24 years old, RHD. for Rathbone, 23 years old, LHD. 

I'd make that deal in a heartbeat and wish Jack the best in CBJ. I think he could thrive there for sure. 

Garland I think could net an okay return, probably in the form of either prospects or picks or a combination. But I can't see grade A prospects or grade A picks coming back to Van for Garland. We're not dealing with Benning on the other side. 

Boeser right now has such low value, can't even see another team offering a 2nd round pick for Brock. I'm willing to bet that other teams are circling the Canucks, offering late round picks for Brock. He doesn't have a single goal, and yet he's just about a point per game player this season, how the hell does that make sense? Brock's inability to remain healthy is a huge asterisk on the player. He isn't the same guy, but Allvin and Rutherford believed that he was. 

I'm losing more and more confidence in Allvin and Rutherford's ability to steer this organization to respect. How come media hasn't asked the hard hard questions to these men? 

3 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Garland I think could net an okay return, probably in the form of either prospects or picks or a combination. But I can't see grade A prospects or grade A picks coming back to Van for Garland. We're not dealing with Benning on the other side. 

Boeser right now has such low value, can't even see another team offering a 2nd round pick for Brock. I'm willing to bet that other teams are circling the Canucks, offering late round picks for Brock. He doesn't have a single goal, and yet he's just about a point per game player this season, how the hell does that make sense? Brock's inability to remain healthy is a huge asterisk on the player. He isn't the same guy, but Allvin and Rutherford believed that he was. 

I'm losing more and more confidence in Allvin and Rutherford's ability to steer this organization to respect. How come media hasn't asked the hard hard questions to these men? 

brock.PNG.4c4bb2a1c3ee8bd649ae7cb940875920.PNG

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Can you say our owner is directing what management is allowed to do?  I knew you could.  Gillis followed our owner’s direction to sacrifice the future in hopes to win now, and was successful.  Those were great years for us.  Then, when our most successful ?GM in team history (not arguable; his teams were our most successful) tells the owner we need to rebuild, our owner fires him.  Clearly our owner only want management that will follow his directive to “win now”.  And “no steps back”.

only an idiot fires the best manager he’s ever had becaus3 that manager has the character to state what “needs to be done”.

12 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

If you trade one of Horvat/Miller than Boeser's ice time and role would increase. Probably leading to more goals. Currently playing at an all-time low in ice time thus far this year. 

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Can you say our owner is directing what management is allowed to do?  I knew you could.  Gillis followed our owner’s direction to sacrifice the future in hopes to win now, and was successful.  Those were great years for us.  Then, when our most successful ?GM in team history (not arguable; his teams were our most successful) tells the owner we need to rebuild, our owner fires him.  Clearly our owner only want management that will follow his directive to “win now”.  And “no steps back”.

only an idiot fires the best manager he’s ever had becaus3 that manager has the character to state what “needs to be done”.

Burke and Nonis were both far better than Gillis, who is the worst GM in the history of the franchise and proved himself to be grossly incompetent.  While we did need a rebuild, there was no reason to allow Gillis to cause further destruction on the franchise.  Just because Benning couldn't clean up his mess does not meant that Gillis was fit for any kind of job in hockey ops.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

If you trade one of Horvat/Miller than Boeser's ice time and role would increase. Probably leading to more goals. Currently playing at an all-time low in ice time thus far this year. 

Chicken & egg. Boeser looked about 4 steps behind to start the season leading into that reduced role. He has looked better since returning from his latest stint on IR but it’s still hard to believe he’s outperforming his career average PPG this season.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Burke and Nonis were both far better than Gillis, who is the worst GM in the history of the franchise and proved himself to be grossly incompetent.  While we did need a rebuild, there was no reason to allow Gillis to cause further destruction on the franchise.  Just because Benning couldn't clean up his mess does not meant that Gillis was fit for any kind of job in hockey ops.

Love you KiNg.  But you’re wrong on this.  It’s fact our Gillis teams were our most successful ever.  Presidents trophies and Cup 

Final game seven.  Plus his teams were considered favourites by many.  I can’t think of another era where Canucks teams were both that successful and that well thought of.  If you can then show me.  Otherwise just accept that Gillis was the GM of our most successful teams.  And our owner was stupido to fire him.  

• Like 1