The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOUR] Vancouver and Columbus in trade talks

19 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Well I think the trade is.............

Horvat (5.50 Million), Rathbone (.850) and Pearson (3.25 Million) = 9.600 Million    (Rathbone sent down to Columbus farm team)  = $8.750 cap for Columbus

for

*Voracek (8.250 Million X 2) , Johnson (.925 Million) and Ceulemans (NCAA) = 9.125 Million

Canucks cap space after trade according to Capfriendly = $1,352,083

Canucks trade Voracek at 50% for additional savings of = $4,125,000

Total Canuck Cap space created by trade = $5,477,083

Note* Columbus can clear all 2023-2024 unwanted cap space by moving Pearson at TDL or the summer.

Note** Columbus keeps Jiricek and their 2023 1st 

why would horvat ever sign with CBJ 

they suck they are similar to us. he wasted half his career playing for a go nowhere organization why would he ever choose to go to another one. 
 so  instead waiting and going to almost any team he wants he’s picking CBJ…. I just don’t see it. 

Cbj isn’t giving up anything for a rental this season

Edited by combover
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, cripplereh said:

Makes more sense to us making two maybe three trades to right the ship.If we can't then stay on course trade more and rebuild.

The thing is the question I’ve been asking myself a lot lately doesn’t revolve around the quality of players we have here. It’s the mix. The chemistry. Something fundamentally a little off at the core of it all.  Have we grown complacent and overly attached to these supposed core pieces? It just feels to me like things are gonna get blown up here soon.

39 minutes ago, combover said:

they suck they are similar to us. he wasted half his career playing for a go nowhere organization why would he ever choose to go to another one. 
 so  instead waiting and going to almost any team he wants he’s picking CBJ…. I just don’t see it. 

kfsibhcmsztjbc13ygtm.gif

Columbus

Peeke 24 - RD - 6'3 - 20--23 minute guy -- ELC 875,000 - then 3 yrs X 2.7 million

Roslovic 25 - C - 6'1 -- GP 48--- 34 points 2019-20. ---- 2020-21 GP 81 - 22 G - -  45 points. ---- 2 yrs  x 4 million

3rd rounder 2023

Vancouver

Horvat 27 - C

Rathbone 23 -LD

12 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I could see something like:

to CBJ - (C) Bo Horvat and (LD) Jack Rathbone

to VAN - (C) Jack Roslovic, (LD/RD) Jake Bean and 4th

I could see  Roslovic 25 - 6'1 C -- Peeke 25 RD- 6'3 -- 20--23 min  -- 3rd rounder 2023

Horvat - C  - Rathbone 23 -LD

43 minutes ago, combover said:

Bo will be 28 at the end of this season, and can sign a 8 year deal with the club holding his rights.........if he is offered anywhere near Millers deal, it would be done before he is traded, or just after, but the leg work would be done before the deal.

If given a choice between Horvat and Miller, just solely on age, I take Horvat. Better defensively, and better on the draw.......if given choice Columbus takes Horvat

All so, Columbus is close (334 miles) to London, Ontario, which is not really a long way, and that is a guaranteed distance, where as his best offers may come from further away. If anything, there is just no guarantee that any offers come from any winning program, as Most, if not all winning programs, would have to clear $8,000,000 in cap space, where as a trade can be cap neutral, they are easier to do. (As we all know, moving cap cost assets or some sort, or alot of money on buyouts, something I do not feel Horvat is worth)

So, yes, you maybe right, and I may be crazy, but...........I think Horvat would sign with the team that trades for him, because they do not pull the gun, unless they know they can sign him long term, which they can only know if the Canucks let them do it.

"IF" Columbus truly wants him, they know approx. how much he wants, and are willing to pay..........."IF" it is in fact true..........?????

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, combover said:

So how many Stanley Cup contenders will have $8 million in free cap space to sign Horvat in the summer?  It's easy to say he will just sign with a contender.  Which contender right now has the cap space to add him to their roster next summer?

• Cheers 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

So how many Stanley Cup contenders will have $8 million in free cap space to sign Horvat in the summer?  It's easy to say he will just sign with a contender.  Which contender right now has the cap space to add him to their roster next summer?

Maybe he signs 2 to 3 one year deals to try to win a cup before a 3 to 4 year retirement deal.

16 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Bo will be 28 at the end of this season, and can sign a 8 year deal with the club holding his rights.........if he is offered anywhere near Millers deal, it would be done before he is traded, or just after, but the leg work would be done before the deal.

If given a choice between Horvat and Miller, just solely on age, I take Horvat. Better defensively, and better on the draw.......if given choice Columbus takes Horvat

All so, Columbus is close (334 miles) to London, Ontario, which is not really a long way, and that is a guaranteed distance, where as his best offers may come from further away. If anything, there is just no guarantee that any offers come from any winning program, as Most, if not all winning programs, would have to clear $8,000,000 in cap space, where as a trade can be cap neutral, they are easier to do. (As we all know, moving cap cost assets or some sort, or alot of money on buyouts, something I do not feel Horvat is worth)

So, yes, you maybe right, and I may be crazy, but...........I think Horvat would sign with the team that trades for him, because they do not pull the gun, unless they know they can sign him long term, which they can only know if the Canucks let them do it.

"IF" Columbus truly wants him, they know approx. how much he wants, and are willing to pay..........."IF" it is in fact true..........?????

Agreed 100% Jan.  If Columbus offers Horvat an 8x8 deal why would he turn that down?  Makes no sense.  It's not like there are 10-15 teams out there with millions in cap space.  How many offers did little Johnny get in the summer?  Kadri?

• Cheers 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Why would Horvat sign a short term deal just to win a cup?  He's looking for a retirement deal like everyone else.  And I don't blame him either...

Every players goal is a cup no matter unless you are European then seems more for the money.

Just now, cripplereh said:

Maybe he signs 2 to 3 one year deals to try to win a cup before a 3 to 4 year retirement deal.

Risky IMO

And it still requires 8 million..............

there are only 3 teams..............Arizona, Anahiem, and Buffalo with Cap to spend over 8 Million

But he would not even know if they wanted him until he was a UFA..........again..........big risk!

And none of those teams are close to contending..........

Or he can sign with a team that wants him, and is close to his family..........IMO he would have to give that serious consideration 

• Upvote 1

Just now, The King of Kings said:

If his agent ever let his client to think that way, I wonder how that agent could survive in this business.

That is funny as agents have many players signed.  

Guess no ufa wants to win anymore according to most.They just want a payday.

Just now, cripplereh said:

That is funny as agents have many players signed.  

Guess no ufa wants to win anymore according to most.They just want a payday.

#1. The cup is very illusive for 1 thing, better to part of the solution

#2. Columbus has a very good stable of young players, even after offering up a few

#3. Columbus is riddle with injuries

#4. Ridding themselves of Voracek, while adding Horvat has huge value to Columbus