The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vegas Golden Knights at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 21, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, CanucksJay said:

Well to be honest I'm glad this happened. This team is what it is. 

Anyone who believes this team can get it done probably doesn't exist anymore. All we can hope for now is that the players keep scoring goals and pad their stats so we can unload them before the deadline. 

This team can get it done still.  They just need better goaltending from Demko.  Their record would be so much better if he was playing like he did last year.  And last I checked, the goaltender is part of the team.  He's letting too many rebounds and he's not tracking the puck well.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, combover said:

So what was the problem with the last two coaches? 
Players are the problem. 

but I think Bruce is done because that’s the easiest move.

yeo wont be head coach next year. 
but how many coaches can you pay to not coach here. lol

Last year Green actually had them playing alot stronger defensively than the prior year, they just couldn't kill a penalty & it sank their season. (Pettersson also was MIA)

Willie is irrelevant as it was an entirely different team, but they did make the playoffs under him.

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Does everyone understand none of this is demko's fault................none of it

Check out Demkos’ fancy stats and you have your answer. He’s on pace for the worst in history. If we can use fancy stats Corsi and all that crap then it can be done for the goalie. It’s bad, real bad. But I can tell you I’m not an idiot fan either thinking he should be traded or that he isn’t a great goalie. He is, he’s just struggling mightily 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Viper007 said:

This team can get it done still.  They just need better goaltending from Demko.  Their record would be so much better if he was playing like he did last year.  And last I checked, the goaltender is part of the team.  He's letting too many rebounds and he's not tracking the puck well.

It's the defensive unit and the forwards defensive habits. Coaching and utility. Not the right tools for the coach.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Viper007 said:

Ya it has nothing to do with the pitiful d in front of him. That d is atrocious.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, fanfor42 said:

Let's stop pretending Demko has been anything other than terrible this year.  With any one else in net we would have a better record.

It is the height of homer glasses to keep ignoring his actual play and making excuses for it.

Everything is not the defense's fault partner.  When your goalie plays this poorly it absolutely kills your team and that is what is happening.

look 42, no one is saying demko is playing good, but those goals are all goals in the slot area, which are high percentage scoring area's

We do not have defensemen and te forwards are not defensively aware

Yes we can score goals, we just can prevent them, when there is pressure

It is Team...................all of them!

• Upvote 1

Just now, Viper007 said:

7 games we lost where we were up by 2. Add those to the win column and we are golden and having a different conversation. 

They are a much better team except that they get 2 goals and start to meltdown. It is some sort of mental collapse. 

20 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Name a respectable Oiler.  I'm just saying that maybe Kuz didn't want to play on a team that disgraces the sport every night, plays in a hellhole of a city, and has a locker room cancer wearing the C.

Messier :bigblush:

3 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

Demko has not been good but the team gives up far too many good chances per game. It has been an ongoing problem for years. Demko over the last 1 1/2 seasons and previously Markstrom (under Clark) managed to keep things respectable. Right now we're seeing how bad things can get with average or subpar goaltending.  Demko getting on a roll may help with results but it won't address the fact that this team does not know how to lock games down for one reason or another.  Teams that can do that AND have good goaltending may still be able to win even with lesser scoring punch.

Martin has started 6 games and is 4-1-1.

Next.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Devron said:

Check out Demkos’ fancy stats and you have your answer. He’s on pace for the worst in history. If we can use fancy stats Corsi and all that crap then it can be done for the goalie. It’s bad, real bad. But I can tell you I’m not an idiot fan either thinking he should be traded or that he isn’t a great goalie. He is, he’s just struggling mightily 

You are not looking at what I was commenting on, which was the shooting and scoring stats

Demko is sucking...............but those stats, like his, do not lie

This is starting to look like the pre-McDavid oilers.  Went through multiple coaches, Players that were once considered core players were moved because they started to age out.  Just a wrong mix of players.  Not enough grit and defence - it still plagues them today. You could put prime Al Arbour or Scotty Bowman behind the bench results would have been the same. 

Same problem here.

You can add Bedard to this mess, unless they get some shut down forwards and an upgrade on 3 of the top 4 d its going to be a struggle.

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

look 42, no one is saying demko is playing good, but those goals are all goals in the slot area, which are high percentage scoring area's

We do not have defensemen and te forwards are not defensively aware

Yes we can score goals, we just can prevent them, when there is pressure

It is Team...................all of them!

Martin says 4-1-1.

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

Well to be honest I'm glad this happened. This team is what it is. 

Anyone who believes this team can get it done probably doesn't exist anymore. All we can hope for now is that the players keep scoring goals and pad their stats so we can unload them before the deadline. 

I started to fast forward the game after the 3rd LV goal. The results were written.

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ya it has nothing to do with the pitiful d in front of him. That d is atrocious.

Again, if Demko was the Demko from last year, the plays in front of him don't even need to happen.  He stops the puck and doesn't let the rebound out.  He tracks the puck well and makes the saves.  The Canucks are a team that is suppose to have their strength as scoring and goaltending.  Most teams don't have all 3.  Right now, the Canucks only have 1 strength.

1 minute ago, Darius said:

This is starting to look like the pre-McDavid oilers.  Went through multiple coaches, Players that were once considered core players were moved because they started to age out.  Just a wrong mix of players.  Not enough grit and defence - it still plagues them today. You could put prime Al Arbour or Scotty Bowman behind the bench results would have been the same. 

Same problem here.

You can add Bedard to this mess, unless they get some shut down forwards and an upgrade on 3 of the top 4 d its going to be a struggle.

Add Bedard; start trading forwards for defenders. Over compensate on defenders if need be.