The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at San Jose Sharks | Nov. 27, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, fanfor42 said:

ok partner...Kessel was 25 in 2011/12 those were years the Canucks scored the most goals in their history.  Lol.  You just don't make any sense but thanks for coming out.

What? I don’t think you’re the one making any sense. What does the Canucks scoring in 2011/12 have anything to do with anything? League scoring was lower than it is now LOL. This has nothing to do with Boeser’s performance. 

thanks for coming out.

1 hour ago, fanfor42 said:

The comparison is that both players were maligned at times in their careers but at age 25 were very similar stats wise.  Kessel then took off after age 25 for several years..

The point is that Boeser could very easily have several big years coming up just like Kessel did between 25 and 30.  People need to remember that Kessel used to be hacked on like Boeser and he then became a very good player who went on to win cups.

He won multiple cups because he dominated on the third line with Bonino LOL. Don’t make it seem like he lead the charge on those cup runs. 

yes plenty of players change from 25-30, but a lot of players also don’t. With his injury history it might be best he gets a change in scenery as we can use the cap space for the rest of the team

“thanks for coming out”

With not many b2bs in a while, I hope Martin gets the run of the games and maybe we wheel out Demko if Martin loses one of the next 3, or the Arizona or next SJS game? He hasn't done enough to steal the starter role back and I wouldn't trust him against Washington or Florida.

I know they're below the playoff bar but that makes things worse - Florida and Washington will be desperate for wins, they'll be 2 very tough games and the West has been owned by the East this year.

1 hour ago, saucypass said:

He won multiple cups because he dominated on the third line with Bonino LOL. Don’t make it seem like he lead the charge on those cup runs. 

yes plenty of players change from 25-30, but a lot of players also don’t. With his injury history it might be best he gets a change in scenery as we can use the cap space for the rest of the team

“thanks for coming out”

I don't think you are well. Take care my friend and I think I will leave it at that.

2 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

I don't think you are well. Take care my friend and I think I will leave it at that.

No you’re right, I’m not well. I think Brock Boeser will be just as good as Phil Kessel. Look at their points historically. They’re both fast skating snipers with an Ironman record. Super comparable. These opinions make me really sick in the head. Someone please get me help and a straightjacket 

3 hours ago, eeeeergh said:

If you're 25-30, and your main circle isn't frequently discussing:

~ Loui Eriksson
~ Riley “tankmaster general” stillman 
~ How dangerous triscuits are to Brent Sopel’s health  
~ Jayce Hawryluk (our lord and saviour) 

And is instead discussing:

~ The economy 
~ Phil Kessel/Brock Boeser

Then it's time to elevate your circle

The Voice Tv Show GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHYEEEEEEERGH!!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, cripplereh said:

Well we might have one or two rhd coming next year do at tdl if there is interest in Myers we might have to take a bad contract for the rest of the season clearing cap for next year. 

I think a BB trade needs to happen and Pearson maybe with Rathbone for a sweetener as he isn't getting time here so win win.  

That way we clear cap for Kuz,Bo and EP.

Hope they keep the cap space and not do anything stupid.

A rhd like Baer would be welcome. Or 2 if Myers goes. 

There needs to be a decent clear out amongst our wingers, to make room for Bo and Kuz to start with. 
A year down the line its the EP extension ( but by then we'll at least know, how much the cap has increased)...

Have a feeling we won't get as much as we hope for, when the clear out starts, as other teams will know our problems as well, and be waiting to pounce on Bo or Kuz, if we 'run out of time'....

Its a good problem though. Having too many good players can never be a bad thing. 

Management is not going to let this team sink for Bedard, now they have started to score goals... so might as well enjoy it. 

It could be a dark summer though, if we

are out of the Bedard (top 3) sweepstakes, miss the play offs, (get dumped in the first rnd) and lose Horvat and/or Kuz for nothing, because we're chasing the dream....

Then management should be sacked for incompetance. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

7 hours ago, stawns said:

Myers might be somewhat attractive on his expiring contract year as opposed to this tdl.  For better or worse, the Canucks are probably best letting his contract roll over to next season and try to move him.

Same with Pearson, why waste a prospect just to get rid of him? That makes no sense

Get a better pick like a third in this next draft.

9 hours ago, ilduce39 said:

Between Garland or Boeser, I move Boeser.  

I like the edge Garland brings even if he is a smurfaroo. 

More than happy to keep either, though.  So for me potential returns would factor in.

Move them both...cap space for Bo & Kuz. 
and maybe a better RHD

• Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

7 hours ago, spook007 said:

A rhd like Baer would be welcome. Or 2 if Myers goes. 

There needs to be a decent clear out amongst our wingers, to make room for Bo and Kuz to start with. 
A year down the line its the EP extension ( but by then we'll at least know, how much the cap has increased)...

Have a feeling we won't get as much as we hope for, when the clear out starts, as other teams will know our problems as well, and be waiting to pounce on Bo or Kuz, if we 'run out of time'....

Its a good problem though. Having too many good players can never be a bad thing. 

Management is not going to let this team sink for Bedard, now they have started to score goals... so might as well enjoy it. 

It could be a dark summer though, if we

are out of the Bedard (top 3) sweepstakes, miss the play offs, (get dumped in the first rnd) and lose Horvat and/or Kuz for nothing, because we're chasing the dream....

Then management should be sacked for incompetance. 

If we make the playoffs and take say COL to 6-7 games it's ok.   We should be starting a run of playoffs now.    What is unacceptable to me is just stating the course with our current D structure, we need to either sign a UFA this summer or make a trade.   This summer is fine IF these guys make the show with the D as is.   Horvat is the key right now that needs to be used either way.   Trade him if he's not re-signed, regardless if we are in a decent spot.   Unless by some miracle, we are 1-2 in the conference but that's not happening.   

Worst case for me is JR proving he's all wind.   And Horvat is kept because we are in the mix for a wild card spot (and he walks..that's a fireable thing ..  all wind indeed!).  

Regardless this team needs to make a trade at any time - when it's available,  create cap flexibility for the TDL and the off season.     Severson will be available ... sure he could play with either OEL or QHs and make a solid pairing.    Not that free agency alone is going to fix this.   We need a trade AND a solid free signing.   Bear and Dermott tiny bandaids for what we have ... Bear well maybe a bit more.   Stillman i get that was to dump Dickinson, but beware on that front too (as in just spending money on the next guy to see how it goes, with a second or a free agent).    Seems like they are doing some macaroni art still and throwing stuff on the wall to see if it sticks. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

You won't get enough cap space, imo.  Both deals would almost surely have similar salaries coming back

the salary wouldnt be a problem if its the right player coming back. say a good RHD for 5.5? and if it was an expiring deal on one of them that wouldnt hurt the cap either

Just now, mikeyman109 said:

the salary wouldnt be a problem if its the right player coming back. say a good RHD for 5.5? and if it was an expiring deal on one of them that wouldnt hurt the cap either

Agreed, I don't have an issue with it, but they do need some cap savings in any deal, even if it's a million on a deal.

I'd expect an expiring contract or two as a throw in to make the cap work etc 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, stawns said:

Agreed, I don't have an issue with it, but they do need some cap savings in any deal, even if it's a million on a deal.

I'd expect an expiring contract or two as a throw in to make the cap work etc 

yes I agree with an expiring contract that frees up a bit of money to se on BO or another signing.

44 minutes ago, mikeyman109 said:

yes I agree with an expiring contract that frees up a bit of money to se on BO or another signing.

I don't think they're going to save enough cap to sign Bo and Kuz just by trading a couple of wingers and that's why I think its Bo or Miller.  

4 hours ago, stawns said:

You won't get enough cap space, imo.  Both deals would almost surely have similar salaries coming back

Yes I don't know, what they are going to do, but guess if it is short term ie expiring contract, then the club can absorb it. 
Anything longer and we can kiss Bo and/or Kuz good bye. 
Maybe ship out Myers at the TDL, but again the same issues persists. 

If players like Pearson, Poolman or Stillman are put on waivers, will that give the club any levarage, if they aren't claimed and sent to AHL?