The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nux have given permission for Boeser’s agent to talk to other teams

RWJC

5 minutes ago, brian42 said:

Would be a great move for Boeser to finally get the mentoring for his game from a couple of greats… 

I know that Canucks in the past were trying to get Daniel Heinen here..   but personally I hope this comes back more Defence oriented for us.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

Would be a great move for Boeser to finally get the mentoring for his game from a couple of greats… 

I know that Canucks in the past were trying to get Daniel Heinen here..   but personally I hope this comes back more Defence oriented for us.

Agree too bad their rumored d(Petterson & Joseph) are both left side D-men but better than nothing. 

• Cheers 1

50 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Perhaps the rumours of Boeser to Pittsburgh, rings bells of anxiety for Minnesota?

Damn , Yzerman staying cucumber cold in Detroit ,  and rightfully so .

With Minnesota now adding Nyquist and Johansson - seems pretty apparent that they aren't in on Boeser.  Guerin has said all along they are targeting rentals because they can't take on term + that he doesn't want to spend much because their time isn't now with those buyouts on their books.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

I don’t know if Arizona wants to keep stacking 1st round picks anymore ?

They should be coming out of that phase.… but yes, Hoglander or Rathbone in that spot..

just depends on AZ’s needs.

They sure do.  Armstrong was on Russo's podcast explaining that a rebuild takes between 11 to 14 years.  Says the fastest was Pittsburgh.

He admitted that they are tanking and are trying to get as many high draft picks as possible to accelerate their rebuild.  

Marek says Arizona wants to spend as little as possible - they apparently don't even want to take cap back to facilitate a Chychrun trade.

Edited by mll
  • There it is 1

The thing that makes me wonder about Petterson is that looking at Pittsburgh's stats, he seems to be pretty high up on the depth chart. If the Pens are buyers, it's because they're taking another shot while they've still got Sid, Geno and Letang playing at a high level....With that in mind, I don't see them weakening their defense to add another scorer...

That says to me that it would have to be picks/prospects and the Canucks would have to retain salary.....

10 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Step 1: Boeser retained for Pittsburgh’s 1st

Step 2: PIT & NYI firsts + Lekkerimaki for Chychrun

Step 3: Chychrun plays right side with Hughes

Step 4: profit

1. pitts has 2.090 in cap space, even 50% retained means salary must come back.

2. No

3. See answer 2

4. 4 assets for 1 is a loss.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Perhaps the rumours of Boeser to Pittsburgh, rings bells of anxiety for Minnesota?

Damn , Yzerman staying cucumber cold in Detroit ,  and rightfully so .

Yeah my guess is Stevie Y wants to see if they can get a Larkin deal done first. Before they start making trades. If they even want to make trades. They have a pretty good prospect pool. No reason not to just chill out and let em play.

20 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Step 1: Boeser retained for Pittsburgh’s 1st

Step 2: PIT & NYI firsts + Lekkerimaki for Chychrun

Step 3: Chychrun plays right side with Hughes

Step 4: profit

3 1sts for Chychrun. No thanks. Especially if it's NYI unprotected first next year. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

4 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Yeah my guess is Stevie Y wants to see if they can get a Larkin deal done first. Before they start making trades. If they even want to make trades. They have a pretty good prospect pool. No reason not to just chill out and let em play.

Well Detroit isn't winning the east this year and Stevie probably knows that. Let these guys diminish all of their assets and then strike.