The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nux have given permission for Boeser’s agent to talk to other teams

RWJC

4 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

3 issues with Brock's regression

1. He came in with decent speed and a helluva shot - Canucks/JB made him put on weight - he has slowed down, likely more weight in arms, chest, back, shoulders has altered the shot mechanics

2. Wrist injuries/hand injuries have of course affected his shot, you come into the nhl, its more violent, you get hand injuries and your natural ability/mechanics you had are now altered/affected

3. He has not really added things to his game to make up for a decrease in speed or shot issues - attitude? he has added some decent ability with board battles but his defensive games has been poor which I think is mostly attitude and work ethic.

Brock had a helluva shot when he hit the NHL and he dined out on that and his smarts as a hockey player.  He had a way of arriving in a location where he had scoring chances.  But he never had the speed to give himself the separation that is often necessary to get his shot away.  What he needed to do was to work on his first couple stides over his first summer break.  Unfortunately, he ran into that wrecking ball known as Cal Clutterbuck and damaged his back.  The following season, the kid with the heavy wrister was targeted and he had a series of wrist injuries and his shot hasn't been the same since.

The good news for Brock is that he is still the smart hockey player that he always was I think he still has the ability to put up 30 goals a year which could make him a first line player on almost any team.  

Why is his game off this year?  It's hard to say but he has had more injury issues and then there's the death of his father.  I lost my father 25 years ago now but it took about 2 years for me to feel like my old self.  He could very well be missing Dukey

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Way better player.  It’s not even close.  Bo is a softeroo.  TRADE BO!  It’s time we chang the LOSER culture of our team.  BO MUST GO.  (And Alf loves Bo) 

This season Bo has

more goals

more power play goals

more shorthanded goals

more even strength goals

more points

is playing center

has much better face off percentage

If you had said you like Miller more, or Miller is a better player- I'd have let it slide.

However Miller is NOT 'by far' a better player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

His job is to produce offensively. Expecting outstanding defensive play from him is as stupid as expecting Jay Beagle to also be a 25 goal scorer. 

Produce offense he has not. 4 goals after 1/4 of the season and you guys call him sniper/pure goal scorer. 

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Way better player.  It’s not even close.  Bo is a softeroo.  TRADE BO!  It’s time we chang the LOSER culture of our team.  BO MUST GO.  (And Alf loves Bo) 

This it, leading by being a "Softeroo". How can you lead a team into battle with that attitude, virtually impossible.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

Produce offense he has not. 4 goals after 1/4 of the season and you guys call him sniper/pure goal scorer. 

do the 11 assists not count for you?- also Brock is not quite to the 1/4 season mark, though close.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Gurn said:

This season Bo has

more goals

more power play goals

more shorthanded goals

more even strength goals

more points

is playing center

has much better face off percentage

If you had said you like Miller more, or Miller is a better player- I'd have let it slide.

However Miller is NOT 'by far' a better player.

Emphasis on " THIS SEASON".

10 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

15 points in 19 games is production. I don’t call him just a sniper, his passing is actually very underrated especially from your ilk.