The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nux have given permission for Boeser’s agent to talk to other teams

RWJC

Just now, luckylager said:

I think this is a fair point.

I'd just prefer to see Bo play with his heart on his sleeve. He used to do that ..

But honestly, I can sympathize if he's "emotionally checked out". I don't blame him. He's been failed by management his entire career.

Yours are fair and valid points as well. 

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

There is more to leadership and finishing checks than solely hits. Doesn’t make me delusional. Doesn’t make him less of a leader. Full stop. 

Exhibit "A" ::D

8 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Oh so now body checking is not an important part of hockey? Right?! :lol:

6 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

So you just resort to putting words in someone's mouth then? Show me where the fk I said that? 

Just now, luckylager said:

I think this is a fair point.

I'd just prefer to see Bo play with his heart on his sleeve. He used to do that ..

But honestly, I can sympathize if he's "emotionally checked out". I don't blame him. He's been failed by management his entire career.

If he decides to leave this fanbase I 100% do not blame him. Just hope we get something in return at the deadline. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Someone well spoken, has respect around the league, can lead on and off the ice, working in/with community charities Canuck Place etc. shows up in the playoffs. Bo ticks all those boxes. Is he perfect, no but he does tick all those boxes. 

Tbh, long term…none of this matters. Management has already shown their cards and prioritized Miller over Bo. Due to the season he is having, we won’t be able to afford him, and if he’s as motivation and driven as you think he is, I doubt he would want to resign with the Nucks anyways. I’m personally enjoying his good traits and bad traits while I can because I know there’s a 95% chance he won’t be here next year.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Honestly astounding how many here cry about Bo but defend Miller giving the puck up and bending over and not even move. That is coward shit. 

No sh!t. Making a decision that you don't need to hit a guy in a situation is far different than a player making donkey passes that put's his team in trouble and then completely give up on back checks. These guys are grasping at straws. Bo has never been the type of player that hammers players on checks, he's more cerebral and relies on positioning. Not much different than half the players in the league. Then again Bo was never advertised as a defensive monster either so this isn't news.

• Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

They prioritized the wrong guy. 

Yup. It'll be really interesting how they attempt to fix this blunder. It's almost like they didn't realize they will need a new center when Bo goes. Maybe we get a Center back but it won't be someone of Bo's caliber. A good face-off/PK if we're lucky. Other than that they're going to have to spend wildly again or play JT "don't care" Miller there. It's getting ugly pretty quick here.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

No sh!t. Making a decision that you don't need to hit a guy in a situation is far different than a player making donkey passes that put's his team in trouble and then completely give up on back checks. These guys are grasping at straws. Bo has never been the type of player that hammers players on checks, he's more cerebral and relies on positioning. Not much different than half the players in the league. Then again Bo was never advertised as a defensive monster either so this isn't news.

These are both good examples of defensive play which players making top pay should not be doing. There are some really good offensive players who are defensively responsible, and they tend to be successful. We've seen what our group can do the last couple of seasons.

What is the difference if you don't check McDavid and you let him skate unimpeded to the net? or, you dish him a pass in the slot with a "Donkey pass"?

I don't think you can say one is worse than the other.

I hate to see what this team would look like minus Schenn.::D

• Cheers 2

31 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Lidstrom used other methods to check as does Bo. Saying Bo doesn’t finish checks proves you score sheet watch or don’t actually understand the game. 

Bo. Does.Not.Finish.Checks.

I say that having watched every single Canuck game Bo has played in, either live or recorded. 

• Thanks 1