The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nux have given permission for Boeser’s agent to talk to other teams

RWJC

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Well now we know the truth of it.  Anyone considering our management group, all 11 of them smart; has checked out from reality.

Sign him to a multi year deal at high cap.  Devalue asset by suggesting his agent can talk to whomever because they couldn't get a deal done.  Claim nothing happened.  Have Boeser say no trade was requested.  Then degrade said assets value even further by suggesting they'll take a loss to move him.

Congratulations, like really.  We now know that with JR, Allvin and their handfuls of assistant managers combined.  They are not smarter than the average CDC poster

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Provost said:

He was the one that broke this story that turned out to be right… not sure why you are whinging about it.

This, not sure where the arrogance comments come from too other than Toronto jealousy/envy.

Elliotte even said this podcasts he won’t speak in absolutes with this management group after zero news on JT then him signing moments later. 

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

This, not sure where the arrogance comments come from too other than Toronto jealousy/envy.

Elliotte even said this podcasts he won’t speak in absolutes with this management group after zero news on JT then him signing moments later. 

He’s constantly stirring the pot in this market.

If you can’t see that you’re gullible.

Just now, DeNiro said:

Nope, but big markets get talked about more, everyone he speculated he followed with valid reasons why. It is speculation, but that is his job. I also don’t take everything he says as a slight against us too. 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Nope, but big markets get talked about more, everyone he speculated he followed with valid reasons why. It is speculation, but that is his job. I also don’t take everything he says as a slight against us too. 

Gullible.

I never understood the whole purpose of giving permission for agents to seek a trade.. what’s the agent suppose to do? Call 31 teams ask if they are interested in Boeser? And then oh if you are interested call JR? Like is he suppose to say ya I’ll convince JR to retain salary just give him a 1st rounder?? Like how the heck does this work? Or are we saying JR didn’t do his diligence and call around the league to see if anyone wants to take boeser? If no one had interest I don’t see how giving the agent permission will generate interest 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yes.

I sometimes think they have the same intel as anyone with a computer and internet browser. It's mostly fluff and you're gullible if you believe any of it.

They rarely nail trade predictions. Any manager or GM openly disclosing ongoing organizational activity with a member of the (and I use this word generously) press will never work in pro sports.

2 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

I never understood the whole purpose of giving permission for agents to seek a trade.. what’s the agent suppose to do? Call 31 teams ask if they are interested in Boeser? And then oh if you are interested call JR? Like is he suppose to say ya I’ll convince JR to retain salary just give him a 1st rounder?? Like how the heck does this work? Or are we saying JR didn’t do his diligence and call around the league to see if anyone wants to take boeser? If no one had interest I don’t see how giving the agent permission will generate interest 

Always seems like a pure desperation move from both sides.

3 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

Yes.

I sometimes think they have the same intel as anyone with a computer and internet browser. It's mostly fluff and you're gullible if you believe any of it.

They rarely nail trade predictions. Any manager or GM openly disclosing ongoing organizational activity with a member of the (and I use this word generously) press will never work in pro sports.

Predictions and rumours aren’t absolutes. I would say you’re the gullible ones for believing otherwise. Applies for you too @DeNiro

Just now, sxqhfeh said:

Elliotte mentions Canucks were trying to get Horvat signed in the high 6s/low 7s in the summer. It's out of that stratosphere now.

Mentions it's trending towards him not re-signing.

He also said he refuses to talk in absolutes with this management after JT Miller’s signing. 

He said just because that is where it is trending doesn’t mean he can’t/won’t get signed. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, sxqhfeh said:

Elliotte mentions Canucks were trying to get Horvat signed in the high 6s/low 7s in the summer. It's out of that stratosphere now.

Mentions it's trending towards him not re-signing.

High 6s low 7s in the summer?? I doubt that.. how did it go from high 6 low 7 to the rumours or low 5s in September? If it’s low 7s Horvat would have been signed already back in the summer

14 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

You're drinking the kool aid bud. That guy thrives on hyper vague dialogue and never has a bonafide source to back up anything he sys. He's lost in his own narrative most of the time. It's not his fault, it's his job and we all are entertained by it.

I keep coming back to this but i feel these media types make it tough on players and affects their on ice play at times.

Brock has been getting freaking crushed on these boards with all kinds of "over the line" commentary on him as a hockey player. Now this false and un needed hype.

No wonder these guys have a hard time getting it together. Must be even worse playing in Toronto.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Boeser didn’t ask for a trade.

And I’m not even talking about that I’m talking about his speculation that we’re looking to move Demko now.

He literally said Boeser didn’t ask for a trade, that was other people speculating.

What he said was that the agent was given permission to talk to other teams which was confirmed  other sources 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, bad alice french said:

You're drinking the kool aid bud. That guy thrives on hyper vague dialogue and never has a bonafide source to back up anything he sys. He's lost in his own narrative most of the time. It's not his fault, it's his job and we all are entertained by it.

I keep coming back to this but i feel these media types make it tough on players and affects their on ice play at times.

Brock has been getting freaking crushed on these boards with all kinds of "over the line" commentary on him as a hockey player. Now this false and un needed hype.

No wonder these guys have a hard time getting it together. Must be even worse playing in Toronto.

Not drinking the Kool-aid at all, seeing both sides of the situation is far from drinking the kool-aid. 

If I were I’d blindly follow everything he says, I don’t. 

LA needs a goalie and we are dog shit, not hard to connect the dots there. 

Schenn is a hard nosed dman with cup rings, not hard to connect dots there. 

Boeser’s agent given freedom to talk to teams, not hard to connect dots there. 

Not drinking the kool-aid if you have common sense. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Provost said:

He literally said Boeser didn’t ask for a trade, that was other people speculating.

What he said was that the agent was given permission to talk to other teams which was confirmed  other sources 

He even said he wasn’t sure he was going to run with it but too many sources were coming back with the agent talking to teams story.

9 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

High 6s low 7s in the summer?? I doubt that.. how did it go from high 6 low 7 to the rumours or low 5s in September? If it’s low 7s Horvat would have been signed already back in the summer

Not necessarily, Bo wants to be on a winning team too. I could see him waiting it out to see how the team did before signing term.