The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Montreal Canadiens at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 05, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

If they are in the playoffs spot before the trade deadline, you keep him, treat him as a rental at that point without evert giving up any asset.  They might do a Band-Aid route by adding some defender and that'll about it. If they are 3-5 points out of the playoffs spot, then I'd agree with you.   The management will wait until the trade deadline to see if they are actually in the playoffs spot first to appease the ownership.  

If he’s not signed he’s getting traded. 

• Like 1

Just now, Zerofaith said:

Imagine this game being the curse breaker for this franchise 

It’s something that’s for sure. It’s incredible to come back from 4-0 I don’t care who the opposition is. The team believes in themselves that’s clear. Hopefully that translates into the defensive side of things cause if we are going to get over the .500 hump that’s gotta happen.

I’m on team wait and see cause I don’t know wtf is going on haha. But like I said this game does show me they care and want to win so that’s a good sign.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

He’s not going to have much of a choice. JR isn’t taking a job without autonomy. 

1 minute ago, combover said:

Don’t underestimate Francesco greed  or stupidity for even a potential  “playoff revenue. “

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Nope.  Owner won’t allow it. 

Just now, coolboarder said:

The problem is the owner. You'll have to convince him.  

• There it is 1

15 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Okay Jesus Christ this is a bad take. Stillman had one good shift and Myers had none.

They were literal pylons in the defensive zone and there was good reason why they got hemmed in against so much tonight.

You clearly did not watch them closely enough. They were absolutely lucky they weren't out for more goals against. They weren't the reason for their +/- being positive tonight, the forwards were. They were absolutely trash and I say that as somebody who thinks people are way too dramatic with them. They normally are horrifically bad but that pairing has never been good all year and tonight was no exception.

I watched a shift where both of them literally didn't move a single stride for a solid minute. They both just stood at the front of the net while players moved around them. Didn't tie up a single stick. Didn't box out. Just stood there. Somehow didn't get scored on. 

So you're telling me the other pairings tonight were better?  Like QH scoring on his own net? 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Take a look at January, February's only a bit easier

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/schedule/2023-01-01/PT

The weakest teams are Detroit and Philly during February and Detroit is a plucky team that's been winning this season, Philly has the talent to dump you too

You talking about February, February .... February? Man that's February. 

• Haha 3

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

He’s not going to have much of a choice. JR isn’t taking a job without autonomy. 

The owner signs off on trades of key guys. Too much evidence over the years that this owner refuses rebuilding moves that involve key core pieces.  He will not allow a Bo trade.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Yup, it's going to be a big challenge in January. Should be interesting when Demko comes back and how they manage the workload.

Demko's a real question mark, the official word is what.. six weeks? But the Canucks haven't exactly been transparent regarding injuries this season. Hughes being day to day and then suddenly being week to week springs to mind. 

• Vintage 2

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I hope you’re right, but IMHAO our owner will not allow a key player like Bo traded at the TDL if his club is in the playoff hunt. 

Well maybe the old geezer Jim will give him a dose of his own medicine and slap him upside the head. Everybody starts payin attention after an attitude adjustment. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

Just now, Alflives said:

The owner signs off on trades of key guys. Too much evidence over the years that this owner refuses rebuilding moves that involve key core pieces.  He will not allow a Bo trade.  

Again, autonomy is autonomy. 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Cheers 2

Bo isn't gonna cost that much to sign.

He's having a career year... which won't be repeated.

He has a 22.7% shooting percentage this year... he can't keep that up.  He averages over his career approx. 15%.

GM's know that... they set values based on consistency... not career years.