The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks Getting Calls on Luke Schenn

Warhippy

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Nope, I'd rather they look for a better play of possible and one who's dad isn't the coach

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

His dad being the coach is not a bad thing. Could actually help him get back on track.

He’s a player I’ve wanted since before we even hired Adam Foote. To me it makes even more sense now.

Having Dave Lowry coaching in Winnipeg did wonders for Adam Lowry being able to establish a role and later sign a long term extension. I couldn't imagine it would be the worst thing to have Foote's dad as an assistant here.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Those players cost you a first round pick in a trade based on last offseasons price.

Toronto is not giving them up for Schenn unless we add.

It may depend a bit on how desperate Dubas is. Especially given they’re likely up against Tampa in the first round again. 

1 minute ago, J-Dizzle said:

It may depend a bit on how desperate Dubas is. Especially given they’re likely up against Tampa in the first round again. 

I don’t see it.

Toronto needs to add to their D depth not move one piece out for another.

If they were gonna package Sandin they could get a better return than Schenn.

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Those players cost you a first round pick in a trade based on last offseasons price.

Toronto is not giving them up for Schenn unless we add.

I'd be ok adding rathbone on that deal.  I also don't think liljegren would cost anyone a 1st round pick.  TO is all in and know their window is closing, it's a good chance to capitalize on that desperation.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I don’t see it.

Toronto needs to add to their D depth not move one piece out for another.

If they were gonna package Sandin they could get a better return than Schenn.

There’s a good chance you’re right… but desperate gm’s do silly things sometimes. 

Just now, stawns said:

I'd be ok adding rathbone on that deal.  I also don't think liljegren would cost anyone a 1st round pick.  TO is all in and know their window is closing, it's a good chance to capitalize on that desperation.

I think any value Rathbone had is gone. Hasn't impressed in the AHL this year, has been hurt numerous times, and looked incredibly out of place in his stint with the Canucks earlier. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, MattWN. said:

I think any value Rathbone had is gone. Hasn't impressed in the AHL this year, has been hurt numerous times, and looked incredibly out of place in his stint with the Canucks earlier. 

Actually, he's been very good since coming back from his concussion

Just now, J-Dizzle said:

There’s a good chance you’re right… but desperate gm’s do silly things sometimes. 

As I said, you draw your line in the sand to dubas and if he balks you tell him TB is the next call and it'd be much easier to have Luke on your side rather than playing against him.

At this point Adam has already taught Cal Foote everything he knows so coaching him will do nothing as he’s coached him his whole life. If Foote isn’t a regular by now I don’t think he ever will be as his skating doesn’t allow him to adapt very much. He’s the type that would get burned like Stillman and be a scapegoat here, he’s another true #7 Dman like Burroughs. 

Just now, KyGuy123 said:

At this point Adam has already taught Cal Foote everything he knows so coaching him will do nothing as he’s coached him his whole life. If Foote isn’t a regular by now I don’t think he ever will be as his skating doesn’t allow him to adapt very much. He’s the type that would get burned like Stillman and be a scapegoat here, he’s another true #7 Dman like Burroughs. 

That's how I feel too

It should be noted that Adam Foote coached his son Nolan in Kelowna and it was not a good situation there.......whether or not it had anything to do with father/son or not is up for debate, but it was a less than stellar situation.

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

Liljegren no but Sandin would. I don’t see Liljegren as a good target though. I see him on the same level as Bear and Dermott.

If you can get Sandin for Schenn and Rathbone of course you do it. I’m not sure even Dubas is that desperate though.

3 minutes ago, KyGuy123 said:

I don’t agree at all.

Sometimes players get buried especially on deep teams like Tampa. 

That’s like saying Miller could never be a top 6 player cause he couldn’t crack the top 6 in Tampa.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Liljegren no but Sandin would. I don’t see Liljegren as a good target though. I see him on the same level as Bear and Dermott.

If you can get Sandin for Schenn and Rathbone of course you do it. I’m not sure even Dubas is that desperate though.

He's playing 17 mins a night in TO and is a +24.  I also think it gives TO a little cap leeway next season as well.

Again, maybe Dubas doesn't do it but that would be my target.  Then if look at lesser targets like Foote, though he'd be further down my list.