The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 10 2022 - Vancouver Canucks vs Minnesota Wild - 7:00pm PT/10:00pm ET - Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

5 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Knowing this management / ownership they’re going to buck up and give him a solid offer before the deadline.  

Then we’ll have to see what he does.  If he doesn’t accept, we’ll see if management has the stones to get something for him.  

All the things I (we?) said about not losing Miller for nothing are somehow more important with Horvat.

I believe Bo wants to be here and has pride in being captain.

Like you said the Canucks will probably make one final offer closer to the deadline and it will be up to Bo if he’s willing to take less to stay here long term.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Yes but not shaped like the top 6

I get what you’re saying - we need better two way play from the 3rd line and you’re absolutely correct.  

As it stands there’s Boeser, Garland, Podkolzin and Pearson who can all score slotted for the 3rd line.  (I guess you could swap one with Hoglander).

We all know Boeser is likely out the door but even then I doubt we’ll be hurting for depth scoring - at least from the wings.

Finding a two way guy who can lock down that 3C is a huge issue for this team - as much as the RD in my opinion.  

Not an easy task given our cap situation. 

• Cheers 2

56 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think you are referring to this goal. One of the greatest goals in NHL history. Bure destroys Scott Niedermeyer, then Scott Stevens and then Martin Brodeur. All within a few seconds. All 3 of those players are in the hockey hall of fame. 

Thanks EP,  that's the one! 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

54 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Knowing this management / ownership they’re going to buck up and give him a solid offer before the deadline.  

Then we’ll have to see what he does.  If he doesn’t accept, we’ll see if management has the stones to get something for him.  

All the things I (we?) said about not losing Miller for nothing are somehow more important with Horvat.

48 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I believe Bo wants to be here and has pride in being captain.

Like you said the Canucks will probably make one final offer closer to the deadline and it will be up to Bo if he’s willing to take less to stay here long term.

Stays or goes the Canucks remain. They are still losing with or without him.

Edited by ToTellTheTruth
  • Haha 1
  • RoughGame 2

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Or they could just spend their dollars more wisely and keep Horvat?

We have 23 million tied up in Boeser, Garland, Myers, Pearson and buyout money.

Free that up and they have more than enough to re-sign everyone and upgrade the D. 

This team has improved offensively. Where they’be always been lacking is on D. That will continue to be a problem whether they sign or trade Horvat.

Maybe that’s their plan?  If we can do the full dumperoo of Garland + trade Boeser for a guy who is on an expiring contract + buy out OEL that’s 15+ mil in cap space this summer.  Easily can extend Bo and Kuz Missile.  

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Or they could just spend their dollars more wisely and keep Horvat?

We have 23 million tied up in Boeser, Garland, Myers, Pearson and buyout money.

Free that up and they have more than enough to re-sign everyone and upgrade the D. 

This team has improved offensively. Where they’be always been lacking is on D. That will continue to be a problem whether they sign or trade Horvat.

^ This is why people who repeatedly blather on about a total rebuild are out to lunch. DeNiro makes an excellent point here.  One that the majority of Canuck fans agree with. (Just not the same loud noodniks who consistently push the rebuild mantra).

• Like 1