The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 10 2022 - Vancouver Canucks vs Minnesota Wild - 7:00pm PT/10:00pm ET - Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

9 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Unless you’re trying to say Horvat is the reason they’re losing, I don’t get what you are saying.

Are you saying he is the reason for winning 12 of 27games?

The name on the front of the jersey is Canucks on Horvat's.

He is just a player on a losing team.

What has he done to deserve Sidney Crosby type money? Participate?

What has the team done to deserve cup finalists type of money or winners or regularly appearing playoff teams?

If the group hasn't cracked the egg after 5 years then it is just possible they won't in the next 5 either, more likely even.

If they do then what? Hope like hell Demko and the backup can stop 50 shots a game repeatedly again?

Competing for the 2nd WC spot and failing is so worthy of pay raises.

Bure was traded, Linden, Naslund, Mogilny, so on and so on but the Canucks are still the team.

If GM's are paying guys for fan appeal instead of performance why watch?

"But they look good losing" 

• RoughGame 1
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

^ This is why people who repeatedly blather on about a total rebuild are out to lunch. DeNiro makes an excellent point here.  One that the majority of Canuck fans agree with. (Just not the same loud noodniks who consistently push the rebuild mantra).

Depends on the definition of rebuild, no?  IMHAO a rebuild involves trading away 2 or more key core pieces for futures.  So for us that would be Bo, Miller, Petey, Hughes, Demko.  I think we should trade Bo and Miller.  Hence rebuild.  But our owner will not allow that direction.  He won’t even allow a key core piece to be traded, let alone two.  We will extend Bo.  

• RoughGame 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Maybe that’s their plan?  If we can do the full dumperoo of Garland + trade Boeser for a guy who is on an expiring contract + buy out OEL that’s 15+ mil in cap space this summer.  Easily can extend Bo and Kuz Missile.  

Time means nothing to spectators but being the player watching his skill decrease and his career end getting nearer and closer maybe they want to win too. 

If around too long without winning then a nightly performance becomes satisfactory, being a professional, paid entertainer.

That is one thing about youth and may be a reason most cup winners lately are were/are led by very very young players who want to win, Pettersson has said this and Horvat a couple of years ago, tired of all the losing.

Players are not dummies either they know a good team from a mediocre one.

So many assumptions that players are like the Sedins who never wanted to try at the end of their careers to win a cup. Professionals. Paid for 82 games.

• RoughGame 1

7 minutes ago, ToTellTheTruth said:

Are you saying he is the reason for winning 12 of 27games?

The name on the front of the jersey is Canucks on Horvat's.

He is just a player on a losing team.

What has he done to deserve Sidney Crosby type money? Participate?

What has the team done to deserve cup finalists type of money or winners or regularly appearing playoff teams?

If the group hasn't cracked the egg after 5 years then it is just possible they won't in the next 5 either, more likely even.

If they do then what? Hope like hell Demko and the backup can stop 50 shots a game repeatedly again?

Competing for the 2nd WC spot and failing is so worthy of pay raises.

Bure was traded, Linden, Naslund, Mogilny, so on and so on but the Canucks are still the team.

If GM's are paying guys for fan appeal instead of performance why watch?

"But they look good losing" 

Saying the team has been bad and pointing to one of the best players, who plays a key position, as the reason they’ve been bad is terrible logic.  I don't even know what to say to it. 

If this is a “they need to rebuild” post then maybe just say so.  Sure, whatever, it looks like they aren’t going that direction but you can want that if you like. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

Minnesota Wild at Vancouver Canucks
10:00 PM EST

REFEREES

Steve Kozari #40
SK40.jpg?resize=120%2C120
Trevor Hanson #14
TH14.jpg?resize=120%2C120
Games ’22-23 25 21
Games ’21-22 (Reg/PO) 75 / 14 74 / 4
Career Games (Reg/PO) 1110 / 123 532 / 26
First NHL Game 10/15/05 10/24/13
Birthplace Penticton, BC Richmond, BC
Goals/Gm 6.5 (8) 5.9 (39)
PP/Gm 3.1 (10) 3.1 (10)
Penl/Gm 3.9 (12) 4.1 (8)
PIM/Gm 9.2 (14) 10.0 (5)
% of Penl on Home 47.0% (31) 48.0% (20)
More Penl on Rd % 11.0% (15) 9.0% (19)
Home Win % 57.0% (12) 46.0% (39)
Home Rec. 43-32 34-40
OT/SO Games 20.0% (26) 26.0% (12)
Calls by Period 1st 2nd 3rd 1st 2nd 3rd
2021-22 34% 39% 27% 31% 36% 34%
Team Records 21-22 20-21 19-20 21-22 20-21 19-20
MIN 4-3 4-1 2-1 4-0 3-3 1-1
VAN 3-1 0-0 5-1 3-3 0-0 1-3

LINESMEN

Matt MacPherson #83
MM83.jpg?resize=120%2C120
Kiel Murchison #79
KM79.jpg?resize=120%2C120
Games ’22-23 26 23
Games ’21-22 (Reg/PO) 76 / 22 76 / 24
Career Games (Reg/PO) 767 / 86 690 / 58
First NHL Game 10/11/11 1/21/13
Birthplace Antigonish, NS Cloverdale, BC

Not good.  Hanson has shown absolutely no sign of being willing to conduct himself appropriately when working our games.  There really needs to be a veto rule to avoid problem refs continuing to be allowed to rig games'; I am not sure how the NHL can justify this scumbag's continued employment.  Schenn needs to take him for a skate and inform him that he will end up in the hospital unless he works the game honestly.

3 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

^ This is why people who repeatedly blather on about a total rebuild are out to lunch. DeNiro makes an excellent point here.  One that the majority of Canuck fans agree with. (Just not the same loud noodniks who consistently push the rebuild mantra).

It's more than likely that those trades will each have a return that includes a player with salary cap.  Pears and

Myers may also have a retention included in a trade. 

It's a tricky situation: maybe they can re-sign Bo, but will they also be able to re-sign Kuze,

Hogs, Bear, Schenn or any improvements for the D?  What about the following season

when Pete's looking for his super contract?  It is a very difficult balancing act.  I am hopeful

that there will be and increase in the Salary Cap next season, but it's not something that

can be relied on.

5 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Saying the team has been bad and pointing to one of the best players, who plays a key position, as the reason they’ve been bad is terrible logic.  I don't even know what to say to it. 

If this is a “they need to rebuild” post then maybe just say so.  Sure, whatever, it looks like they aren’t going that direction but you can want that if you like. 

I am sayin he is not enough to change anything, they are losers with him and win games with him but he isn't that relevant anymore to a losing team, this team that has too far to go just to make cap space let alone prospect depth. And at 34 if he is still a top player then this team is really toast.

He is 28 yrs old this year.

Don't want to get stuck with another Horcoff or even Smythe.

Edited by ToTellTheTruth
  • RoughGame 3

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

GOOd vibes today.  We are going to Win!  BB6 is getting a Hatty in his hometown too.  :towel:

Good, Good, Good,,, Good Vibrations for sure, but they must be coming from Outta Spaze, as this is a Home Game for The Vaunted Vancouver Canucks, Mr. Alf.

I see your request for single-malt distilled barley beverages from The Land of the Kilts has failed to arrive on time again.

Scottish GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ToTellTheTruth said:

I am sayin he is not enough to change anything, they are losers with him and win games with him but he isn't that relevant anymore to a losing team, this team that has too far to go just to make cap space let alone prospect depth. And at 34 if he is still a top player then this team is really toast.

He is 28 yrs old this year.

Don't want to get stuck with another Horcoff or even Smythe.

They may end up being forced to move him so we’ll see I guess.  You may end up getting your way.

I think the team is certainly better with him, he’s showing no signs of slowing down and he’ll be tough to replace. 

• Like 2

REFEREES

Steve Kozari #40
SK40.jpg?resize=120,120
Trevor Hanson #14
TH14.jpg?resize=120,120
Games ’22-23 25 21
Games ’21-22 (Reg/PO) 75 / 14 74 / 4
Career Games (Reg/PO) 1110 / 123 532 / 26
First NHL Game 10/15/05 10/24/13
Birthplace Penticton, BC Richmond, BC

LINESMEN

Matt MacPherson #83
MM83.jpg?resize=120,120
Kiel Murchison #79
KM79.jpg?resize=120,120
Games ’22-23 26 23
Games ’21-22 (Reg/PO) 76 / 22 76 / 24
Career Games (Reg/PO) 767 / 86 690 / 58
First NHL Game 10/11/11 1/21/13
Birthplace Antigonish, NS Cloverdale, BC
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

Bruce loves JT's game, but he also loves to win.  Even Miller stated that he was playing lousy and doesn't

take it personally.  I don't think it was a message to Miller, but more to the entire team that anyone can be

benched if they aren't playing well.  Good on Bruce for enforcing that message!

I thought it was really cool to hear.

I'm a JT fan but he had an off game. BB saw it and did what a seasoned pro coach does and sat JT. 

JT, as he is, took it like a man.

Was interesting to hear BB say that he thinks JT has ben the best player for the team in his time here. If he was a poster on CDC, BB would be flamed for days for such a statement. 

• Vintage 2